Mozilla Stops development

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn, Mar 15, 2005.

  1. So its back to IE or Netscape 8..?
    BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn, Mar 15, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    wunderbar Guest

    <BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn> wrote in message
    news:...

    > So its back to IE or Netscape 8..?


    On the suite.

    The Mozilla Foundation is putting all future development into Firefox and
    Thunderbird, and these projects continue unabated.

    Part of the open-source community is currently considering whether or not to
    take on the task of providing ongoing development of the Seamonkey (suite)
    trunk.
    wunderbar, Mar 15, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn wrote:
    > So its back to IE or Netscape 8..?


    NS8 is Mozilla with a few addons.

    Also, there are apparently two fork projects in the running even
    now(only read about this last week).
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Mar 15, 2005
    #3
  4. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    Crash Guest

    Graham wrote:
    > BILL, bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn wrote:
    >>
    >> So its back to IE or Netscape 8..?

    >
    > If you say so!
    >
    > Got a link?


    Rodger's posts are so uniform that I wonder if he knows the meaning of that
    word.

    :cool:

    Crash.
    Crash, Mar 15, 2005
    #4
  5. BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn, Mar 15, 2005
    #5
  6. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 21:51:09 +0000, in message
    <>, Graham wrote:

    > BILL, bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn wrote:
    > >
    > > So its back to IE or Netscape 8..?

    >
    > If you say so!
    >
    > Got a link?



    The link is http://www.mozilla.org/seamonkey-transition.html
    • Mozilla are stopping development of Seamonkey (only). The 1.7.x line
    will be the last set of Seamonkey products released and maintained
    by the Mozilla Foundation.
    • Mozilla are continuing development of Firefox and Thunderbird.
    Unfortunately, Roger has not communicated this clearly.


    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    "Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" -- Aldous Huxley
    Ralph Fox, Mar 15, 2005
    #6
  7. In article <>, BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >So its back to IE or Netscape 8..?
    >

    That's the Mozilla Suite. Doesn't end development of Firefox.

    --
    Matthew Poole Auckland, New Zealand
    "Veni, vidi, velcro...
    I came, I saw, I stuck around"

    My real e-mail is mattATp00leDOTnet
    Matthew Poole, Mar 15, 2005
    #7
  8. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    steve Guest

    BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn wrote:
    >
    > So its back to IE or Netscape 8..?


    They stopped development of the Mozilla Suite......

    Not browsers.
    steve, Mar 15, 2005
    #8
  9. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    Graham Guest

    BILL, bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn wrote:
    >
    > So its back to IE or Netscape 8..?


    If you say so!

    Got a link?
    Graham, Mar 15, 2005
    #9
  10. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    Thor Guest

    steve wrote:

    > BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn wrote:
    >>
    >> So its back to IE or Netscape 8..?

    >
    > They stopped development of the Mozilla Suite......
    >
    > Not browsers.


    But it's free so it wasn't any good anyway...


    --
    *~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Thor
    Thor, Mar 15, 2005
    #10
  11. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    AD. Guest

    On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:33:37 +1300, steve wrote:

    > BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn wrote:
    >>
    >> So its back to IE or Netscape 8..?

    >
    > They stopped development of the Mozilla Suite......


    But the suite will most likely carry on, just not as an official Mozilla
    Foundation project.

    --
    Cheers
    Anton
    AD., Mar 15, 2005
    #11
  12. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    AD. Guest

    On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 21:40:54 +1300, wrote:

    > So its back to IE or Netscape 8..?


    You have an amazing ability to misread things, believe bollocks, or jump
    to conclusions don't you? (quite often all those things at once)

    --
    Cheers
    Anton
    AD., Mar 16, 2005
    #12
  13. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    Gordon Guest

    On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 21:40:54 +1300, wrote:

    >
    >
    >
    > So its back to IE or Netscape 8..?


    Yep, and stay there. Bet you can not.
    Gordon, Mar 16, 2005
    #13
  14. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    Gordon Guest

    On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 22:03:08 +1300, Crash wrote:

    > Rodger's posts are so uniform that I wonder if he knows the meaning of that
    > word.


    On which days are we talking about here?

