    balado Guest

    How can I install mozilla icon on the tray?
    Thanks.
    balado, Feb 21, 2005

  2. balado

    Gregg Guest

    balado wrote:
    > How can I install mozilla icon on the tray?
    > Thanks.

    If you are talking about the quick launch toolbar you can just drag the
    desktop icon down and it will set in the tray in the quick launch toolbar.

    Gregg
    Gregg, Feb 21, 2005

  3. balado

    balado Guest

    I did that , (not work) I meant to send the mozilla icon to the
    taskbar(tray), all the way down, next to the clock,and the other icons.
    balado, Feb 21, 2005
  4. balado wrote:
    > I did that , (not work) I meant to send the mozilla icon to the
    > taskbar(tray), all the way down, next to the clock,and the other icons.

    You need to enable Quick Launch:

    Edit>>Preferences>>Advanced

    Check the box for Keep Mozilla in memory when not it use, allowing it to
    start up faster.

    I've never found it that useful Moz starts up fast enough for me as is,
    but it does place an icon in the Systray for you.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Feb 21, 2005
  5. balado wrote:
    > How can I install mozilla icon on the tray?
    > Thanks.

    Just drag the existing icon on to the tray,thats what I did.

    --
    So long and thanks for all the fish.
    graeme@invalid, Feb 21, 2005
  6. graeme@invalid wrote:
    > balado wrote:
    >
    >> How can I install mozilla icon on the tray?
    >> Thanks.
    >>

    > Just drag the existing icon on to the tray,thats what I did.

    He wants it in the Systray, not the Quick Launch Bar.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Feb 21, 2005
  7. balado

    Charles Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > balado wrote:
    >
    >> I did that , (not work) I meant to send the mozilla icon to the
    >> taskbar(tray), all the way down, next to the clock,and the other icons.
    >>

    > You need to enable Quick Launch:
    >
    > Edit>>Preferences>>Advanced
    >
    > Check the box for Keep Mozilla in memory when not it use, allowing it to
    > start up faster.
    >
    > I've never found it that useful Moz starts up fast enough for me as is,
    > but it does place an icon in the Systray for you.
    >
    > Lee

    There's an Extension called "Minimize to tray" that works great for both
    FF and TB. TB even gives you the "new mail" indication while down there.

    http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=640
    Charles, Feb 22, 2005
  8. Charles wrote:

    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >
    >> balado wrote:
    >>
    >>> I did that , (not work) I meant to send the mozilla icon to the
    >>> taskbar(tray), all the way down, next to the clock,and the other icons.
    >>>

    >> You need to enable Quick Launch:
    >>
    >> Edit>>Preferences>>Advanced
    >>
    >> Check the box for Keep Mozilla in memory when not it use, allowing it
    >> to start up faster.
    >>
    >> I've never found it that useful Moz starts up fast enough for me as
    >> is, but it does place an icon in the Systray for you.
    >>
    >> Lee

    > There's an Extension called "Minimize to tray" that works great for both
    > FF and TB. TB even gives you the "new mail" indication while down there.
    >
    > http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=640

    Well the OP keeps saying "Mozilla", leading me to think of the Mozilla
    Suite, but there are a lot of people who don't seem to realize that
    there is more to Mozilla then just Firefox. I guess we will have to
    wait for th OP to come back and clarify.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Feb 22, 2005
  9. balado

    balado Guest

    I got that, but it is not there on startup
    balado, Feb 22, 2005
  10. balado

    balado Guest

    My browser is Mozilla Firefox.
    balado, Feb 22, 2005
  11. balado

    balado Guest

    Yes on the SystemTray, so I can startup from there.
    Thanks.
    balado, Feb 22, 2005
  12. balado wrote:
    > My browser is Mozilla Firefox.

    Firefox has no QuickLaunch option, unlike the Mozilla suite. The
    Minimize to Tray extension is the only way to get an icon in the Systray.

    Note, though that this will mean Firefox is fully loaded and running,
    all the time, as long as you see this icon. This may not be desirable.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Feb 22, 2005
  13. balado wrote:
    > Yes on the SystemTray, so I can startup from there.
    > Thanks.

    Se my other response. The Minimize to Tray extension does put an icon
    on the systray, but it will only appear as long as FF is fully loaded
    and running. If you don't want to have FF running all the time, this may
    not be desirable.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Feb 22, 2005
  14. balado

    balado Guest

    I must have something worng because it only appears when I minimize FF.
    balado, Feb 22, 2005
  15. balado wrote:
    > I must have something worng because it only appears when I minimize FF.

    Please quote at least some relevant text, so that we know what you are
    talking about.

    Can you outline what you have done? Have you installed the Minize to
    Tray extension?

    If so, this is exactly the expected behavior. As I said in two previous
    you close the program, the icon disappears.

    This is the nature of the Systray. Icons there represent programs that
    are running in the background. Close the program and the eicon goes
    away. There is no way to place an icon there for a program that isn't
    running.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Feb 22, 2005
  16. balado

    balado Guest

    Yes I have installed Minimize to a tray, I guess I have to live with
    that.
    I have 2 more icons on the tray,their programs are no runnig, and they
    don't disappear.
    for exemple,I have the icon for Windows Media, and it is not running,
    but the icon is there.
    balado, Feb 22, 2005
  17. balado wrote:
    > Yes I have installed Minimize to a tray, I guess I have to live with
    > that.
    > I have 2 more icons on the tray,their programs are no runnig, and they
    > don't disappear.
    > for exemple,I have the icon for Windows Media, and it is not running,
    > but the icon is there.

    You have a WMP icon in the Systray? Are you sure it isn't in the
    Quicklaunch bar, which begins over at the left, near the Start menu button?

    Also, are you certain it isn't running? CTRL+ALT+DEL and see if the
    process is running. Kill it and see if you still have the icon.

    I'm curious as to the other icon as well.

    One thing you never got around to telling us, what OS are you running,
    that could enter into it as well.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Feb 22, 2005
  18. balado

    balado Guest

    Im using WidowsXP.
    The location of the bluebar(tray),or Quicklaunch bar, Taskbar? is all
    the way down, from the Star menu to the other end, where I have the
    litle icons.
    I checked the Tasck Manager and Windows Media Player is not running
    ,and the icon is there.
    balado, Feb 22, 2005
  19. balado

    Charles Guest

    balado wrote:
    > Im using WidowsXP.
    > The location of the bluebar(tray),or Quicklaunch bar, Taskbar? is all
    > the way down, from the Star menu to the other end, where I have the
    > litle icons.
    > I checked the Tasck Manager and Windows Media Player is not running
    > ,and the icon is there.

    Programs do not run from the quicklaunch bar (on the left). That is just
    a convenient point to click on them and launch them from.
    Programs run in the system tray (near the clock on the right). If you
    have "minimize to tray" installed, middle-click on the minimize (-) icon
    in the window (top right) and it should go into the system tray (bottom
    right). Now, although you can't see the window, it is still running.
    Charles, Feb 22, 2005
  20. balado

    balado Guest

    Ok , I got it all clear now, it works like you said.
    I appreciate your help, and for your time.
    Thanks a lot.
    balado, Feb 22, 2005