    like it down there in the quick start bar where I can get to it anytime
    without going to the desktop. How can I tell Mozilla to keep it there?
    THanks.
    William W. Plummer, Mar 25, 2005

  2. William W. Plummer wrote:
    > I like the Mozilla icon in the quick start bar at the lower right corner
    > of my screen. However, sometimes it disappears after a restart of the
    > O/S. Everything works normally if I click on the desktop icon but I
    > like it down there in the quick start bar where I can get to it anytime
    > without going to the desktop. How can I tell Mozilla to keep it there?
    > THanks.

    The bar at the lower right is the systray.

    Do you have Quick Launch enabled?

    Are you missing any other programs icons that should be in the systray?

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Mar 25, 2005

  3. Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > William W. Plummer wrote:
    >
    >> I like the Mozilla icon in the quick start bar at the lower right
    >> corner of my screen. However, sometimes it disappears after a restart
    >> of the O/S. Everything works normally if I click on the desktop icon
    >> but I like it down there in the quick start bar where I can get to it
    >> anytime without going to the desktop. How can I tell Mozilla to keep
    >> it there? THanks.

    > The bar at the lower right is the systray.
    >
    > Do you have Quick Launch enabled?
    >
    > Are you missing any other programs icons that should be in the systray?

    Yes, Quick Launch and Search toolbars are enabled. The Avast and Atomic
    Time Sync icons are present. In addition there is an icon that displays
    the tool tip "comcast.dca.giganews.com" that I don't want but can't make
    go away. "Dave's Quick Search Bar" works just fine.
    William W. Plummer, Mar 25, 2005
  4. William W. Plummer

    Maxx Pollare Guest

    The voice of "William W. Plummer" drifted in on the cyber-winds,
    from the sea of virtual chaos...

    > I like the Mozilla icon in the quick start bar at the lower right
    > corner of my screen. However, sometimes it disappears after a
    > restart of the O/S. Everything works normally if I click on the
    > desktop icon but I like it down there in the quick start bar where
    > I can get to it anytime without going to the desktop. How can I
    > tell Mozilla to keep it there?

    You mean the "Quick Launch", right?
    It's just a windows folder with some links in it.

    Right-Click on an empty space on your Taskbar and desecect "Lock the
    Taskbar", then pull the Quick Launch slider untill you ether see the
    Mozilla Icon, or have enough empty space to Right click and select
    "Open Folder". The rest should be obvious...

    --
    Maxx Pollare, a "small god" in his own mind...
    Maxx Pollare, Mar 26, 2005
  5. William W. Plummer wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >
    >> William W. Plummer wrote:
    >>
    >>> I like the Mozilla icon in the quick start bar at the lower right
    >>> corner of my screen. However, sometimes it disappears after a
    >>> restart of the O/S. Everything works normally if I click on the
    >>> desktop icon but I like it down there in the quick start bar where I
    >>> can get to it anytime without going to the desktop. How can I tell
    >>> Mozilla to keep it there? THanks.

    >> The bar at the lower right is the systray.
    >>
    >> Do you have Quick Launch enabled?
    >>
    >> Are you missing any other programs icons that should be in the systray?

    > Yes, Quick Launch and Search toolbars are enabled. The Avast and Atomic
    > Time Sync icons are present. In addition there is an icon that displays
    > the tool tip "comcast.dca.giganews.com" that I don't want but can't make
    > go away. "Dave's Quick Search Bar" works just fine.

    I don't know much about Win 2K, but there has been a problem in XP with
    Systray icons not displaying. Hiding icons for networked UPnP devices
    fixed it for me.

    My Network Places, under Network Tasks.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Mar 26, 2005
  6. Maxx Pollare wrote:
    > The voice of "William W. Plummer" drifted in on the cyber-winds,
    > from the sea of virtual chaos...
    >

    >>I like the Mozilla icon in the quick start bar at the lower right
    >>corner of my screen. However, sometimes it disappears after a
    >>restart of the O/S. Everything works normally if I click on the
    >>desktop icon but I like it down there in the quick start bar where
    >>I can get to it anytime without going to the desktop. How can I
    >>tell Mozilla to keep it there?

    > You mean the "Quick Launch", right?
    > It's just a windows folder with some links in it.
    >
    > Right-Click on an empty space on your Taskbar and desecect "Lock the
    > Taskbar", then pull the Quick Launch slider untill you ether see the
    > Mozilla Icon, or have enough empty space to Right click and select
    > "Open Folder". The rest should be obvious...

    No, not the Quick Launch Bar, but rather the one that can optionally
    show the clock and a few other things.

    I do not have a "Lock the Taskbar" selection on any menu on Win2KP.
    Moving the sliders don't reveal the Mozilla icon.

    I'll be the problem will go away if I reinstall Mozilla. I think
    that's how I fixed it the last time. Thanks for your help.
    William W. Plummer, Mar 26, 2005
  7. William W. Plummer

    Doug G Guest

    William W. Plummer wrote:

    > Maxx Pollare wrote:
    >> The voice of "William W. Plummer" drifted in on the cyber-winds,
    >> from the sea of virtual chaos...
    >>

    >>>I like the Mozilla icon in the quick start bar at the lower right
    >>>corner of my screen. However, sometimes it disappears after a
    >>>restart of the O/S. Everything works normally if I click on the
    >>>desktop icon but I like it down there in the quick start bar where
    >>>I can get to it anytime without going to the desktop. How can I
    >>>tell Mozilla to keep it there?

    >> You mean the "Quick Launch", right?
    >> It's just a windows folder with some links in it.
    >>
    >> Right-Click on an empty space on your Taskbar and desecect "Lock the
    >> Taskbar", then pull the Quick Launch slider untill you ether see the
    >> Mozilla Icon, or have enough empty space to Right click and select
    >> "Open Folder". The rest should be obvious...

    > No, not the Quick Launch Bar, but rather the one that can optionally
    > show the clock and a few other things.
    >
    > I do not have a "Lock the Taskbar" selection on any menu on Win2KP.
    > Moving the sliders don't reveal the Mozilla icon.
    >
    > I'll be the problem will go away if I reinstall Mozilla. I think
    > that's how I fixed it the last time. Thanks for your help.

    Mozilla's Quick Launch can be enabled/disabled in Edit -> Preferences ->
    Advanced. When it is enabled you should see the Mozilla icon in the
    System Tray (systray) along with the clock.

    Some third party applications (WinPatrol for one) can prevent Mozilla's
    Quick Launch from starting at system startup.
    Doug G, Mar 26, 2005
  8. Doug G wrote:
    > William W. Plummer wrote:
    >

    >>Maxx Pollare wrote:
    >>
    >>>The voice of "William W. Plummer" drifted in on the cyber-winds,
    >>>from the sea of virtual chaos...

    > Mozilla's Quick Launch can be enabled/disabled in Edit -> Preferences ->
    > Advanced. When it is enabled you should see the Mozilla icon in the
    > System Tray (systray) along with the clock.

    Thank you! Checking the "Keep Mozilla in Memory" item seems to have
    fixed the problem. Too bad Mozilla is so obscure.
    William W. Plummer, Mar 27, 2005