    browser. What will happen to access if I delete IE dya reckon?

    cheers
    Warwick
    Warwick, Oct 25, 2004

  2. Warwick

    Clarity Guest

    "Warwick" <> wrote in message
    news:v1d2sawquvob$...
    > Hi,
    > Kiwibank have a jpg type security feature on their login page. You have to
    > visually recognize a number/letter combo and type it into a box before
    > logiin.
    > Mozilla refuses to display this picture, if I right click the placeholder
    > and ask it to display the picture it sill refuses to do so.
    >
    > I have to fire up IE for banking.
    >
    > Anyone got any ideas on a work around for this?

    Works fine in Firefox.

    I'm not sure if this is the same in Mozilla, but check to make sure that you
    have not ticked "for the originating Web site only" (or equivalent) under
    the Load images section of settings - otherwise change the permissions.
    Clarity, Oct 25, 2004

  3. Warwick

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 12:34:03 +1300, in message
    <v1d2sawquvob$>, Warwick wrote:

    > Kiwibank have a jpg type security feature on their login page. You have to
    > visually recognize a number/letter combo and type it into a box before
    > logiin.
    > Mozilla refuses to display this picture, if I right click the placeholder
    > and ask it to display the picture it sill refuses to do so.

    WFM. The picture shows here in Mozilla 1.7.3.

    > I have to fire up IE for banking.
    >
    > Anyone got any ideas on a work around for this?

    Only if I knew how to make it _not_ work.

    1. Have you disabled the site's session cookie?
    2. Have you disabled referrer?
    Ralph Fox, Oct 25, 2004
  4. Warwick

    Gordon Guest

    On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 12:40:26 +1300, Clarity wrote:

    > "Warwick" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >> Kiwibank have a jpg type security feature on their login page. You have to
    >> visually recognize a number/letter combo and type it into a box before
    >> logiin.
    >> Mozilla refuses to display this picture, if I right click the placeholder
    >> and ask it to display the picture it sill refuses to do so.
    >>
    >> I have to fire up IE for banking.
    >>
    >> Anyone got any ideas on a work around for this?

    > Works fine in Firefox.

    Second that. 6sb7 was the number i saw ;-)
    Gordon, Oct 25, 2004
  5. Warwick wrote:
    > Anyone got any ideas on a work around for this?

    nope, but if it helps, it works fine for me, one of the only bank sites
    that seems to work completly properly.

    --
    Dave.net.nz
    reply addy is e
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 25, 2004
  6. Warwick

    Collector_NZ Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 25/10/2004 19:36:
    > Warwick wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone got any ideas on a work around for this?

    > nope, but if it helps, it works fine for me, one of the only bank sites
    > that seems to work completly properly.

    Go to trademe.co.nz and see if the auction thumb nails display or not

    --
    He was so narrow-minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.
    Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E | |
    Collector_NZ, Oct 25, 2004
  7. It seems like Mon, 25 Oct 2004 19:36:58 +1300 was when "Dave -
    Dave.net.nz" <> said Blah blah blah...

    >nope, but if it helps, it works fine for me, one of the only bank sites
    >that seems to work completly properly.

    I have no problem with www.westpac.co.nz and their secure banking.
    Certainly a lot better than my friend with TSB, their internet banking
    is shocking. You can't even add new people to pay online, you have to
    go to their bank to do it! Shocking.
    --
    Regards,
    Waylon Kenning.

    1st Year B.I.T. WelTec
    Waylon Kenning, Oct 25, 2004
  8. Collector_NZ wrote:
    >>> Anyone got any ideas on a work around for this?

    >> nope, but if it helps, it works fine for me, one of the only bank
    >> sites that seems to work completly properly.

    > Go to trademe.co.nz and see if the auction thumb nails display or not

    works for me.
    does it grab them from another domain? maybe it has been disabled from
    showing images from another server.

    --
    Dave.net.nz
    reply addy is e
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 25, 2004
  9. Warwick

    Collector_NZ Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 25/10/2004 20:27:

    >>> nope, but if it helps, it works fine for me, one of the only bank
    >>> sites that seems to work completly properly.

