Mozilla Seamonkey newsreader questions

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Stegozor, Jun 11, 2005.

  1. Stegozor

    Stegozor Guest

    Hi,

    Is it possible to modify the first line, the one saying "XXX wrote" when
    you reply to a message? For example, I'd like to change it to something
    like "XXX wrote in message which ID is dddd@dddd".

    Also, how can I modify the headers, adding new lines (for self-moderated
    groups, control messages etc.) ?

    If someone has a link to a page with "advanced" tips and tricks for
    Mozilla Seamonkey (and, why not, for Thunderbird as well), I'd be glad
    to hear about it.

    I couldn't find answers to my questions on
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Main_Page

    Thanks in advance.

    --
    Defend freedom in the Digital World : http://www.eff.org
    Help science with your CPU's idle time : http://boinc.berkeley.edu

    Stegozor, Jun 11, 2005

  2. Stegozor wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is it possible to modify the first line, the one saying "XXX wrote" when
    > you reply to a message? For example, I'd like to change it to something
    > like "XXX wrote in message which ID is dddd@dddd".

    There's an extension called "TB Reset Quote Header" that'll let you do
    that in Thunderbird, but it's probably not compatible with SeaMonkey.

    > Also, how can I modify the headers, adding new lines (for self-moderated
    > groups, control messages etc.) ?

    I believe I saw a Thunderbird extension on addons.mozilla.org that does
    that, but again, it probably doesn't work in the suite.

    --
    Ryukage

    Damian Dollahite, Jun 11, 2005

  3. Stegozor

    Travis Evans Guest

    Stegozor wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Is it possible to modify the first line, the one saying "XXX wrote"
    > when you reply to a message? For example, I'd like to change it to
    > something like "XXX wrote in message which ID is dddd@dddd".

    There are some hidden preferences that I believe work both on Seamonkey
    and Thunderbird. They begin with "mailnews.reply_header". They may be
    editable with about:config, or you may have to add them to user_pref.js
    yourself (I don't remember). I found a list here:

    http://www.geocities.com/pratiksolanki/old-index.html#mailnews

    --
    Travis Evans
    [The email address on this post is valid, but may change from time to

    Travis Evans, Jun 12, 2005
  4. Stegozor

    Moz Champion Guest

    http://www.holgermetzger.de/efaqmailnews.html#6