Mozilla newsreader?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Episode3WillSuck, May 30, 2004.

  1. I remember reading somewhere that Mozilla (or the makers of Mozilla)
    designed a stand-alone newreader. Anyone know the name of it?

    Episode3WillSuck, May 30, 2004

  2. Episode3WillSuck

    ratbob Guest

    Episode3WillSuck wrote:

    > I remember reading somewhere that Mozilla (or the makers of Mozilla)
    > designed a stand-alone newreader. Anyone know the name of it?

    Thunderbird?
    http://www.mozilla.org/projects/thunderbird/

    ratbob, May 30, 2004

  3. Episode3WillSuck

    Keith Bowes Guest

    ratbob wrote:
    > Episode3WillSuck wrote:
    >
    >> I remember reading somewhere that Mozilla (or the makers of Mozilla)
    >> designed a stand-alone newreader. Anyone know the name of it?
    >>

    > Thunderbird?
    > http://www.mozilla.org/projects/thunderbird/

    But that's also an e-mail reader, so it doesn't exactly count.

    Keith Bowes, May 30, 2004
  4. Episode3WillSuck

    Moz Champion Guest

    Keith Bowes wrote:

    > ratbob wrote:
    >
    >> Episode3WillSuck wrote:
    >>
    >>> I remember reading somewhere that Mozilla (or the makers of Mozilla)
    >>> designed a stand-alone newreader. Anyone know the name of it?
    >>>

    >> Thunderbird?
    >> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/thunderbird/

    > But that's also an e-mail reader, so it doesn't exactly count.

    Um, why not? You dont HAVE to get your email with it, just use it as a newsreader.

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

    Moz Champion, Jun 1, 2004
  5. On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 11:52:20 GMT, Moz Champion wrote in
    :

    > Keith Bowes wrote:
    >
    >> ratbob wrote:

    >>> Thunderbird?
    >>> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/thunderbird/

    >> But that's also an e-mail reader, so it doesn't exactly
    >> count.
    >>

    > Um, why not? You dont HAVE to get your email with it, just
    > use it as a newsreader.

    Years ago, when Netscape was in pre-release, it had a newsreader
    and email client that I really liked. I kept on using them after
    I stopped using Netscape for browsing. Finally, I got tired of
    kick-starting them, so I ended up using Eudora and XNews. I was
    able to configure them to act just like what I was used to. Been
    using them ever since.

    Flatus Ohlfahrt, Jun 16, 2004