    Sometimes I'm asked for the information several times in a row even
    though I check the box to remember my user id etc

    any help here would be appreciated
    william kossack, Jan 21, 2005

  2. william kossack

    Ranjit Guest

    william kossack wrote:
    > I have been getting nntp errors with mozilla
    >
    > I am being repeatedly asked for the user and password while reading news
    > groups even though I am set up to remember my account information
    >
    > Sometimes I'm asked for the information several times in a row even
    > though I check the box to remember my user id etc
    >
    > any help here would be appreciated

    Edit -> Preferences -> Privacy & Security -> password
    Try to clear the saved password for the nntp server (under "manage
    stored passwords") and see if u still get the error.
    Ranjit, Jan 21, 2005

  3. william kossack wrote:
    > I have been getting nntp errors with mozilla
    >
    > I am being repeatedly asked for the user and password while reading news
    > groups even though I am set up to remember my account information
    >
    > Sometimes I'm asked for the information several times in a row even
    > though I check the box to remember my user id etc
    >
    > any help here would be appreciated

    First step. go into Password Manager, and delete all references to the
    account. Log into the account again, input your password, and see if it
    sticks this time.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Jan 21, 2005
  4. william kossack

    Moz Champion Guest

    william kossack wrote:

    > I have been getting nntp errors with mozilla
    >
    > I am being repeatedly asked for the user and password while reading news
    > groups even though I am set up to remember my account information
    >
    > Sometimes I'm asked for the information several times in a row even
    > though I check the box to remember my user id etc
    >
    > any help here would be appreciated

    May I suggest an upgrade is in order <g>

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org
    Moz Champion, Jan 21, 2005