    >> Go to trademe.co.nz and see if the auction thumb nails display or not

    > works for me.
    > does it grab them from another domain? maybe it has been disabled from
    > showing images from another server.

    Thats what I hoped to determine, TM has a separate named image server
    and if the browser will only load for the originating site it wont
    display TM images.

    Collector_NZ, Oct 25, 2004
  10. Warwick

    Harry Guest

    Waylon Kenning wrote:

    > It seems like Mon, 25 Oct 2004 19:36:58 +1300 was when "Dave -
    > Dave.net.nz" <> said Blah blah blah...
    >
    >>nope, but if it helps, it works fine for me, one of the only bank sites
    >>that seems to work completly properly.

    > I have no problem with www.westpac.co.nz and their secure banking.
    > Certainly a lot better than my friend with TSB, their internet banking
    > is shocking. You can't even add new people to pay online, you have to
    > go to their bank to do it! Shocking.

    Westpac NZ internet banking is shocking compared to Westpac Australia's.
    Harry, Oct 25, 2004
  11. Warwick

    Warwick Guest

    On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 04:24:34 +0000, Ralph Fox wrote:

    > On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 12:34:03 +1300, in message
    > <v1d2sawquvob$>, Warwick wrote:
    >
    >> Kiwibank have a jpg type security feature on their login page. You have to
    >> visually recognize a number/letter combo and type it into a box before
    >> logiin.
    >> Mozilla refuses to display this picture, if I right click the placeholder
    >> and ask it to display the picture it sill refuses to do so.

    > WFM. The picture shows here in Mozilla 1.7.3.
    >

    >> I have to fire up IE for banking.
    >>
    >> Anyone got any ideas on a work around for this?

    > Only if I knew how to make it _not_ work.
    >
    > 1. Have you disabled the site's session cookie?
    > 2. Have you disabled referrer?

    Thanks Ralph. Disabling session cookies appears to be default behaviour,
    once allowed the picture became visible.
    Warwick, Oct 25, 2004
  12. It seems like Mon, 25 Oct 2004 21:40:12 +1300 was when Harry
    <> said Blah blah blah...

    >> I have no problem with www.westpac.co.nz and their secure banking.
    >> Certainly a lot better than my friend with TSB, their internet banking
    >> is shocking. You can't even add new people to pay online, you have to
    >> go to their bank to do it! Shocking.

    >Westpac NZ internet banking is shocking compared to Westpac Australia's.

    Really? How so? Your balance appears straight away, it's easy to add
    new people to pay, to pay them, and to sort out your banking. I have
    no complaints with their GUI.
    --
    Regards,
    Waylon Kenning.

    1st Year B.I.T. WelTec
    Waylon Kenning, Oct 25, 2004
  13. Warwick

    Harry Guest

    Waylon Kenning wrote:

    > It seems like Mon, 25 Oct 2004 21:40:12 +1300 was when Harry
    > <> said Blah blah blah...
    >
    >>> I have no problem with www.westpac.co.nz and their secure banking.
    >>> Certainly a lot better than my friend with TSB, their internet banking
    >>> is shocking. You can't even add new people to pay online, you have to
    >>> go to their bank to do it! Shocking.

    >>Westpac NZ internet banking is shocking compared to Westpac Australia's.

    > Really?

    Really.

    > How so?

    I suppose because they made it so.

    > Your balance appears straight away, it's easy to add
    > new people to pay, to pay them, and to sort out your banking. I have
    > no complaints with their GUI.

    The layout is confusing.
    You cannot do overseas transactions.
    There is no BPAY (which provides proper protection, whereas direct
    transfers to other peoples accounts doesn't).
    There is no menu - just a weird pull down list.
    There is no export facility (for Quicken etc).
    There is no list of pending transactions.
    You cannot easily modify pending transactions.
    You cannot generate a bank cheque.
    And so on, and so on.
    Harry, Oct 25, 2004
  14. It seems like Tue, 26 Oct 2004 00:34:30 +1300 was when Harry
    <> said Blah blah blah...

