    History Fan Guest

    I just wanted to give another plug to the above newsgroup. It should
    be available to most news servers now.
    History Fan, Jun 1, 2006

  2. History Fan

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Ed Mullen, Jun 1, 2006

  3. History Fan

    gwtc Guest

    Ed Mullen wrote:

    > History Fan wrote:
    >
    >> I just wanted to give another plug to the above newsgroup. It should
    >>be available to most news servers now.
    >>

    > It's available on its own server (news.mozilla.org), no need for a
    > separate news server. Just set up an account in your news reader.
    >
    > http://mozilla.edmullen.net/moz_newsgroups.html

    plus they're not supposed to be on other servers.

    --
    Interesting Modern Philosophies: You never really learn to swear until
    you learn to drive. (The corollary is: You never learn to pray until
    gwtc, Jun 1, 2006
  4. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    >> It's available on its own server (news.mozilla.org), no need for a
    >> separate news server. Just set up an account in your news reader.
    >>
    >> http://mozilla.edmullen.net/moz_newsgroups.html
    >>

    > plus they're not supposed to be on other servers.

    mozilla.support.firefox is available on the news.fuse.net newsgroup.
    History Fan, Jun 1, 2006
  5. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    >> plus they're not supposed to be on other servers.
    >>

    > mozilla.support.firefox is available on the news.fuse.net newsgroup.

    I meant "newsSERVER."
    History Fan, Jun 1, 2006
  6. History Fan

    gwtc Guest

    History Fan wrote:
    >>>plus they're not supposed to be on other servers.
    >>>

    >> mozilla.support.firefox is available on the news.fuse.net newsgroup.

    > I meant "newsSERVER."

    that might be true, but what I'm saying is that they shouldn't be, but
    some how, they are.

    gwtc, Jun 2, 2006
  7. History Fan

    gwtc Guest

    See for more info: http://mozillanews.org/bugzilla_warning.php3?id=326759

    gwtc, Jun 2, 2006
  8. History Fan

    Justin Guest

    Ed Mullen wrote on [Thu, 01 Jun 2006 08:36:16 -0400]:
    > History Fan wrote:
    >> I just wanted to give another plug to the above newsgroup. It should
    >> be available to most news servers now.
    >>

    > It's available on its own server (news.mozilla.org), no need for a
    > separate news server. Just set up an account in your news reader.
    >
    > http://mozilla.edmullen.net/moz_newsgroups.html

    **** that. Newsgroups are designed to be spread out to all servers, not
    having an account for every single damn group I want to read.
    Justin, Jun 2, 2006
  9. History Fan

    Justin Guest

    gwtc wrote on [Thu, 01 Jun 2006 09:56:21 -0700]:
    > Ed Mullen wrote:
    >
    >> History Fan wrote:
    >>
    >>> I just wanted to give another plug to the above newsgroup. It should
    >>>be available to most news servers now.
    >>>

    >> It's available on its own server (news.mozilla.org), no need for a
    >> separate news server. Just set up an account in your news reader.
    >>
    >> http://mozilla.edmullen.net/moz_newsgroups.html
    >>

    > plus they're not supposed to be on other servers.

    That's moronic.
    Justin, Jun 2, 2006
  10. History Fan

    Justin Guest

    gwtc wrote on [Fri, 02 Jun 2006 09:41:53 -0700]:
    > Justin wrote:
    >
    >> Ed Mullen wrote on [Thu, 01 Jun 2006 08:36:16 -0400]:

    >>>It's available on its own server (news.mozilla.org), no need for a
    >>>separate news server. Just set up an account in your news reader.
    >>>
    >>>http://mozilla.edmullen.net/moz_newsgroups.html

    >> **** that. Newsgroups are designed to be spread out to all servers, not
    >> having an account for every single damn group I want to read.

    > but the Mozilla support groups are not part of the usenet. They are
    > private. Just like the Corel newsgroups are, or the Stardock, or others.

    And these are the groups that supposedly "replaced" the netscape.*
    groups that were on usenet, yes? Not much of a replacement.
    Justin, Jun 2, 2006
  11. History Fan

    gwtc Guest

    Justin wrote:

    > Ed Mullen wrote on [Thu, 01 Jun 2006 08:36:16 -0400]:
    >
    >>History Fan wrote:
    >>
    >>> I just wanted to give another plug to the above newsgroup. It should
    >>>be available to most news servers now.
    >>>

    >>It's available on its own server (news.mozilla.org), no need for a
    >>separate news server. Just set up an account in your news reader.
    >>
    >>http://mozilla.edmullen.net/moz_newsgroups.html

    > **** that. Newsgroups are designed to be spread out to all servers, not
    > having an account for every single damn group I want to read.

    but the Mozilla support groups are not part of the usenet. They are
    private. Just like the Corel newsgroups are, or the Stardock, or others.

    --
    Interesting Modern Philosophies: The colder the X-ray table, the more
    of your body is required on it.
    gwtc, Jun 2, 2006
  12. History Fan

    gwtc Guest

    Justin wrote:

    > gwtc wrote on [Fri, 02 Jun 2006 09:41:53 -0700]:
    >
    >>Justin wrote:

    >>>**** that. Newsgroups are designed to be spread out to all servers, not
    >>>having an account for every single damn group I want to read.

    >>but the Mozilla support groups are not part of the usenet. They are
    >>private. Just like the Corel newsgroups are, or the Stardock, or others.

    > And these are the groups that supposedly "replaced" the netscape.*
    > groups that were on usenet, yes? Not much of a replacement.

    the netscape.public.* groups were NOT user support groups. They were
    developers groups. The support groups were on the
    secnews.netscape.com server. The News.Mozilla.org server replaces the
    netscape.com newsgroups.

    gwtc, Jun 2, 2006