Mozilla MAPI32.DLL conflict with Norton Internet Security 2005

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by tom.tulinsky@gmail.com, Jun 28, 2005.

  1. Guest

    I was getting error popups at login saying

    CCAPP.EXE: "The ordinal 129 could not be located in the dynamic link
    library MAPI32.dll"
    and same for "ordinal 21"

    CCAPP is part of Norton Internet Security.

    Mozilla installs a MAPI32.DLL in Windows\System32. I replaced it (it
    was version 1.5.20030.17168) with the old version from another Win XP
    PC that did not have Mozilla (version 1.0.2536.0) and the problem has
    gone away. Warning: this may break Mozilla email. Mozilla email still
    works for me however.

    I also sometimes got messages that CCAPP.EXE had crashed during logon,
    and once got a message "Symantec User Session failed. If you were in
    the middle of something your data may have been lost." After that email
    did not work till I restarted Norton.

    I tried reinstalling the Norton Internet Security but that did not
    help.

    Thanks to http://Techguy.com for pointing me to the solution.

    Using Symantec Internet Security 2005, Mozilla 1.7.5 (for email),
    Firefox 1.0.4, Windows XP SP 2. Also had earlier Mozillas 1.3, 1.5b.
    , Jun 28, 2005