Mozilla Firefox

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by V W Wall, Mar 1, 2004.

  1. V W Wall

    V W Wall Guest

    At the urging of Demon and others, I just d/l'd Firefox. It installed
    easily, alongside the seven other browsers I've accumulated over time.
    In the few minutes I've looked, it seems like a very good browser.

    A couple of questions:

    1) I moved the icon, (orange globe-blue ocean), to my main tool-bar from
    the start bar with no problem. When I minimize Firefox, it appears as
    the standard Windows Flag icon. All the others retain their distinctive
    icons when menimized. No big deal, but strange. Any body know a fix?

    2) Any suggestions for an e-mail and news reader program? I've been
    using the ones in Netscape 4.8, just from habit. I have X-news, but
    it seems overly complex.

    Virg Wall
    --

    Any sufficiently advanced technology
    is indistinguishable from magic.

    Arthur C. Clarke's Third Law

    V W Wall, Mar 1, 2004

  2. V W Wall

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    V W Wall <> wrote in news:4043A046.80162E65
    @DEADearthlink.net:

    > 1) I moved the icon, (orange globe-blue ocean), to my main tool-bar from
    > the start bar with no problem. When I minimize Firefox, it appears as
    > the standard Windows Flag icon. All the others retain their distinctive
    > icons when menimized. No big deal, but strange. Any body know a fix?

    I really have no idea. What OS is this under? I use it on Windows 2000
    Pro, Server, and NT4 and don't see this happen under any of them.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

    DeMoN LaG, Mar 2, 2004