    Think about it gentle people
    Gordon, Mar 16, 2005
    #14
  15. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    Gordon Guest

    On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:51:17 +1300, Thor wrote:

    > steve wrote:
    >
    >> BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn wrote:
    >>>
    >>> So its back to IE or Netscape 8..?

    >>
    >> They stopped development of the Mozilla Suite......
    >>
    >> Not browsers.

    >
    > But it's free so it wasn't any good anyway...


    So that explains why MSIE is the way it is. Free and F???ked
    Gordon, Mar 16, 2005
    #15
  16. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    Gordon Guest

    On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 21:58:35 +1300, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn wrote:
    >> So its back to IE or Netscape 8..?

    >
    > NS8 is Mozilla with a few addons.
    >
    > Also, there are apparently two fork projects in the running even
    > now(only read about this last week).


    The octopus is now showing a great interest, more than one fork.
    Gordon, Mar 16, 2005
    #16
  17. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    steve Guest

    Thor wrote:
    > steve wrote:
    >
    >
    >>BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn wrote:
    >>
    >>>So its back to IE or Netscape 8..?

    >>
    >>They stopped development of the Mozilla Suite......
    >>
    >>Not browsers.

    >
    >
    > But it's free so it wasn't any good anyway...


    You don't like air and water then?

    ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==----
    http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
    ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----
    steve, Mar 16, 2005
    #17
  18. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    Thor Guest

    steve wrote:

    > Thor wrote:
    >> steve wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>So its back to IE or Netscape 8..?
    >>>
    >>>They stopped development of the Mozilla Suite......
    >>>
    >>>Not browsers.

    >>
    >>
    >> But it's free so it wasn't any good anyway...

    >
    > You don't like air and water then?
    >


    I was having a sling at woge, if it's free or not a decent brand then it is
    no good. However according him, nothing is ever it's real brand anyway,
    they are always rebranded somthing else. No manufacturer actually makes
    their own products and unless it's the latest and greatest it isn't worth
    buying. However if it's the latest and greatest you shouldn't try it
    because it isn't tested. So once it's tested it is no longer the greatest
    and latest so shouldn't be tried.

    You see :)


    --
    *~~~~~~~~~~~Thor
    Thor, Mar 16, 2005
    #18
  19. Gordon wrote:
    >>Also, there are apparently two fork projects in the running even
    >>now(only read about this last week).


    > The octopus is now showing a great interest, more than one fork.


    ummmm wha?
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Mar 16, 2005
    #19
  20. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    Crash Guest

    Thor wrote:
    > steve wrote:
    >
    >> Thor wrote:
    >>> steve wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>> BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> So its back to IE or Netscape 8..?
    >>>>
    >>>> They stopped development of the Mozilla Suite......
    >>>>
    >>>> Not browsers.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> But it's free so it wasn't any good anyway...

    >>
    >> You don't like air and water then?
    >>

    >
    > I was having a sling at woge, if it's free or not a decent brand then
    > it is no good. However according him, nothing is ever it's real brand
    > anyway, they are always rebranded somthing else. No manufacturer
    > actually makes their own products and unless it's the latest and
    > greatest it isn't worth buying. However if it's the latest and
    > greatest you shouldn't try it because it isn't tested. So once it's
    > tested it is no longer the greatest and latest so shouldn't be tried.
    >
    > You see :)


    Thor that is one of the best encapsulations of the great Roger S I have seen
    in a long time. I dont LOL often but I did reading that!

    Crash.
    Crash, Mar 17, 2005
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Disco

    mozilla 1.5 from mozilla 1.4

    Disco, Nov 6, 2003, in forum: Firefox
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    525
    Ed Mullen
    Nov 7, 2003
  2. Norvin Adams III
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    1,977
    db cooper
    Jul 13, 2004
  3. William W. Plummer

    Mozilla development to cease

    William W. Plummer, Mar 11, 2005, in forum: Firefox
    Replies:
    27
    Views:
    992
    ..brian..
    Mar 21, 2005
  4. Doug Chadduck

    Mozilla pieces versus Mozilla Suite

    Doug Chadduck, Dec 2, 2005, in forum: Firefox
    Replies:
    40
    Views:
    1,862
    Leonidas Jones
    Feb 12, 2006
  5. John Breckenridge
    Replies:
    8
    Views:
    712
    Toolman Tim
    Aug 14, 2005
Loading...

Share This Page