    and responding.
    Any help appreciated.

    --

    The Dude, Jun 28, 2004

  2. The Dude

    The Dude Guest

    The Dude wrote:

    > IS there a reason why this app is opening two web pages when ever I
    > click on a link??
    > I uninstalled 0.8 to install 0.9 so I can't imagine 0.8 is still around
    > and responding.
    > Any help appreciated.

    Just testing this out it only seems to occur from NG pasted links,I
    tried a few web page links and they open only one page.
    ???

    http://www.timpricejazz.com/
    (test link)

    The Dude, Jun 28, 2004

  3. The Dude

    Ionizer Guest

    "The Dude" <> wrote in message
    > The Dude wrote:
    >
    > > IS there a reason why this app is opening two web pages when ever I
    > > click on a link??
    > > I uninstalled 0.8 to install 0.9 so I can't imagine 0.8 is still

    around
    > > and responding.
    > > Any help appreciated.

    > Just testing this out it only seems to occur from NG pasted links,I
    > tried a few web page links and they open only one page.
    > ???
    >
    > http://www.timpricejazz.com/
    > (test link)

    The official website of Tim Price- only one page/tab appeared when I
    pasted that link into Firefox 0.9 just now. I haven't set Firefox up to
    be my default browser yet, so I can't click on your link to test it that
    way.

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Jun 28, 2004
  4. The Dude

    The Dude Guest

    Ionizer wrote:

    > "The Dude" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>The Dude wrote:
    >>

    >>>IS there a reason why this app is opening two web pages when ever I
    >>>click on a link??
    >>>I uninstalled 0.8 to install 0.9 so I can't imagine 0.8 is still

    > around
    >
    >>>and responding.
    >>>Any help appreciated.

    >>Just testing this out it only seems to occur from NG pasted links,I
    >>tried a few web page links and they open only one page.
    >>???
    >>
    >>http://www.timpricejazz.com/
    >>(test link)

    > The official website of Tim Price- only one page/tab appeared when I
    > pasted that link into Firefox 0.9 just now. I haven't set Firefox up to
    > be my default browser yet, so I can't click on your link to test it that
    > way.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Ian.

    Thanks,it's stopped doing it now(???).
    The Tim Price page opened fine and some others that have led me to post
    this problem here are behaving normally.
    (tears remaining hair out!!).
    Installing the latest flash player is the only thing of note that's
    occured but iirc it WAS loading two pages after that.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/virtualreplay/euro2004/index.shtml?28065
    This page for eg.
    Thanks for your help.

    The Dude, Jun 28, 2004
  5. The Dude

    Ionizer Guest

    "The Dude" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks,it's stopped doing it now(???).
    > The Tim Price page opened fine and some others that have led me to post
    > this problem here are behaving normally.
    > (tears remaining hair out!!).
    > Installing the latest flash player is the only thing of note that's
    > occured but iirc it WAS loading two pages after that.
    > http://www.bbc.co.uk/virtualreplay/euro2004/index.shtml?28065
    > This page for eg.
    > Thanks for your help.

    I'm not sure that I'm really being much help, but you're quite welcome.
    I've got Shockwave version 8 installed (current version is apparently 10.)
    The BBC link, pasted into Firefox, opens fine.

    You may be on to something with the Shockwave connection, though. Half
    way down this page
    http://mozillanews.org/?article_date=2004-02-09 01-56-09 someone is
    inquiring about possible Shockwave incompatibility with Mozilla. A Google
    search with the words: shockwave firefox incompatibility yeilded 15
    results.

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Jun 28, 2004