    Subject: *Mozilla Firefox 1.0.4 Released*
    Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 23:11:10 -0400
    From: Chris Ilias <>
    Newsgroups: netscape.mozilla.firefox

    [Please note, if you plan on copying this message to a forum that is
    archived, /please/ remove my email address from the copy. Thanks]

    *Mozilla Firefox 1.0.4 Released*
    Firefox 1.0.4 fixes a recently found security vulnerability, which
    allowed attackers to run arbitrary code through JavaScript and the
    update system. It also contains a fix to DHTML errors encountered at
    some web sites.

    Downloads: <http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/all.html>
    If you get a "file not found" error, don't worry. It takes a while for
    each FTP mirror to update. See <http://www.mozilla.org/mirrors.html>

    Release Notes: <http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/releases/1.0.4.html>
    Mozilla Foundation Security Advisories:
    <http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/known-vulnerabilities.html#Firefox>

    --
    Chris Ilias - Mozilla Champion
    Mozilla Help <http://ilias.ca/mozilla/>

    Roland de Ruiter
    ___ ___
    /__/ w_/ /__/
    / \ /_/ / \

    Roland, May 12, 2005

  2. Roland

    Tom Betz Guest

    Just installed it, and every extension I had been using with 1.01 is
    working fine with 1.04. That's a relief!

    --
    George Bush's War of Choice on Iraq is a totally unnecessary war.
    Every life lost, every limb lost, every disfigurement, every

    Tom Betz, May 12, 2005

  3. Roland

    GK Guest

    Tom Betz wrote:
    > Just installed it, and every extension I had been using with 1.01 is
    > working fine with 1.04. That's a relief!

    Did you install right over top of 1.0.3, or did you uninstall and then
    install?

    Also, I don't write software. I've studied some languages, but that's
    the extent of my background at this point.

    What's the deal with the release numbers? Why 1.0.4? Why not 1.4?

    GK, May 12, 2005
  4. On Thu, 12 May 2005 21:03:24 GMT, GK wrote:

    > Tom Betz wrote:
    >> Just installed it, and every extension I had been using with 1.01 is
    >> working fine with 1.04. That's a relief!
    >>

    > Did you install right over top of 1.0.3, or did you uninstall and then
    > install?

    I installed right on top of it.

    > Also, I don't write software. I've studied some languages, but that's
    > the extent of my background at this point.
    >
    > What's the deal with the release numbers? Why 1.0.4? Why not 1.4?

    The first digit is the major release, second digit is the minor release and
    the third digit is the build number.
    --
    Up From Third Base To Huntington
    They Sang Another Victory Song...

    Paul J The Grump, May 12, 2005
  5. Roland

    Tom Betz Guest

    GK <> wrote in news:wwPge.1327$1A6.217
    @newssvr17.news.prodigy.com:

    > Tom Betz wrote:
    >> Just installed it, and every extension I had been using with 1.01 is
    >> working fine with 1.04. That's a relief!
    >>

    > Did you install right over top of 1.0.3, or did you uninstall and then
    > install?

    Uninstall, then install.

    Per the release notes.

    Tom Betz, May 13, 2005