    before?

    thanks,
    perplexed

    Pedro Sanchez, May 31, 2006

  2. Pedro Sanchez

    gwtc Guest

    Pedro Sanchez wrote:

    > I noticed that when I go above 20 tabs open that the browser will
    > freeze on the last tab. Also, since the browser at that point won't
    > respond I just hit the big X and start over.
    >
    > However it wouldn't restart, I notice in task manager it was still
    > loaded so I had to end the process in order to load mozilla again.
    >
    > Has this ever happened to any of you or have you heard of this error
    > before?
    >
    > thanks,
    > perplexed

    its a known problem and the developers don't know whats causing it.
    Just continue to end it the way you have been in the task manager.

    --
    Interesting Modern Philosophies: Experience is something you don't get
    until just after you need it.

    gwtc, Jun 1, 2006

  3. Pedro Sanchez

    Glassman Guest

    "Pedro Sanchez" <> wrote in message
    > I noticed that when I go above 20 tabs open that the browser will
    > freeze on the last tab. Also, since the browser at that point won't
    > respond I just hit the big X and start over.
    >
    > However it wouldn't restart, I notice in task manager it was still
    > loaded so I had to end the process in order to load mozilla again.
    >
    > Has this ever happened to any of you or have you heard of this error
    > before?
    >
    > thanks,
    > perplexed

    Why would you want so many pages tabbed like that anyway?

    --

    JK Sinrod
    www.sinrodstudios.com

    Glassman, Jun 1, 2006
  4. Pedro Sanchez

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Glassman wrote:
    > "Pedro Sanchez" <> wrote in message
    >> I noticed that when I go above 20 tabs open that the browser will
    >> freeze on the last tab. Also, since the browser at that point won't
    >> respond I just hit the big X and start over.
    >>
    >> However it wouldn't restart, I notice in task manager it was still
    >> loaded so I had to end the process in order to load mozilla again.
    >>
    >> Has this ever happened to any of you or have you heard of this error
    >> before?
    >>
    >> thanks,
    >> perplexed
    >>

    > Why would you want so many pages tabbed like that anyway?

    Because there are as many different needs and ways to work as there are
    people. Just because you don't need or want to work that way doesn't
    mean it's an invalid concept. The point is that a designed feature of
    the program is not working reliably and needs to be fixed or the
    operational specs need to be restated.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Jun 1, 2006
  5. On Wed, 31 May 2006 21:59:18 -0400, "Glassman" <>
    wrote:

    >"Pedro Sanchez" <> wrote in message
    >> I noticed that when I go above 20 tabs open that the browser will
    >> freeze on the last tab. Also, since the browser at that point won't
    >> respond I just hit the big X and start over.
    >>
    >> However it wouldn't restart, I notice in task manager it was still
    >> loaded so I had to end the process in order to load mozilla again.
    >>
    >> Has this ever happened to any of you or have you heard of this error
    >> before?
    >>
    >> thanks,
    >> perplexed
    >>

    > Why would you want so many pages tabbed like that anyway?

    During weather episodes. I keep many tabs loading many different sites
    with different updated weather information.

    I only do the billion tabs deal when storms are near, which is not
    every day.

    But I do need 20-25 tabs open during those times.

    Hope that explains it.

    Pedro Sanchez, Jun 1, 2006
  6. Pedro Sanchez

    Mumia W. Guest

    Pedro Sanchez wrote:
    > [...]
    > During weather episodes. I keep many tabs loading many different sites
    > with different updated weather information.
    >
    > I only do the billion tabs deal when storms are near, which is not
    > every day.
    >
    > But I do need 20-25 tabs open during those times.
    >
    > Hope that explains it.

    If I were you, I'd open a couple of windows and have about 13 tabs in each.

    Mumia W., Jun 1, 2006
  7. Pedro Sanchez

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Mumia W. wrote:
    > Pedro Sanchez wrote:
    >> [...]
    >> During weather episodes. I keep many tabs loading many different sites
    >> with different updated weather information.
    >>
    >> I only do the billion tabs deal when storms are near, which is not
    >> every day.
    >>
    >> But I do need 20-25 tabs open during those times.
    >>
    >> Hope that explains it.
    >>

    > If I were you, I'd open a couple of windows and have about 13 tabs in each.

    Why?

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Jun 1, 2006
  8. Pedro Sanchez

    gwtc Guest

    Pedro Sanchez wrote:

    > On Wed, 31 May 2006 21:59:18 -0400, "Glassman" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>"Pedro Sanchez" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I noticed that when I go above 20 tabs open that the browser will
    >>>freeze on the last tab. Also, since the browser at that point won't
    >>>respond I just hit the big X and start over.
    >>>
    >>>However it wouldn't restart, I notice in task manager it was still
    >>>loaded so I had to end the process in order to load mozilla again.
    >>>
    >>>Has this ever happened to any of you or have you heard of this error
    >>>before?
    >>>
    >>>thanks,
    >>>perplexed
    >>>

    >> Why would you want so many pages tabbed like that anyway?

