    Nigel Stapley

    www.judgemental.plus.com

    <reply-to will bounce>
    Nigel Stapley, Jul 14, 2004

  2. Nigel Stapley

    Count Guest

    On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 22:52:25 +0100, Nigel Stapley
    <> wrote:

    >I've set the 'Target' properties in the Quick Launch shortcut so that
    >the splash screen doesn't come up when I open Mozilla from that, but if

    How did you do that?

    Thanks
    --
    Count
    Count, Jul 14, 2004

  3. Nigel Stapley

    .BRIAN. Guest

    On 7/14/2004 06:44 PM, Count wrote:
    > On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 22:52:25 +0100, Nigel Stapley
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>I've set the 'Target' properties in the Quick Launch shortcut so that
    >>the splash screen doesn't come up when I open Mozilla from that, but if

    > How did you do that?
    >
    > Thanks

    I'm sure he added -nosplash to the target.

    --
    Brian

    Email Info -
    http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm
    .BRIAN., Jul 15, 2004
  4. ..BRIAN. wrote:
    > On 7/14/2004 06:44 PM, Count wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 22:52:25 +0100, Nigel Stapley
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >>> I've set the 'Target' properties in the Quick Launch shortcut so that
    >>> the splash screen doesn't come up when I open Mozilla from that, but if

    >> How did you do that?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > I'm sure he added -nosplash to the target.

    Yep. Managed to work that out (I'm quite smart for a sysadmin :)). Wish
    I could figure our how to block the splash otherwise, though. Anyone....?

    --
    Regards

    Nigel Stapley

    www.judgemental.plus.com

    <reply-to will bounce>
    Nigel Stapley, Jul 15, 2004
  5. Nigel Stapley

    Michael C. Guest

    On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 23:14:52 +0100,
    Nigel Stapley <> wrote:
    > .BRIAN. wrote:
    > > On 7/14/2004 06:44 PM, Count wrote:

    > >> How did you do that?
    > >>
    > >> Thanks

    > > I'm sure he added -nosplash to the target.
    > >

    > Yep. Managed to work that out (I'm quite smart for a sysadmin :)). Wish
    > I could figure our how to block the splash otherwise, though. Anyone....?

    I saw a post in here recently about changing the protocol handler for
    http, I don't remember the details, but that would be the best place to
    start looking.

    GL,

    Michael C.
    --
    http://mcsuper5.freeshell.org/

    "Man is equally incapable of seeing the nothingness from which he emerges
    and the infinity in which he is engulfed." - Blaise Pascal
    Michael C., Jul 16, 2004
  6. On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 23:14:52 +0100, in Newsgroup--> alt.fan.mozilla, the
    personage of Nigel Stapley <>, courtesy of Message-id
    <40f701dc$0$4541$> and wondering whence the
    lambs & piglets, bleated & squealed:

    >.BRIAN. wrote:
    >> On 7/14/2004 06:44 PM, Count wrote:

    >>> How did you do that?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

    >> I'm sure he added -nosplash to the target.
    >>

    >Yep. Managed to work that out (I'm quite smart for a sysadmin :)). Wish
    >I could figure our how to block the splash otherwise, though. Anyone....?

    Use "Resource Hacker" (http://www.users.on.net/johnson/resourcehacker/
    ) and manually removes the splash-screen's bitmap resource. I have been using
    that app, to remove Mozilla's splash-screen, for quite some time, with no
    problems.
    Vrodok the Troll, Jul 16, 2004