    >> Your balance appears straight away, it's easy to add
    >> new people to pay, to pay them, and to sort out your banking. I have
    >> no complaints with their GUI.

    >The layout is confusing.

    What is confusing about it?

    >You cannot do overseas transactions.

    I can't comment about this, I've never tried.

    >There is no BPAY (which provides proper protection, whereas direct
    >transfers to other peoples accounts doesn't).

    I don't know what BPAY is, so I can't comment about this either.

    >There is no menu - just a weird pull down list.

    There is a menu, on the left.

    >There is no export facility (for Quicken etc).

    On the 'weird pull down' list, select "Download transactions".

    >There is no list of pending transactions.

    I've not seen one.

    >You cannot easily modify pending transactions.

    No, however, they do give you a chance to make sure the transaction
    you want to make is correct, and warn you that once you press yes, it
    cannot be canceled.

    >You cannot generate a bank cheque.

    Probably not, but how many people generate bank cheques? And if these
    said people use cheques so much, why don't they have a cheque book? I
    mean, it doesn't cost you anything for a cheque book, and it's a lot
    cheaper than getting a bank cheque.

    >And so on, and so on.

    There's more? Such as?
    --
    Regards,
    Waylon Kenning.

    1st Year B.I.T. WelTec
    Waylon Kenning, Oct 25, 2004
  15. Warwick

    Harry Guest

    Waylon Kenning wrote:

    > It seems like Tue, 26 Oct 2004 00:34:30 +1300 was when Harry
    > <> said Blah blah blah...
    >
    >>> Your balance appears straight away, it's easy to add
    >>> new people to pay, to pay them, and to sort out your banking. I have
    >>> no complaints with their GUI.

    >>The layout is confusing.

    > What is confusing about it?

    The confusing bits.

    >>You cannot do overseas transactions.

    > I can't comment about this, I've never tried.

    Try it then.

    >>There is no BPAY (which provides proper protection, whereas direct
    >>transfers to other peoples accounts doesn't).

    > I don't know what BPAY is, so I can't comment about this either.

    I wouldn't bother finding out if I was you.

    >>There is no menu - just a weird pull down list.

    > There is a menu, on the left.

    It isn't a complete menu.
    You have to access the weird pulldown list for most functionality.

    >>There is no export facility (for Quicken etc).

    > On the 'weird pull down' list, select "Download transactions".
    >
    >>There is no list of pending transactions.

    > I've not seen one.

    That is because there isn't one.

    >>You cannot easily modify pending transactions.

    > No, however, they do give you a chance to make sure the transaction
    > you want to make is correct, and warn you that once you press yes, it
    > cannot be canceled.

    Well, other banks allow you to.
    And why shouldn't they.
    And wouldn't it be nice to see a list of outstanding and pending
    transactions.

    >>You cannot generate a bank cheque.

    > Probably not, but how many people generate bank cheques?

    Nobody, because you can't! LOL!

    *&%#@ you don't even know the significance of a bank check.

    > I mean, it doesn't cost you anything for a cheque book, and it's a lot
    > cheaper than getting a bank cheque.

    Cheapness isn't the criteria where a bank check is concerned.

    >>And so on, and so on.

    > There's more? Such as?

    Such as everything that you don't know about.
    Harry, Oct 26, 2004
  16. It seems like Tue, 26 Oct 2004 16:42:36 +1300 was when Harry
    <> said Blah blah blah...

    >>>There is no menu - just a weird pull down list.

    >> There is a menu, on the left.

    >It isn't a complete menu.
    >You have to access the weird pulldown list for most functionality.

    That's true, but you said there's no menu, when there clearly is. And
    it's not a weird menu, it's quite simple to use and saves space on the
    left side.

    >>>You cannot easily modify pending transactions.

    >> No, however, they do give you a chance to make sure the transaction
    >> you want to make is correct, and warn you that once you press yes, it
    >> cannot be canceled.