    > During weather episodes. I keep many tabs loading many different sites
    > with different updated weather information.
    >
    > I only do the billion tabs deal when storms are near, which is not
    > every day.
    >
    > But I do need 20-25 tabs open during those times.
    >
    > Hope that explains it.

    I usually have one window open. If I want to know what the weather is
    like, I just stick my head out that window and take a look.

    --
    Interesting Modern Philosophies: You never really learn to swear until
    you learn to drive. (The corollary is: You never learn to pray until

    gwtc, Jun 1, 2006
  9. Pedro Sanchez

    Mumia W. Guest

    Ed Mullen wrote:
    > Mumia W. wrote:
    >> Pedro Sanchez wrote:
    >>> [...]

    >> If I were you, I'd open a couple of windows and have about 13 tabs in
    >> each.
    >>

    > Why?

    To get around the bug that causes Fx to lockup when more than 20 tabs
    have been opened in a single window.

    Mumia W., Jun 1, 2006
  10. On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 09:58:07 -0700, gwtc <37>
    wrote:

    >I usually have one window open. If I want to know what the weather is
    >like, I just stick my head out that window and take a look.

    Wow, that addressed my question and really helped.

    Now I don't need to be bothered with this.

    thanks!

    Pedro Sanchez, Jun 2, 2006
  11. Pedro Sanchez

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Pedro Sanchez wrote:
    > On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 09:58:07 -0700, gwtc <37>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I usually have one window open. If I want to know what the weather is
    >> like, I just stick my head out that window and take a look.

    > Wow, that addressed my question and really helped.
    >
    > Now I don't need to be bothered with this.
    >
    > thanks!

    Yeah, but, uh, what's the weather gonna be the next three days in
    Alpharetta, Ga? I keep sticking my head out the window and all that
    happens is I get the birds on the windowsill upset.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Jun 2, 2006
  12. On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 20:48:24 -0400, Ed Mullen <> wrote:

    >Pedro Sanchez wrote:
    >> On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 09:58:07 -0700, gwtc <37>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I usually have one window open. If I want to know what the weather is
    >>> like, I just stick my head out that window and take a look.

    >> Wow, that addressed my question and really helped.
    >>
    >> Now I don't need to be bothered with this.
    >>
    >> thanks!
    >>

    >Yeah, but, uh, what's the weather gonna be the next three days in
    >Alpharetta, Ga? I keep sticking my head out the window and all that
    >happens is I get the birds on the windowsill upset.

    Yes, and this is why no one ever gets degrees in atmospheric science
    anymore..oh wait, hundreds do every year....
    I forget so easy.

    btw, I love it when people say, "Out of no where that storm came"
    I laugh because all they had to do was check the weather and they
    would have EXPECTED the storm.

    But people are stupid, just don't force me to be "in the dark" too.

    cheers everyone.

    Pedro Sanchez, Jun 2, 2006
  13. Pedro Sanchez

    Glassman Guest

    "Ed Mullen" <> wrote in message
    > Glassman wrote:
    > > "Pedro Sanchez" <> wrote in message
    > >> I noticed that when I go above 20 tabs open that the browser will
    > >> freeze on the last tab. Also, since the browser at that point won't
    > >> respond I just hit the big X and start over.
    > >>
    > >> However it wouldn't restart, I notice in task manager it was still
    > >> loaded so I had to end the process in order to load mozilla again.
    > >>
    > >> Has this ever happened to any of you or have you heard of this error
    > >> before?
    > >>
    > >> thanks,
    > >> perplexed
    > >>

    > > Why would you want so many pages tabbed like that anyway?
    > >

    > Because there are as many different needs and ways to work as there are
    > people. Just because you don't need or want to work that way doesn't
    > mean it's an invalid concept. The point is that a designed feature of
    > the program is not working reliably and needs to be fixed or the
    > operational specs need to be restated.
    >
    > --
    > Ed Mullen

    Ed calm down, I was asking what the user was doing that required so many
    pages tabbed. Nowhere was it a condemning or critical question, nor did I
    imply or infer that it was in anyway an invalid concept. Do you jump at your
    wife like that at the breakfast table?

    Glassman, Jun 6, 2006
  14. Pedro Sanchez

    > On Wed, 31 May 2006 21:59:18 -0400, "Glassman" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >"Pedro Sanchez" <> wrote in message
    > >> I noticed that when I go above 20 tabs open that the browser will
    > >> freeze on the last tab. Also, since the browser at that point won't
    > >> respond I just hit the big X and start over.
    > >>
    > >> However it wouldn't restart, I notice in task manager it was still
    > >> loaded so I had to end the process in order to load mozilla again.
    > >>
    > >> Has this ever happened to any of you or have you heard of this error
    > >> before?
    > >>
    > >> thanks,
    > >> perplexed
    > >>

    > > Why would you want so many pages tabbed like that anyway?

