    instead of Firefox (even though Firefox has been set as the default
    browswer). Is there anyway to fix this so Firefox will open? I'm stumped!

    Thanks.
    Seeking/Providing Assistance, Mar 9, 2005

  2. Seeking/Providing Assistance

    Guest

    On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 18:09:22 -0500, "Seeking/Providing Assistance"
    <> wrote:

    |> I am having a SLIGHT issue with Firefox. I have set it to be my default web
    |> browser. I use Yahoo Mail (via the web, NOT via POP3) and when I downloaded
    |> Yahoo Messenger I also chose to download "Yahoo Mail" a tiny program that
    |> tells my computer that Yahoo Mail is MY E-Mail program and it gives you a
    |> little Yahoo Mail icon. You click on the icon and it opens up the Yahoo
    |> Mail sign in page with your user name and password. OK before I downloaded
    |> Firefox when I would click on that icon it would obviously open up the mail
    |> sign in page with IE because that was the only browser I had at the time.
    |> As I said, I now have Firefox installed and have set it as my default
    |> browswer. Now when I click on the Yahoo Mail icon it keeps launching IE
    |> instead of Firefox (even though Firefox has been set as the default
    |> browswer). Is there anyway to fix this so Firefox will open? I'm stumped!

    Control Panel > Internet options > programs

    --
    , Mar 9, 2005

  3. Seeking/Providing Assistance

    burris Guest

    Seeking/Providing Assistance wrote:
    > I am having a SLIGHT issue with Firefox. I have set it to be my default web
    > browser. I use Yahoo Mail (via the web, NOT via POP3) and when I downloaded
    > Yahoo Messenger I also chose to download "Yahoo Mail" a tiny program that
    > tells my computer that Yahoo Mail is MY E-Mail program and it gives you a
    > little Yahoo Mail icon. You click on the icon and it opens up the Yahoo
    > Mail sign in page with your user name and password. OK before I downloaded
    > Firefox when I would click on that icon it would obviously open up the mail
    > sign in page with IE because that was the only browser I had at the time.
    > As I said, I now have Firefox installed and have set it as my default
    > browswer. Now when I click on the Yahoo Mail icon it keeps launching IE
    > instead of Firefox (even though Firefox has been set as the default
    > browswer). Is there anyway to fix this so Firefox will open? I'm stumped!
    >
    > Thanks.

    I just went through this same battle and finally won.

    Try this....

    ctr panel\add remove\ then on the left side you will see "set program
    access and defaults."
    highlite firefox on the right and click on the left side as explained
    above. You will be given a choice...after you chose, you will see a
    couple of arrows which opens the corresponding window. The rest of the
    choices should be obvious.

    Good luck....

    burris
    burris, Mar 9, 2005
  4. Already did that. my mail is set to Yahoo Mail but that still has nothing
    to do with IE opening up instead of Firefox. IE is NOT the default web
    browswer.

    Seeking/Providing Assistance, Mar 9, 2005
  5. Which catagory do I want? It seems you can only modify the "custom"
    catagory. I tried doing this lastnight and it still would not do anything.

    Seeking/Providing Assistance, Mar 10, 2005
  6. Seeking/Providing Assistance

    trout Guest

    Seeking/Providing Assistance wrote:

    > I am having a SLIGHT issue with Firefox. I have set it to be my
    > default web browser. I use Yahoo Mail (via the web, NOT via POP3)
    > and when I downloaded Yahoo Messenger I also chose to download "Yahoo
    > Mail" a tiny program that tells my computer that Yahoo Mail is MY
    > E-Mail program and it gives you a little Yahoo Mail icon. You click
    > on the icon and it opens up the Yahoo Mail sign in page with your
    > user name and password. OK before I downloaded Firefox when I would
    > click on that icon it would obviously open up the mail sign in page
    > with IE because that was the only browser I had at the time. As I
    > said, I now have Firefox installed and have set it as my default
    > browswer. Now when I click on the Yahoo Mail icon it keeps launching
    > IE instead of Firefox (even though Firefox has been set as the
    > default browswer). Is there anyway to fix this so Firefox will open?
    > I'm stumped!
    >
    > Thanks.

    Why not just make your own shortcut?
    Open the Yahoo Mail sign-in page, and copy the address. Right-click the
    Desk-top; New; shortcut. Paste in the address; name it "Yahoo Mail", and
    you're done.
    --
    If you like, drag it to Start Menu or Quicklaunch.
    trout, Mar 10, 2005
  7. OMG I love you! LMAO, I never thought of that. THANK YOU!

    YAH, it worked!

    Seeking/Providing Assistance, Mar 10, 2005