    time as the browser - it's not what I'm after. I've looked in about:config
    and can't see any that automatically collects email. Any ideas?

    thanks

    Billg, Aug 13, 2004

  2. Billg

    Moz Champion Guest

    Billg wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am sure I read somewhere you could configure Mozilla mail to collect email
    > when the browser loads. At the moment it only collects when the mail window
    > is opened for the first time. Yeah, I know I can open the mail at the same
    > time as the browser - it's not what I'm after. I've looked in about:config
    > and can't see any that automatically collects email. Any ideas?
    >
    > thanks

    Edit-->Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings

    <account name>-->Server Settings (each account is set independently)
    X Check for new messages at Startup

    It USED to be in the Preferences, but when the ability to have each
    account have its own unique settings, it was moved to the Mail &
    Newsgroup Account Settings. This provides you with the ability to have
    some (or all) check at startup, or not, and also provides you with a
    means of setting the time period for each account as well. You may wish
    to check an active account every 5 or 10 minutes for example, and a
    seldom used account say on a 30 minute basis or more.

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

    Moz Champion, Aug 26, 2004