    In Sunbird I want the date to appear (in Day/Week View) as "27 Aug".
    Not as 8/27, not as August 27, not as Aug 27.
    Am I missing something, or does the option not exist?

    gty, Aug 27, 2007

  2. gty

    Gordon Guest

    "gty" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I don't wish to sound ungrateful -- I mean Mozilla does the excellent
    >Firefox.
    > But there's one thing about Mozilla's Sunbird calendar app that really
    > annoys me -- it's nothing major, and it's probably my OCD (or CDO if all
    > the letters were arranged properly in alphabetical order as they should
    > be) that makes me get so het up about it, but why can't I arrange the date
    > format how *I* want it?
    > This is a problem that exists on XP as well -- I'm not picking exclusively
    > on Mozilla.
    > In Sunbird I want the date to appear (in Day/Week View) as "27 Aug".
    > Not as 8/27, not as August 27, not as Aug 27.
    > Am I missing something, or does the option not exist?

    I think you'll find that Mozilla Sunbird uses the OS date settings - check
    in Control Panel-Regional and Language Options for the settings

    Gordon, Aug 27, 2007

  3. gty

    Guest

    , Aug 27, 2007
  4. gty

    Gordon Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > I've actually been curious about using Sunbird, is it it any better
    > than the Outlook Calendar? Would anyone recommend switching to
    > Sunbird?
    >

    > http://ineedcomputerhelp.blogspot.com/

    The only thing that you can't do (at the moment AFAIK) in Sunbird is to drag
    an email (or document) onto the Calendar or tasks and create a new item with
    the detail. However, Sunbird will email appointment reminders which is
    something Outlook does NOT do! Sunbird will also allow you to subscribe to a
    web-based calendar with read-write function - something ELSE that Outlook
    doesn't do!

    Gordon, Aug 27, 2007
  5. gty

    nobody > Guest

    gty wrote:
    > I don't wish to sound ungrateful -- I mean Mozilla does the excellent
    > Firefox.
    > But there's one thing about Mozilla's Sunbird calendar app that really
    > annoys me -- it's nothing major, and it's probably my OCD (or CDO if all
    > the letters were arranged properly in alphabetical order as they should
    > be) that makes me get so het up about it, but why can't I arrange the
    > date format how *I* want it?
    > This is a problem that exists on XP as well -- I'm not picking
    > exclusively on Mozilla.
    > In Sunbird I want the date to appear (in Day/Week View) as "27 Aug".
    > Not as 8/27, not as August 27, not as Aug 27.
    > Am I missing something, or does the option not exist?

    You must have been in the military. I was, the dd/mo/yy format is my
    personal favorite.

    As far as Sunbird, I'm no help.

    nobody >, Sep 4, 2007