    secure.

    Believe it or not there are some people still saying that Fire fox is a
    better browser because it is more secure, What a joke
    Mosley Jones III, Sep 19, 2006

  2. Mosley Jones III wrote:
    > Mozilla has hired Window Synder (Yes that is here real name) to help with
    > the avalanche of security flaws exposed in firefox.
    > Window Synder worked on the security team for Internet Explorer and mozilla
    > have hired her in the hope that they could learn how Microsoft keeps IE
    > secure.
    >
    > Believe it or not there are some people still saying that Fire fox is a
    > better browser because it is more secure, What a joke

    So? a person good in the field has joined Mozilla, whats wrong with that?

    What avalanche of security flaws exposed in Firefox are you speaking of?
    Mozilla Champion (Dan), Sep 19, 2006

  3. Mosley Jones III

    gwtc Guest

    Mosley Jones III wrote:
    > Mozilla has hired Window Synder (Yes that is here real name) to help with
    > the avalanche of security flaws exposed in firefox.
    > Window Synder worked on the security team for Internet Explorer and mozilla
    > have hired her in the hope that they could learn how Microsoft keeps IE
    > secure.
    >
    > Believe it or not there are some people still saying that Fire fox is a
    > better browser because it is more secure, What a joke

    How about quoting where you got that.

    --
    There's this fella with a parrot. And this parrot swears like an old
    salt, I mean he's a pistol. He can swear for five minutes straight
    without repeating himself. Trouble is, the guy who owns him is a
    quiet, conservative type, and the bird's foul mouth is driving him
    nuts. One day, it just gets to be too much and the guy grabs the bird
    by the throat, shakes him really hard, and yells, "QUIT IT!" But this
    just makes the bird mad and he swears more than ever. Then the guy
    gets angry and says, "OK for you," and locks the bird in a kitchen
    cabinet. This really aggravates the bird and he claws and scratches,
    and when the guy finally lets him out, the bird cuts loose with a
    stream of vulgarities that would make a sailor blush. At that point,
    the guy is so mad that he throws the bird into the freezer. For the
    first few seconds there is a terrible din. The bird kicks and claws
    and thrashes. Then it suddenly gets very quiet. At first the guy just
    waits, but then he starts to think that the bird may be hurt. After a
    couple of minutes of silence, he's so worried that he opens up the
    freezer door. The bird meekly climbs onto the man's outstretched arm
    and says, "Awfully sorry about the trouble I gave you. I'll do my best
    to improve my vocabulary from now on." The man is astounded and amazed
    at the transformation that has come over the parrot. Then the parrot
    says, . . . to be continued
    gwtc, Sep 19, 2006
  4. Mumia W. (reading news), Sep 19, 2006
  5. Mosley Jones III wrote:
    > Mozilla has hired Window Synder (Yes that is here real name) to help with
    > the avalanche of security flaws exposed in firefox.
    > Window Synder worked on the security team for Internet Explorer and mozilla
    > have hired her in the hope that they could learn how Microsoft keeps IE
    > secure.
    >
    > Believe it or not there are some people still saying that Fire fox is a
    > better browser because it is more secure, What a joke

    Old news:

    She will be a real asset.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Sep 19, 2006
  6. "Leonidas Jones" <> wrote in message
    > Mosley Jones III wrote:
    >> Mozilla has hired Window Synder (Yes that is here real name) to help with
    >> the avalanche of security flaws exposed in firefox.
    >> Window Synder worked on the security team for Internet Explorer and
    >> mozilla have hired her in the hope that they could learn how Microsoft
    >> keeps IE secure.
    >>
    >> Believe it or not there are some people still saying that Fire fox is a
    >> better browser because it is more secure, What a joke

    > Old news:

    > She will be a real asset.

