    tried another browser and it went to myspace just fine. Any ideas on
    what happened? Browser hijack?

    Thanks :)

    zvnteq7, Jan 9, 2009

  2. zvnteq7 wrote:

    > Hi, this morning when I opened Seamonkey to go to myspace.com, it
    > redirects me to: http://m.myspace.com/login.wap?isredirected=true I
    > tried another browser and it went to myspace just fine. Any ideas on
    > what happened?

    I'd guess you deleted your cookies. Log in again, and if/when SeaMonkey
    asks to save the cookie(s), answer Yes.

    > Browser hijack?

    Not likely, else you'd see a link to a 'hijack' site.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 9, 2009

  3. zvnteq7

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 12:16:27 -0500, zvnteq7 <>
    wrote:

    >Hi, this morning when I opened Seamonkey to go to myspace.com, it
    >redirects me to: http://m.myspace.com/login.wap?isredirected=true

    Which is ... uhhh.. myspace.

    >I tried another browser and it went to myspace just fine.

    So did this browser. :)

    >Any ideas on what happened?

    You need to login.

    >Browser hijack?

    A hijack from myspace to myspace? Clever.. :-D

    Evan Platt, Jan 9, 2009
  4. zvnteq7

    zvnteq7 Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 12:16:27 -0500, zvnteq7 <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Hi, this morning when I opened Seamonkey to go to myspace.com, it
    >> redirects me to: http://m.myspace.com/login.wap?isredirected=true

    > Which is ... uhhh.. myspace.
    >
    >> I tried another browser and it went to myspace just fine.

    > So did this browser. :)
    >
    >> Any ideas on what happened?

    > You need to login.
    >
    >> Browser hijack?

    > A hijack from myspace to myspace? Clever.. :-D

    Well, the page I get is a very plain looking page just asking for email
    and password: http://i40.tinypic.com/a26749.jpg

    I had myspace bookmarked and when I clicked the bookmark, it goes to
    this odd looking page, not the normal myspace 'welcome screen'

    zvnteq7, Jan 9, 2009
  5. zvnteq7

    G. Morgan Guest

    zvnteq7 wrote:

    >Hi, this morning when I opened Seamonkey to go to myspace.com, it
    >redirects me to: http://m.myspace.com/login.wap?isredirected=true I
    >tried another browser and it went to myspace just fine. Any ideas on
    >what happened? Browser hijack?

    That link is for Myspace Mobile edition, that's what the "m" sub domain means
    and the page itself is login.WAP <--

    It must think Seamonkey is a mobile browser.

    --
    Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that,
    I'll be over here, looking through your stuff. -Jack Handey

    G. Morgan, Jan 9, 2009
  6. zvnteq7

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 13:17:21 -0500, zvnteq7 <>
    wrote:

    >Well, the page I get is a very plain looking page just asking for email
    >and password: http://i40.tinypic.com/a26749.jpg
    >
    >I had myspace bookmarked and when I clicked the bookmark, it goes to
    >this odd looking page, not the normal myspace 'welcome screen'

    Somehow it thinks you're on a mobile device. But that is myspace.

    Evan Platt, Jan 9, 2009
  7. zvnteq7

    catchme Guest

    zvnteq7 wrote:
    > Hi, this morning when I opened Seamonkey to go to myspace.com, it
    > redirects me to: http://m.myspace.com/login.wap?isredirected=true I
    > tried another browser and it went to myspace just fine. Any ideas on
    > what happened? Browser hijack?
    >
    > Thanks :)

    use firefox with noscript extension- it will prevent any unauthorised
    redirects and inform you when you are about to enter a forged site.

    catchme, Jan 9, 2009
  8. zvnteq7

    zvnteq7 Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 13:17:21 -0500, zvnteq7 <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Well, the page I get is a very plain looking page just asking for email
    >> and password: http://i40.tinypic.com/a26749.jpg
    >>
    >> I had myspace bookmarked and when I clicked the bookmark, it goes to
    >> this odd looking page, not the normal myspace 'welcome screen'

    > Somehow it thinks you're on a mobile device. But that is myspace.

    after some google-ing just now, I found this:
    http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=40&p=5440895 looks like I
    wasn't losing my mind after all :eek:

    zvnteq7, Jan 10, 2009