  1. An Metet

    An Metet Guest

    Anyone have an opinion on which of the two is better (speed, security, features)? I've been using Mozilla for about 1 year now and am pretty happy with it. Any reason to switch for fbird?

    An Metet, Jan 9, 2004

  2. An Metet

    Ed Mullen Guest

    An Metet wrote:

    > Anyone have an opinion on which of the two is better (speed, security, features)? I've been using Mozilla for about 1 year now and am pretty happy with it. Any reason to switch for fbird?

    IMHO, I wouldn't recommend the switch for most users until the Birds are
    at release level. On the other hand, if you want to experiment, and are
    willing to tinker a lot, dive in.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Jan 9, 2004

  3. An Metet

    Keith Bowes Guest

    Ed Mullen wrote:

    > IMHO, I wouldn't recommend the switch for most users until the Birds are
    > at release level.

    At which time, the Suite will probably start using the Birds.

    Keith Bowes, Jan 10, 2004
  4. An Metet

    Mr. Man Guest

    An Metet said on 1/9/2004 12:41 PM:

    > Anyone have an opinion on which of the two is better (speed, security, features)? I've been using Mozilla for about 1 year now and am pretty happy with it. Any reason to switch for fbird?

    If you use both the browser and/or mail/news, there's no point in /not/
    using the Mozilla suite. Later, when T-bird and F-bird learn to talk to
    each other better, there may be some advantage to using the two (though
    I can't think of any)

    VERY good reading as to why they are going the 'bird route:
    http://www.mozilla.org/roadmap.html

    --
    Mr. Man

    Mr. Man, Jan 10, 2004