    Firefox 2.0 when it becomes available. I am wondering why PC Magazine
    and other sources claim Opera 9 is the best and sets the standard while
    still touting Firefox as being excellent.
    measekite, Jul 16, 2006

  2. measekite

    Neon Knight Guest

    measekite <> wrote in
    news:eek:Peug.6065$:

    > I have been using Mozilla Suite and like it. I may switch to the
    > new Firefox 2.0 when it becomes available. I am wondering why PC
    > Magazine and other sources claim Opera 9 is the best and sets the
    > standard while still touting Firefox as being excellent.

    Probably because Opera pays more for the write ups.
    Neon Knight, Jul 16, 2006

  3. measekite

    Neon Knight Guest

    measekite <> wrote in

    Neon Knight, Jul 16, 2006
  4. Neon Knight wrote:
    > measekite <> wrote in
    >
    >> I have been using Mozilla Suite and like it. I may switch to the
    >> new Firefox 2.0 when it becomes available. I am wondering why PC
    >> Magazine and other sources claim Opera 9 is the best and sets the
    >> standard while still touting Firefox as being excellent.

    > Probably because Opera pays more for the write ups.

    Any 'writeup' is subject to the whims and perceptions of the
    writer/editor involved. Some will be predisposed to favour one product
    over another, dependent on their nature.
    Some favour IE because they have always used it and are familiar
    with it (better the devil you know), others favour Opera because it was
    the first serious 'alternative' to IE when Netscape faltered, and others
    favour Firefox or other Mozilla products of course.

    'Best' or 'Better' is a subjective evaluation. Since most users have the
    opportunity to take each for a test run (IE still comes built in to
    Windows System software and Mozilla products are 'free' to download), it
    is suggested that rather than rely on some writers evaluation of a
    product, try it for yourself, see what YOU think!
    Mozilla Champion (Dan), Jul 16, 2006

    Mozilla Champion (Dan), Jul 16, 2006
  6. measekite

    Guest

    Also some reviewers rave about certain browsers because they happen to
    have the features the reviewer likes, where I might like other
    features. I am not of the computer generation so everything I learn new
    about computers is a challenge. All I know, from a layman's
    perspective, is that Firefox has been a revelation for me, especially
    being able to customize it with various extensions. I won't even try
    the 2.0 beta until it becomes the official new version, when Firefox
    will perform the update for me automatically.
    Mozilla Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > Neon Knight wrote:
    > > measekite <> wrote in
    > >
    > >> I have been using Mozilla Suite and like it. I may switch to the
    > >> new Firefox 2.0 when it becomes available. I am wondering why PC
    > >> Magazine and other sources claim Opera 9 is the best and sets the
    > >> standard while still touting Firefox as being excellent.

    > > Probably because Opera pays more for the write ups.

    > Any 'writeup' is subject to the whims and perceptions of the
    > writer/editor involved. Some will be predisposed to favour one product
    > over another, dependent on their nature.
    > Some favour IE because they have always used it and are familiar
    > with it (better the devil you know), others favour Opera because it was
    > the first serious 'alternative' to IE when Netscape faltered, and others
    > favour Firefox or other Mozilla products of course.
    >
    > 'Best' or 'Better' is a subjective evaluation. Since most users have the
    > opportunity to take each for a test run (IE still comes built in to
    > Windows System software and Mozilla products are 'free' to download), it
    > is suggested that rather than rely on some writers evaluation of a
    > product, try it for yourself, see what YOU think!
    , Jul 16, 2006
  7. measekite

    Mozilla Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > Neon Knight wrote:
    > > measekite <> wrote in
    > >
    > >> I have been using Mozilla Suite and like it. I may switch to the
    > >> new Firefox 2.0 when it becomes available. I am wondering why PC
    > >> Magazine and other sources claim Opera 9 is the best and sets the
    > >> standard while still touting Firefox as being excellent.

    > > Probably because Opera pays more for the write ups.

    > Any 'writeup' is subject to the whims and perceptions of the
    > writer/editor involved. Some will be predisposed to favour one product
    > over another, dependent on their nature.
    > Some favour IE because they have always used it and are familiar
    > with it (better the devil you know), others favour Opera because it was
    > the first serious 'alternative' to IE when Netscape faltered, and others
    > favour Firefox or other Mozilla products of course.
    >
    > 'Best' or 'Better' is a subjective evaluation. Since most users have the
    > opportunity to take each for a test run (IE still comes built in to
    > Windows System software and Mozilla products are 'free' to download), it
    > is suggested that rather than rely on some writers evaluation of a
    > product, try it for yourself, see what YOU think!
    , Jul 16, 2006
  8. measekite

    elaich Guest

    measekite <> wrote in news:eek:Peug.6065$2v.1427
    @newssvr25.news.prodigy.net:

    > I am wondering why PC Magazine
    > and other sources claim Opera 9 is the best and sets the standard while
    > still touting Firefox as being excellent.

    It's that "sneering, looking down my nose at Firefox while I sip my tea
    with my pinky finger unengaged" attitude. I found Opera to be clunky and
    horribly un-intuitive software. The Opera-heads sneer at Firefox because
    it's too "common." Kind of like Linux users.
    elaich, Jul 16, 2006
  9. measekite

    elaich, Jul 16, 2006
  10. measekite

    gwtc Guest

    elaich wrote:
    > measekite <> wrote in news:eek:Peug.6065$2v.1427
    > @newssvr25.news.prodigy.net:
    >

    >>I am wondering why PC Magazine
    >>and other sources claim Opera 9 is the best and sets the standard while
    >>still touting Firefox as being excellent.
    >>

    > It's that "sneering, looking down my nose at Firefox while I sip my tea
    > with my pinky finger unengaged" attitude. I found Opera to be clunky and
    > horribly un-intuitive software. The Opera-heads sneer at Firefox because
    > it's too "common." Kind of like Linux users.

    I don't like opera because you're forced to use their profile location.

    --
    So, You Think You Know Everything?

    Did you know that "Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the
    letters "mt".
    gwtc, Jul 16, 2006
  11. measekite

    gwtc Guest