    mozilla suite will be discontinued.

    Will everyone be stuck with NVU?

    Will Firefox pickup the Composer and mail/news?

    theo, Mar 14, 2005

  2. theo

    theo Guest

    abcnews article yesterday states that

    theo, Mar 14, 2005

  3. theo

    theo Guest

    "theo" <> wrote in message
    > abcnews article yesterday states that
    > mozilla suite will be discontinued.
    >
    > Will everyone be stuck with NVU?
    >
    > Will Firefox pickup the Composer and mail/news?

    and what about netscape?

    theo

    theo, Mar 14, 2005
  4. theo

    Watchman Guest

    theo wrote:

    > abcnews article yesterday states that
    > mozilla suite will be discontinued.
    >
    > Will everyone be stuck with NVU?
    >
    > Will Firefox pickup the Composer and mail/news?

    No, that's what Thunderbird is for.

    Watchman :)
    --
    'Anyone who isn't confused doesn't really know what's going on'

    Watchman, Mar 14, 2005
  5. theo wrote:

    >abcnews article yesterday states that
    >mozilla suite will be discontinued.
    >
    >Will everyone be stuck with NVU?
    >
    >Will Firefox pickup the Composer and mail/news?

    Hello Theo,

    Mozilla the Suite is not dead like the media thinks, that media spin.

    Read the "Head Lizard Wrangler's" blog and she will explain it as
    clearly as possible.

    http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/mitchell/

    Michael

    Michael Gordon, Mar 14, 2005
  6. theo wrote:

    >"theo" <> wrote in message
    >

    >>abcnews article yesterday states that
    >>mozilla suite will be discontinued.
    >>
    >>Will everyone be stuck with NVU?
    >>
    >>Will Firefox pickup the Composer and mail/news?
    >>

    >and what about netscape?
    >
    >theo

    The latest Netscape will be a web browser only patterned after Firefox.

    Michael

    Michael Gordon, Mar 14, 2005
  7. theo wrote:
    > abcnews article yesterday states that
    > mozilla suite will be discontinued.
    >
    > Will everyone be stuck with NVU?
    >
    > Will Firefox pickup the Composer and mail/news?

    I've never had a lot of use for either Mozilla Composer, or Nvu, but
    those that do seem to think Nvu is quite a bit superior to Composer.

    Use Thunderbird for Mail/News.

    Or keep using the Suite. The Mozilla Foundation will be issuing a
    1.8b2, and probably a i.8b, and, most likely a series of 1.9 alpha and
    beta builds. They just won't be releasing final builds.

    They will also be releasing 1.7.6 soon, and other security release on
    the 1.7 branch.

    I have been testing 1.8b1, and would have no problem recommending it to
    a user. Keep an eye on reports, and go for it.

    Then keep an eye on the independent Seamonkey group, who plan to release
    final builds based on the suite code in the betas.

    All is not lost.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Mar 14, 2005
  8. theo

    Xin Zhang Guest

    theo wrote:
    > abcnews article yesterday states that
    > mozilla suite will be discontinued.

    Mozilla.org published this news back in 2002 I believe. And don't panic,
    the core of the suite is still being developed. And you can actually get
    something new frequently.

    > Will everyone be stuck with NVU?
    >
    > Will Firefox pickup the Composer and mail/news?

    Maybe not, the mail and news is the task of thunderbird, but the
    composing component is in the core.

    Xin Zhang, Mar 14, 2005
  9. theo

    Keith Bowes Guest

    Xin Zhang wrote:
    > theo wrote:
    >
    >> abcnews article yesterday states that
    >> mozilla suite will be discontinued.

    > Mozilla.org published this news back in 2002 I believe.

    But, it become a case of the boy who cried wolf fairly quickly. Only
    recently has it became obvious that they probably mean it, but
    regardless of whether they do or not, us users will create a separate
    successor that won't be subject to the stagnation associated with MoFo
    being the maintainers.