    Yes she will, because Microsoft knowledge in securing browsers is a asset
    that firefox needs

    Mosley Jones III, Sep 21, 2006
  7. Mosley Jones III

    gwtc Guest

    Mosley Jones III wrote:
    > "Leonidas Jones" <> wrote in message
    >> Mosley Jones III wrote:
    >>> Mozilla has hired Window Synder (Yes that is here real name) to help with
    >>> the avalanche of security flaws exposed in firefox.
    >>> Window Synder worked on the security team for Internet Explorer and
    >>> mozilla have hired her in the hope that they could learn how Microsoft
    >>> keeps IE secure.
    >>>
    >>> Believe it or not there are some people still saying that Fire fox is a
    >>> better browser because it is more secure, What a joke

    >> Old news:
    >>
    >> http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,2012804,00.asp
    >>
    >> She will be a real asset.

    > Yes she will, because Microsoft knowledge in securing browsers is a asset
    > that firefox needs
    >

    >> Lee

    "Microsofts knowledge in securing browers" -- is that supposed to be
    an oxymoron statement? That was a good laugh, thanks!

    --
    Linguistic Evolution continued . . . In the third year, publik
    akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage
    gwtc, Sep 21, 2006
  8. Mosley Jones III

    gwtc Guest

    gwtc wrote:
    > Mosley Jones III wrote:
    >> "Leonidas Jones" <> wrote in message

    >>> Old news:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,2012804,00.asp
    >>>
    >>> She will be a real asset.

    >> Yes she will, because Microsoft knowledge in securing browsers is a asset
    >> that firefox needs
    >>

    >>> Lee

    > "Microsofts knowledge in securing browers" -- is that supposed to be
    > an oxymoron statement? That was a good laugh, thanks!

    that should be browsers

    gwtc, Sep 21, 2006
  9. Mosley Jones III

    SteveG Guest

    Mosley Jones III wrote:
    > "Leonidas Jones" <> wrote in message
    >> Mosley Jones III wrote:
    >>> Mozilla has hired Window Synder (Yes that is here real name) to help with
    >>> the avalanche of security flaws exposed in firefox.
    >>> Window Synder worked on the security team for Internet Explorer and
    >>> mozilla have hired her in the hope that they could learn how Microsoft
    >>> keeps IE secure.
    >>>
    >>> Believe it or not there are some people still saying that Fire fox is a
    >>> better browser because it is more secure, What a joke

    >> Old news:
    >>
    >> http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,2012804,00.asp
    >>
    >> She will be a real asset.

    > Yes she will, because Microsoft knowledge in securing browsers is a asset
    > that firefox needs

    I'm trying to decide if you were being sarcastic here Mosley, or if you
    really meant that ....

    I hadn't realised that Microsoft had any expertise in securing browsers.
    If they do then they keep it well under wraps, don't they?

    Case in point: Symmantec issued another vulnerability warning for IE
    today - now that's what I call secure browsing :))

    Yes I know that no browser is completely secure and vulnerabilities are
    happening all the time.

    --
    Regards

    Steve G
    SteveG, Sep 21, 2006
  10. SteveG wrote:
    > Mosley Jones III wrote:
    >> "Leonidas Jones" <> wrote in message

    >>> Old news:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,2012804,00.asp
    >>>
    >>> She will be a real asset.

    >> Yes she will, because Microsoft knowledge in securing browsers is a
    >> asset that firefox needs
    >>

    > I'm trying to decide if you were being sarcastic here Mosley, or if you
    > really meant that ....
    >
    > I hadn't realised that Microsoft had any expertise in securing browsers.
    > If they do then they keep it well under wraps, don't they?
    >
    > Case in point: Symmantec issued another vulnerability warning for IE
    > today - now that's what I call secure browsing :))
    >
    > Yes I know that no browser is completely secure and vulnerabilities are
    > happening all the time.

    They have great expertise, look at how much practice they get! ;)

    In fairness, there is a big/small target thing going on. As Mozilla's
    market share has risen towards 15%, Moz has become a bigger target. Yet,
    routinely, Mozilla reacts more quickly to patch security problems than
    does Microsoft.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Sep 21, 2006
  11. Mosley Jones III

    Victor Guest

    "SteveG" <_@_._> wrote...
    :
    > Case in point: Symmantec issued another vulnerability warning for IE
    > today - now that's what I call secure browsing :))

    Symantec is in the business of selling security software. Business is good whenever
    someone exposes another vulnerability, regardless of how they define vulnerability.

    Vic
    Victor, Oct 8, 2006