    info about Mozilla I came across that there was a spyware available? Is
    there?

    Michael A.

    Taller Than The Fence, Oct 8, 2004

  2. Taller Than The Fence wrote:

    > First off, I'm not a programmer!
    >
    > I just downloaded and installed Mozilla lastest version. While reading
    > info about Mozilla I came across that there was a spyware available? Is
    > there?
    >
    > Michael A.

    What are you talking about?

    Andreas

    Pooh Ba -- As in the The International Order of Water Buffalos, and the
    Loyal Order of Racoons.

    To contact me remove the other name for "Canned Meat"

    Andreas, His Excellency, The Imperial Grand Pooh-B, Oct 8, 2004

  3. Andreas, His Excellency, The Imperial Grand Pooh-Bah wrote:

    > Taller Than The Fence wrote:
    >
    >> First off, I'm not a programmer!
    >>
    >> I just downloaded and installed Mozilla lastest version. While reading
    >> info about Mozilla I came across that there was a spyware available?
    >> Is there?
    >>
    >> Michael A.

    > What are you talking about?
    >
    > Andreas

    I'll give you an example is the best I can do, On MSIE I downloaded from
    Yahoo a toolbar that encluded a program that removed spy - cookies from
    my PC. Somewhere in my travels on the Internet while studying Mozilla,
    (darned if I know where now) it was mentioned that in addition to
    Mozilla haveing a pop up blocker built in, you could also find and
    delete spy cookies.

    Michael A.

    Taller Than The Fence, Oct 8, 2004
  4. Taller Than The Fence wrote:

    > Andreas, His Excellency, The Imperial Grand Pooh-Bah wrote:
    >
    >> Taller Than The Fence wrote:
    >>
    >>> First off, I'm not a programmer!
    >>>
    >>> I just downloaded and installed Mozilla lastest version. While
    >>> reading info about Mozilla I came across that there was a spyware
    >>> available? Is there?
    >>>
    >>> Michael A.

    >> What are you talking about?
    >>
    >> Andreas

    > I'll give you an example is the best I can do, On MSIE I downloaded from
    > Yahoo a toolbar that encluded a program that removed spy - cookies from
    > my PC. Somewhere in my travels on the Internet while studying Mozilla,
    > (darned if I know where now) it was mentioned that in addition to
    > Mozilla haveing a pop up blocker built in, you could also find and
    > delete spy cookies.
    >
    > Michael A.

    You can set up various settings for cookies. Edit, Preferences, Privacy
    & Security, Cookies, if you check "Allow cookies based on privacy
    settings," then click on the View button, and you can customize it even
    more. Then from the Browser, click on the Tools menu, and Cookie
    Manager, Manage Stored Cookies, and you can manage the cookies from
    there, including deleting them.

    Andreas, His Excellency, The Imperial Grand Pooh-B, Oct 8, 2004
  5. Taller Than The Fence

    charles Guest

    On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 15:09:16 -0400, Taller Than The Fence
    <> wrote:

    >Andreas, His Excellency, The Imperial Grand Pooh-Bah wrote:
    >
    >> Taller Than The Fence wrote:
    >>
    >>> First off, I'm not a programmer!
    >>>
    >>> I just downloaded and installed Mozilla lastest version. While reading
    >>> info about Mozilla I came across that there was a spyware available?
    >>> Is there?
    >>>
    >>> Michael A.

    >> What are you talking about?
    >>
    >> Andreas

    >I'll give you an example is the best I can do, On MSIE I downloaded from
    >Yahoo a toolbar that encluded a program that removed spy - cookies from
    >my PC. Somewhere in my travels on the Internet while studying Mozilla,
    >(darned if I know where now) it was mentioned that in addition to
    >Mozilla haveing a pop up blocker built in, you could also find and
    >delete spy cookies.
    >
    >Michael A.

    Maybe you are thinking of Spywareblaster from Javacool

    <http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html>

    which has a feature to block spyware/tracking cookies that it knows
    about. Works for both IE and Mozilla/FF browsers.

    charles, Oct 9, 2004