Mozilla Firefox

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by John Wesley Hardin, Apr 8, 2005.

  1. I am going to reformat my pc .How do I save my bookmarks in Firefox ?
    T.I.A.
    John Wesley Hardin, Apr 8, 2005

  2. John Wesley Hardin

    Invisible Guest

    On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 15:24:50 +1200, John Wesley Hardin <>
    wrote:

    >I am going to reformat my pc .How do I save my bookmarks in Firefox ?
    >T.I.A.

    There's a bookmark.htm file in your FF\defaults\profile directory
    Invisible, Apr 8, 2005

  3. On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 15:24:50 +1200, John Wesley Hardin
    <> wrote in <news:d34ti4$h33$>:

    > I am going to reformat my pc .How do I save my bookmarks in Firefox ?
    > T.I.A.

    Rinjanisoft EZ FireFox Backup 1.22 (32 bit Windows Application)

    EZ FireFox Backup makes it easy to backup your
    bookmarks and cookies to a ZIP archive and
    works with the Windows Task Scheduler to provide
    an automated backup solution.

    --
    Regards,
    Nicolaas.

    2005 Pricelessware CD now available.
    Pricelessware - the best of the best in freeware, as determined by the
    readers of alt.comp.freeware.
    E-Mail me for details: - mention CD in subject.

    .... Knowledge is good; it is better if we can use it to do good.
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Apr 8, 2005
  4. John Wesley Hardin

    Brendon Guest

    Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
    > On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 15:24:50 +1200, John Wesley Hardin
    > <> wrote in <news:d34ti4$h33$>:
    >

    >>I am going to reformat my pc .How do I save my bookmarks in Firefox ?
    >>T.I.A.

    > Rinjanisoft EZ FireFox Backup 1.22 (32 bit Windows Application)
    >
    > EZ FireFox Backup makes it easy to backup your
    > bookmarks and cookies to a ZIP archive and
    > works with the Windows Task Scheduler to provide
    > an automated backup solution.

    anything wrong with Bookmarks - Manage Bookmarks - File - Export Bookmarks?

    works for me.
    Brendon, Apr 8, 2005
  5. On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 06:28:30 GMT, Brendon <> wrote in

    > Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
    >> On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 15:24:50 +1200, John Wesley Hardin
    >> <> wrote in <news:d34ti4$h33$>:
    >>
    >>>I am going to reformat my pc .How do I save my bookmarks in Firefox ?
    >>>T.I.A.

    >> Rinjanisoft EZ FireFox Backup 1.22 (32 bit Windows Application)
    >>
    >> EZ FireFox Backup makes it easy to backup your
    >> bookmarks and cookies to a ZIP archive and
    >> works with the Windows Task Scheduler to provide
    >> an automated backup solution.
    >>

    > anything wrong with Bookmarks - Manage Bookmarks - File - Export Bookmarks?

    I don't think I said there was anything wrong with anything. A question
    was asked, and I provided an answer. I did not suggest that it was
    either the ONLY answer or necessarily the BEST answer. Your problem with
    that is.........?

    > Works for me.

    Well, BULLY for you! Probably works for everyone else, too. So?

    --
    Nicolaas
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Apr 8, 2005
  6. John Wesley Hardin

    Gordon Guest

    On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 18:46:05 +1200, Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:

    > Well, BULLY for you! Probably works for everyone else, too. So?

    Get over it.
    Gordon, Apr 8, 2005
  7. On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 21:28:05 +1200, Gordon <> wrote in

    > On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 18:46:05 +1200, Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
    >
    >> Well, BULLY for you! Probably works for everyone else, too. So?

    > Get over it.

    I was 'way over it and riding sedately into the sunset before you even
    thought to "reply". You, however, appear to still be under it ... or
    under something.

    --
    Nicolaas
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Apr 8, 2005
  8. John Wesley Hardin

    Brendon Guest

    Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:

    > I was 'way over it and riding sedately into the sunset before you even
    > thought to "reply". You, however, appear to still be under it ... or
    > under something.

    Uh huh - someone wants a way of doing something - you provided your
    solution. Convoluted as it was - it will work for him/her. Well done.

    I hate to see the solution you would provide had he wanted to do
    somthing a little more difficult. Would he have to google to find the
    URL - download and install the software, (possibly installing stuff he
    doesn't know what it even does to his computer) and then try and find
    the results of his efforts?

    Still - you did provide a solution - no one can deny you that.
    Brendon, Apr 8, 2005
  9. On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 15:03:38 GMT, Brendon <> wrote in

    > Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
    >

    >> I was 'way over it and riding sedately into the sunset before you even
    >> thought to "reply". You, however, appear to still be under it ... or
    >> under something.
    >>

    > Uh huh - someone wants a way of doing something - you provided your
    > solution. Convoluted as it was - it will work for him/her. Well done.
    >
    > I hate to see the solution you would provide had he wanted to do
    > somthing a little more difficult.

    Don't worry your head about that, you'd not be likely to see it.

    > Would he have to google to find the URL - download and install the
    > software, (possibly installing stuff he doesn't know what it even does
    > to his computer) and then try and find the results of his efforts?

    By the time someone gets to the stage of doing what he is intending, I
    believe it is reasonable to conclude that the OP has a reasonable idea of
    what (s)he is doing, and does not need the condescending,
    cotton-wool-wrapped, bottle-fed approach that you seem to think is
    appropriate.

    > Still - you did provide a solution - no one can deny you that.

    Much and all as it seems you would like to.

    Thank you ... I think ...

    --
    Nicolaas
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Apr 8, 2005
  10. John Wesley Hardin

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 15:32:20 +1200, in message
    <>, Invisible wrote:

    > On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 15:24:50 +1200, John Wesley Hardin <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >I am going to reformat my pc .How do I save my bookmarks in Firefox ?
    > >T.I.A.

    > There's a bookmark.htm file in your FF\defaults\profile directory

    In case you mean the file
    "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\profile\bookmarks.html",
    that file contains the default bookmarks for new profiles.
    Unfortunately it won't have any of the bookmarks which the OP has added.

    I'd recommend Brendon's answer for simplicity. But FWIW the "bookmarks.html"
    file which the OP wants is in the directory given here in the Firefox FAQ
    http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit#profile
    Ralph Fox, Apr 8, 2005
  11. John Wesley Hardin

    Invisible Guest

    On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 20:43:51 +0000, Ralph Fox
    <-echo.invalid> wrote:

    >On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 15:32:20 +1200, in message
    ><>, Invisible wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 15:24:50 +1200, John Wesley Hardin <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >I am going to reformat my pc .How do I save my bookmarks in Firefox ?
    >> >T.I.A.

    >> There's a bookmark.htm file in your FF\defaults\profile directory

    >In case you mean the file
    >"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\profile\bookmarks.html",
    >that file contains the default bookmarks for new profiles.
    >Unfortunately it won't have any of the bookmarks which the OP has added.

    Oops, try here ;-)

    \Documents and Settings\<user>\Application
    Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<lccx9fgn>.default

    >I'd recommend Brendon's answer for simplicity. But FWIW the "bookmarks.html"
    >file which the OP wants is in the directory given here in the Firefox FAQ
    >http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit#profile

    Yup.

    There's always MozBackup as well, which backs up & restores saved passwords,
    etc.
    Invisible, Apr 8, 2005