    > During weather episodes. I keep many tabs loading many different sites
    > with different updated weather information.
    >
    > I only do the billion tabs deal when storms are near, which is not
    > every day.
    >
    > But I do need 20-25 tabs open during those times.
    >
    > Hope that explains it.

    Ah thanks Pedro, I was curious. I would think that you'd have a bandwith
    problem with that many open at the same time, is this so? Can you get them
    each to auto-refresh as well?

    Glassman, Jun 6, 2006
  15. On Mon, 5 Jun 2006 22:13:05 -0400, "Glassman" <>
    wrote:

    >> But I do need 20-25 tabs open during those times.
    >>
    >> Hope that explains it.
    >>

    > Ah thanks Pedro, I was curious. I would think that you'd have a bandwith
    >problem with that many open at the same time, is this so? Can you get them
    >each to auto-refresh as well?

    I have cable access, so bandwidth isn't the issue. And yes, I can
    refresh all tabs with a mouse click.

    Pedro Sanchez, Jun 6, 2006
  16. Pedro Sanchez

    > On Mon, 5 Jun 2006 22:13:05 -0400, "Glassman" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >> But I do need 20-25 tabs open during those times.
    > >>
    > >> Hope that explains it.
    > >>

    > > Ah thanks Pedro, I was curious. I would think that you'd have a

    bandwith
    > >problem with that many open at the same time, is this so? Can you get

    them
    > >each to auto-refresh as well?

    > I have cable access, so bandwidth isn't the issue. And yes, I can
    > refresh all tabs with a mouse click.

    Is there a setting or method to get open tabs to autorefresh every few
    minutes? That would be a cool feature.

    Glassman, Jun 9, 2006
  17. On Fri, 9 Jun 2006 09:47:19 -0400, "Glassman" <>
    wrote:

    >"Pedro Sanchez" <> wrote in message

    >> > Ah thanks Pedro, I was curious. I would think that you'd have a

    >bandwith
    >> >problem with that many open at the same time, is this so? Can you get

    >them
    >> >each to auto-refresh as well?

    >> I have cable access, so bandwidth isn't the issue. And yes, I can
    >> refresh all tabs with a mouse click.
    >>

    > Is there a setting or method to get open tabs to autorefresh every few
    >minutes? That would be a cool feature.

    Right click on any tab, one of the options is "refresh all tabs"

    there you go

    Pedro Sanchez, Jun 9, 2006
  18. Glassman wrote:

    > "Pedro Sanchez" <> wrote in message

    > > > Ah thanks Pedro, I was curious. I would think that you'd have a

    > bandwith
    > > >problem with that many open at the same time, is this so? Can you get

    > them
    > > >each to auto-refresh as well?

    > > I have cable access, so bandwidth isn't the issue. And yes, I can
    > > refresh all tabs with a mouse click.
    > >

    > Is there a setting or method to get open tabs to autorefresh every few
    > minutes? That would be a cool feature.
    >
    > --
    >
    > JK Sinrod
    > www.sinrodstudios.com
    > www.MyConeyIslandMemories.com

    There already is ReloadEvery
    load that extension

    MC (temp) Dan [no email], Jun 9, 2006
  19. Pedro Sanchez

    Glassman Guest

    "MC (temp) Dan [no email]" <> wrote in message

    > Glassman wrote:
    > >
    > > "Pedro Sanchez" <> wrote in message

    > > bandwith

    > > them
    > > >
    > > > I have cable access, so bandwidth isn't the issue. And yes, I can
    > > > refresh all tabs with a mouse click.
    > > >

    > > Is there a setting or method to get open tabs to autorefresh every few
    > > minutes? That would be a cool feature.
    > >

    > There already is ReloadEvery
    > load that extension

    Still would be nice for pages to auto-refresh every minute or so.

    Glassman, Jun 10, 2006
  20. Glassman wrote:

    > "MC (temp) Dan [no email]" <> wrote in message
    > >

    > > Glassman wrote:
    > > >
    > > > "Pedro Sanchez" <> wrote in message

    > > > bandwith
    > > > them

    > > > Is there a setting or method to get open tabs to autorefresh every few
    > > > minutes? That would be a cool feature.
    > > >

    > > There already is ReloadEvery
    > > load that extension

    > Still would be nice for pages to auto-refresh every minute or so.
    > --

    Only if you want them to! Some people who are on limited accounts would not
    appreciate it at all. Also nice if you have the speed to be able to do it.
    In any case, the extension gives you that capability, if you want it, go
    right ahead and use it if thats your liking.

    MC (temp) Dan [no email], Jun 10, 2006