Mozilla news reader reads too many headers?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by William W. Plummer, Jan 17, 2005.

  1. Some news groups (rec.aviation.piloting for one) cause the news reader
    to display "27124 of 151,024 headers read" or something similar. It
    takes quite awhile to read all of them and most of the time no unread
    messages are displayed. Is there a way to make Mozilla remember what
    it has read and skip it next time?
    William W. Plummer, Jan 17, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. William W. Plummer

    KeithS Guest

    William W. Plummer wrote:

    > Is there a way to make Mozilla remember what
    > it has read and skip it next time?

    View/Threads/Threads with unread ?
    KeithS
    KeithS, Jan 17, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. KeithS wrote:
    > William W. Plummer wrote:
    >
    >> Is there a way to make Mozilla remember what it has read and skip
    >> it next time?

    >
    > View/Threads/Threads with unread ?
    > KeithS

    Yep. That's what I use. But everytime I start Mozilla, it re-reads
    all the headers.
    William W. Plummer, Jan 17, 2005
    #3
  4. William W. Plummer

    Moz Champion Guest

    William W. Plummer wrote:

    > KeithS wrote:
    >
    >> William W. Plummer wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is there a way to make Mozilla remember what it has read and skip
    >>> it next time?

    >>
    >>
    >> View/Threads/Threads with unread ?
    >> KeithS

    >
    > Yep. That's what I use. But everytime I start Mozilla, it re-reads
    > all the headers.


    When you download, use the dialogue to select only the last 100 or so,
    and checkmark mark remaining headers read.

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org
    Mozilla Champions - http://mozillachampions.mozdev.org
    Mozilla Manual - http://mozmanual.mozdev.org/
    Moz Champion, Jan 18, 2005
    #4
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. JD
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    1,279
  2. mattcar

    how many hard drives is too many?

    mattcar, Jun 28, 2007, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    1,821
    WhzzKdd
    Jun 29, 2007
  3. GraB

    How many fonts are too many?

    GraB, Jan 16, 2006, in forum: NZ Computing
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    525
    Mr Undeniably Sluttish
    Jan 18, 2006
  4. Zipper
    Replies:
    15
    Views:
    796
    Zipper
    Dec 1, 2006
  5. svchost.exe -- How Many Is Too Many?

    , Mar 24, 2008, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    10
    Views:
    886
Loading...

Share This Page