    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.com

    Old Gringo, Feb 15, 2009

  2. Old Gringo

    Mike Easter Guest

    Old Gringo wrote:
    > `Gord McFee has a question about Reply Headers. I thought some of
    > you might want to go give him a hand. <g>

    Done.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Feb 15, 2009

  3. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    I Have Added My 2 Cents To The, Mike Easter Post:
    > Old Gringo wrote:
    >> `Gord McFee has a question about Reply Headers. I thought some of
    >> you might want to go give him a hand.<g>

    > Done.

    Thanks Mike Easter :)

    --
    Old Gringo

    Old Gringo, Feb 15, 2009
  4. Old Gringo

    Mike Easter Guest

    Old Gringo wrote:
    > Mike Easter Post:
    >> Old Gringo wrote:
    >>> `Gord McFee has a question about Reply Headers. I thought some of
    >>> you might want to go give him a hand.<g>

    >> Done.
    >>

    > Thanks Mike Easter :)

    I don't think Tbird/Moz is going to change. They've been calling it that
    for a long time.

    There's a problem with different people calling the same thing by
    different names. It causes 'confusion' and ambiguity.

    When speaking of the parts or anatomy of a news message, the word 'header'
    has a specific meaning because there are significant header fields and
    header field values, From, References, Subject, Message-ID, Newsgroups and
    so forth. They are 'anatomically' correct and meaningful.

    There isn't a 'reply' header in a news message's headers.

    That's because in the world of Tbird/Moz, they aren't talking about *that
    kind* of header. See what I mean? Ambiguity. That is also the problem
    with using the term 'Quote Header' for the attribution line. It also
    contains the word 'header'. Bad way to be using that word.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Feb 15, 2009
  5. Old Gringo

    Mike Easter Guest

    Old Gringo wrote:
    > Mike Easter Post:

    >> I don't think Tbird/Moz is going to change. They've been calling it
    >> that for a long time.

    >> There isn't a 'reply' header in a news message's headers.

    > Tbird/Mozilla was my first experience, and believe me I have
    > increased my knowledge of attribution lines and reply headers.

    What I was originally^1 'fussing about' when this 'conflict' began was the
    below structure primarily, the philosophy secondarily, and the
    nomenclature lastly/finally:

    Old Gringo wrote:
    Subject: Reply Header
    > Is there a limit?

    ^1 news: or
    http://snipr.com/bxlas

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Feb 15, 2009
  6. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My 2
    Cents To The, Mike Easter Post:
    > Old Gringo wrote:
    >> Mike Easter Post:

    >>> I don't think Tbird/Moz is going to change. They've been calling it
    >>> that for a long time.

    >>> There isn't a 'reply' header in a news message's headers.

    >> Tbird/Mozilla was my first experience, and believe me I have
    >> increased my knowledge of attribution lines and reply headers.

    > What I was originally^1 'fussing about' when this 'conflict' began was the
    > below structure primarily, the philosophy secondarily, and the
    > nomenclature lastly/finally:
    >

    > Old Gringo wrote:
    > Subject: Reply Header
    >> Is there a limit?