  1. Kerodo

    Kerodo Guest

    Is Mozilla Firebird a more secure browser than IE?
    Kerodo, Nov 27, 2003

  2. Kerodo

    Harri Mellin Guest

    In article <>,
    Kerodo <> wrote:

    > Is Mozilla Firebird a more secure browser than IE?

    Yes

    Swedish Webcams http://zap.to/webcams
    Harri Mellin, Nov 27, 2003

  3. Kerodo wrote:

    > Is Mozilla Firebird a more secure browser than IE?

    Of course it is. Uses JavaScript instead of unsecure "Active Scripting"
    (Active Scripting = JScript + VBScript), doesn't have Active X enabled,
    supports PopUp blocking, etc.

    HTH, Markus
    Markus Klaffke, Nov 27, 2003
  4. Kerodo

    John Guest

    On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 17:12:30 -0800, Kerodo wrote:

    > Is Mozilla Firebird a more secure browser than IE?

    It is too new to be certain but since it is built on Mozilla the odds are
    very good that, ah hell! EVERY browser is more secure than IE!
    --
    ___________
    John Holmes
    John, Dec 2, 2003
  5. Kerodo

    Alan P Guest

    I installed Firebird because I wanted to see what it was like, and within an
    hour, set it as my default browser.

    Features like showing the values of hidden form fields are invaluable for
    web site debuggers.

    Alan P, Dec 6, 2003
  6. Kerodo

    John Guest

    On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 23:44:27 +0000, Alan P wrote:

    > I installed Firebird because I wanted to see what it was like, and within an
    > hour, set it as my default browser.
    >
    > Features like showing the values of hidden form fields are invaluable for
    > web site debuggers.
    >
    > "John" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 17:12:30 -0800, Kerodo wrote:
    >>
    >> > Is Mozilla Firebird a more secure browser than IE?

    >> It is too new to be certain but since it is built on Mozilla the odds are
    >> very good that, ah hell! EVERY browser is more secure than IE!
    >> --
    >> ___________
    >> John Holmes

    I deleted all my other browsers after using it for a few days also!
    --
    ___________
    John Holmes
    John, Dec 7, 2003
  7. Kerodo

    sponge Guest

    Markus Klaffke <> wrote in message news:<bq41ji$i1h$>...
    > Kerodo wrote:
    >
    > > Is Mozilla Firebird a more secure browser than IE?

    > Of course it is. Uses JavaScript instead of unsecure "Active Scripting"
    > (Active Scripting = JScript + VBScript), doesn't have Active X enabled,
    > supports PopUp blocking, etc.
    >

    > HTH, Markus

    One thing to be aware of is that there is an ActiveX module for
    Netscape that is supposed to work with Mozilla, and possibly other
    Moz-based browsers too. Fortunately, it's not widely used, but if you
    didn't do your own installation, somebody could have added this plugin
    without your knowledge.

    Sponge
    Sponge's Secure Solutions
    www.geocities.com/yosponge
    My new email: yosponge2 att yahoo dott com
    sponge, Dec 7, 2003