    Keith Bowes, Mar 14, 2005
  10. theo

    John Corliss Guest

    Michael Gordon wrote:
    > theo wrote:
    >
    >> abcnews article yesterday states that
    >> mozilla suite will be discontinued.
    >>
    >> Will everyone be stuck with NVU?
    >>
    >> Will Firefox pickup the Composer and mail/news?
    >>

    > Hello Theo,
    >
    > Mozilla the Suite is not dead like the media thinks, that media spin.
    >
    > Read the "Head Lizard Wrangler's" blog and she will explain it as
    > clearly as possible.
    >
    > http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/mitchell/
    >
    > Michael

    Michael, what date was the entry you refer to?

    TIA

    --
    Regards from John Corliss

    John Corliss, Apr 17, 2005
  11. John Corliss wrote:

    > Michael Gordon wrote:
    >
    >> theo wrote:
    >>
    >>> abcnews article yesterday states that
    >>> mozilla suite will be discontinued.
    >>>
    >>> Will everyone be stuck with NVU?
    >>>
    >>> Will Firefox pickup the Composer and mail/news?
    >>>

    >> Hello Theo,
    >>
    >> Mozilla the Suite is not dead like the media thinks, that media spin.
    >>
    >> Read the "Head Lizard Wrangler's" blog and she will explain it as
    >> clearly as possible.
    >>
    >> http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/mitchell/
    >>
    >> Michael

    > Michael, what date was the entry you refer to?
    >
    > TIA

    Hello John,

    The link above to the blog has gone into the archives, you can find it
    here, but you have to scroll down to the second article.

    http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/mitchell/archives/2005/03/index.html

    Michael

    Michael Gordon, Apr 17, 2005
  12. theo

    Chris Ilias Guest

    _John Corliss_ spoke thusly:
    > Michael Gordon wrote:
    >
    >>Mozilla the Suite is not dead like the media thinks, that media spin.
    >>
    >>Read the "Head Lizard Wrangler's" blog and she will explain it as
    >>clearly as possible.
    >>
    >>http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/mitchell/

    > Michael, what date was the entry you refer to?

    http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/mitchell/archives/2005/03/community_trans.html

    Followup-to set to alt.fan.mozilla

    --
    Chris Ilias - Mozilla Champion
    Email -

    Chris Ilias, Apr 17, 2005
  13. theo

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Ed Mullen, Apr 18, 2005
  14. theo

    John Corliss Guest

    Michael Gordon wrote:

    > John Corliss wrote:
    >
    >> Michael Gordon wrote:

    >>> Hello Theo,
    >>>
    >>> Mozilla the Suite is not dead like the media thinks, that media spin.
    >>>
    >>> Read the "Head Lizard Wrangler's" blog and she will explain it as
    >>> clearly as possible.
    >>>
    >>> http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/mitchell/
    >>>
    >>> Michael

    >> Michael, what date was the entry you refer to?
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>

    > Hello John,
    >
    > The link above to the blog has gone into the archives, you can find it
    > here, but you have to scroll down to the second article.
    >
    > http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/mitchell/archives/2005/03/index.html
    >
    > Michael

    Thanks!

    --
    Regards from John Corliss

    John Corliss, Apr 18, 2005
  15. theo

    John Corliss Guest

    Chris Ilias wrote:

    > _John Corliss_ spoke thusly:
    >
    >>Michael Gordon wrote:
    >>

    >>>Mozilla the Suite is not dead like the media thinks, that media spin.
    >>>
    >>>Read the "Head Lizard Wrangler's" blog and she will explain it as
    >>>clearly as possible.
    >>>
    >>>http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/mitchell/

    >>Michael, what date was the entry you refer to?

    > http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/mitchell/archives/2005/03/community_trans.html
    >
    > Followup-to set to alt.fan.mozilla

    Thanks, Chris!

    --
    Regards from John Corliss
    I don't reply to trolls. No adware, cdware, commercial software,

    John Corliss, Apr 18, 2005