    Mozilla?

    Any help is appreciated.

    --Mark
    Mark, Aug 25, 2003

  2. Mark

    Gunther Guest

    In article <iflcrralpg09$.24rvx5xqk3ts$>,
    says...
    > I really hope I'm posting this question to the right NG here. Basically,
    > I'm trying to find out the functional difference(s) between Mozilla (the
    > browser portion) and Firebird. Why would I want to use Firebird instead of
    > Mozilla?

    MozillaFirebird is cuter, smaller, faster, better.
    Also shinier, better smelling and just plain nice!

    I should know, I use both.
    Actually, I rarely use mozilla (proper), since firebird
    does all I want, except I miss the composer.
    I especially like many of the available extensions for
    firebird: I couldn't live without adblock, nuke-image,
    and flash-click-to-view. Great stuff.

    Gunther
    Gunther, Aug 25, 2003

  3. Mark

    Keith Bowes Guest

    Gunther wrote:

    > MozillaFirebird is cuter, smaller, faster, better.
    > Also shinier, better smelling and just plain nice!

    I'd disagree. Firebird is a major PITA.

    > I especially like many of the available extensions for
    > firebird: I couldn't live without adblock, nuke-image,
    > and flash-click-to-view. Great stuff.

    Hem. I've wondered what the point of adblock is. The ads still
    download and display, then they disappear and ruin the page's aesthetics
    in the process.
    Keith Bowes, Aug 26, 2003
  4. Mark

    Gunther Guest

    In article <wSy2b.633$2.webusenet.com>,
    says...
    > Hem. I've wondered what the point of adblock is. The ads still
    > download and display, then they disappear

    THIS >>-------------------->>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    is the point.

    > and ruin the page's aesthetics
    > in the process.

    The kinds of ads I'm talking about appear on
    web pages where aesthetics play a very minor rĂ´le.
    I particularly hate any that move/blink/thrust
    or otherwise distract my eye.

    Gunther, Aug 26, 2003
  5. Keith Bowes wrote:

    > Gunther wrote:
    >

    >> MozillaFirebird is cuter, smaller, faster, better.
    >> Also shinier, better smelling and just plain nice!

    > I'd disagree. Firebird is a major PITA.

    To each his own, its my default browser.

    >> I especially like many of the available extensions for
    >> firebird: I couldn't live without adblock, nuke-image,
    >> and flash-click-to-view. Great stuff.

    > Hem. I've wondered what the point of adblock is. The ads still
    > download and display, then they disappear and ruin the page's aesthetics
    > in the process.

    I've never used adblock. I do use Flash click to view, to get rid of the
    annying flash ads jumping around, and I wouldn't be without it. I also
    set animated gifs to loop only once, which is enough to let me know a
    gif is animted, and the it stops bothering me.

    I'm curious, you call FB a PITA, but give no specifics as to why. Its a
    little hard to discuss a problem if you don't let us know what it is.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Aug 26, 2003
  6. Mark

    desertstorm Guest

    I became curious as a result of this post an downloaded Firebird and
    installed it. It works fine so far, however I detected trouble with the
    print function. Firebird would not allow me to print certain pages.
    That a known bug?
    d.

    desertstorm, Aug 31, 2003