Mozilla Firefox 2 is here, a day before official release.

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by rishil, Oct 23, 2006.

  1. rishil

    rishil Guest

    rishil, Oct 23, 2006

  2. rishil

    bassbag Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Mozilla Firefox 2 is here! It was just placed in the releases folder on
    > the FTP so it is time for you to check it out, with Internet Explorer 7
    > just being released late last week ...
    >
    > http://askwiki.blogspot.com/2006/10/mozilla-firefox-2-released.html
    >
    > njoy !!

    Im using 1.5.0.7 with no problems at present and have it set the way i
    like it.May i ask whether installing the 2 version will wipe my settings
    ,appearance etc ,whether by downloading through the link and installing
    it,or by using the firefox auto update when its available?.
    tia
    me
    bassbag, Oct 23, 2006

  3. bassbag wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >> Mozilla Firefox 2 is here! It was just placed in the releases folder on
    >> the FTP so it is time for you to check it out, with Internet Explorer 7
    >> just being released late last week ...
    >>
    >> http://askwiki.blogspot.com/2006/10/mozilla-firefox-2-released.html
    >>
    >> njoy !!
    >>

    > Im using 1.5.0.7 with no problems at present and have it set the way i
    > like it.May i ask whether installing the 2 version will wipe my settings
    > ,appearance etc ,whether by downloading through the link and installing
    > it,or by using the firefox auto update when its available?.
    > tia
    > me

    It depends on the set of extensions you have. Some will work, some
    won't, and you may need to look for updated versions.

    3rd party themes may also be affected. However things like toolbar
    customizations should stick.

    If I understand it correctly, there will be an update to FF 1.5.0.8
    later in the week. This version i supposed to have an enhanced update
    system that will allow the update to 2.0. 1.5.0.7 will not.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Oct 23, 2006
  4. rishil

    bassbag Guest

    In article <SN5%g.106203$>,
    says...
    > bassbag wrote:
    > > In article <>,
    > > says...
    > >> Mozilla Firefox 2 is here! It was just placed in the releases folder on
    > >> the FTP so it is time for you to check it out, with Internet Explorer 7
    > >> just being released late last week ...
    > >>
    > >> http://askwiki.blogspot.com/2006/10/mozilla-firefox-2-released.html
    > >>
    > >> njoy !!
    > >>

    > > Im using 1.5.0.7 with no problems at present and have it set the way i
    > > like it.May i ask whether installing the 2 version will wipe my settings
    > > ,appearance etc ,whether by downloading through the link and installing
    > > it,or by using the firefox auto update when its available?.
    > > tia
    > > me

    > It depends on the set of extensions you have. Some will work, some
    > won't, and you may need to look for updated versions.
    >
    > 3rd party themes may also be affected. However things like toolbar
    > customizations should stick.
    >
    > If I understand it correctly, there will be an update to FF 1.5.0.8
    > later in the week. This version i supposed to have an enhanced update
    > system that will allow the update to 2.0. 1.5.0.7 will not.
    >
    > Lee

    Thank you very much for reply.I,ll wait a few days or so for an auto
    update.
    Thanks again
    me
    bassbag, Oct 23, 2006
  5. rishil

    SteveG Guest

    rishil wrote:
    > Mozilla Firefox 2 is here! It was just placed in the releases folder on
    > the FTP so it is time for you to check it out, with Internet Explorer 7
    > just being released late last week ...
    >
    > http://askwiki.blogspot.com/2006/10/mozilla-firefox-2-released.html
    >
    > njoy !!

    Personally I'm not in that much of a hurry and will wait for the
    official web site to have the new version and download it from there.

    --
    Regards

    Steve G
    SteveG, Oct 23, 2006
  6. SteveG wrote:
    > rishil wrote:
    >> Mozilla Firefox 2 is here! It was just placed in the releases folder on
    >> the FTP so it is time for you to check it out, with Internet Explorer 7
    >> just being released late last week ...
    >>
    >> http://askwiki.blogspot.com/2006/10/mozilla-firefox-2-released.html
    >>
    >> njoy !!
    >>

    > Personally I'm not in that much of a hurry and will wait for the
    > official web site to have the new version and download it from there.

    It should be up there tomorrow.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Oct 23, 2006