    >Well, other banks allow you to.
    >And why shouldn't they.
    >And wouldn't it be nice to see a list of outstanding and pending
    >transactions.

    That would be good.

    >> And if these
    >> said people use cheques so much, why don't they have a cheque book?

    >*&%#@ you don't even know the significance of a bank check.

    If you're talking about going into the bank, and getting them to write
    a cheque in your name, and paying $5, tell me, what is the
    significance of a bank cheque then? I've only ever known it for people
    who don't want a cheque book but need to pay by cheque, like what I
    used to do with bank cheques.

    >>>And so on, and so on.

    >> There's more? Such as?

    >Such as everything that you don't know about.

    Well obviously, if I asked. C'mon Harry, show a little intelligence.
    --
    Regards,
    Waylon Kenning.

    1st Year B.I.T. WelTec
    Waylon Kenning, Oct 26, 2004
  17. Warwick

    Harry Guest

    Waylon Kenning wrote:

    > It seems like Tue, 26 Oct 2004 16:42:36 +1300 was when Harry
    > <> said Blah blah blah...

    >>> There is a menu, on the left.

    >>It isn't a complete menu.
    >>You have to access the weird pulldown list for most functionality.

    > That's true, but you said there's no menu, when there clearly is. And
    > it's not a weird menu, it's quite simple to use and saves space on the
    > left side.

    >>> No, however, they do give you a chance to make sure the transaction
    >>> you want to make is correct, and warn you that once you press yes, it
    >>> cannot be canceled.

    >>Well, other banks allow you to.
    >>And why shouldn't they.
    >>And wouldn't it be nice to see a list of outstanding and pending
    >>transactions.

    > That would be good.
    >
    >>> And if these
    >>> said people use cheques so much, why don't they have a cheque book?

    >>*&%#@ you don't even know the significance of a bank check.

    > If you're talking about going into the bank, and getting them to write
    > a cheque in your name, and paying $5, tell me, what is the
    > significance of a bank cheque then? I've only ever known it for people
    > who don't want a cheque book but need to pay by cheque, like what I
    > used to do with bank cheques.

    You have obviously been leading a very sheltered life.

    If, for example, you buy a car privately for say, $45,000, then the
    seller will undoubtedly insist on a bank check.

    Do I really have to explain this?

    >>> There's more? Such as?

    >>Such as everything that you don't know about.

    > Well obviously, if I asked. C'mon Harry, show a little intelligence.

    LOL!
    Harry, Oct 26, 2004
  18. It seems like Tue, 26 Oct 2004 22:35:11 +1300 was when Harry
    <> said Blah blah blah...

    >You have obviously been leading a very sheltered life.

    When it comes to using bank cheques, yes.

    >If, for example, you buy a car privately for say, $45,000, then the
    >seller will undoubtedly insist on a bank check.
    >
    >Do I really have to explain this?

    No. When I sold and bought cars, I always used cash. Was nice to feel
    in the hand. But seriously now, how many people buy and sell things of
    such value to warrant using a bank cheque? And if so, what is the
    percentage of those people vs. total internet banking users? I doubt
    very much at all. Like 20% of Word, if it's a feature no one uses,
    what's the point in having it.

    Go to the bank to get a bank cheque if you want to sell your car.
    --
    Regards,
    Waylon Kenning.

    1st Year B.I.T. WelTec
    Waylon Kenning, Oct 26, 2004
  19. Warwick

    Harry Guest

    Waylon Kenning wrote:

    > It seems like Tue, 26 Oct 2004 22:35:11 +1300 was when Harry
    > <> said Blah blah blah...
    >
    >>You have obviously been leading a very sheltered life.

    > When it comes to using bank cheques, yes.
    >
    >>If, for example, you buy a car privately for say, $45,000, then the
    >>seller will undoubtedly insist on a bank check.
    >>
    >>Do I really have to explain this?

    > No. When I sold and bought cars, I always used cash. Was nice to feel
    > in the hand. But seriously now, how many people buy and sell things of
    > such value to warrant using a bank cheque? And if so, what is the
    > percentage of those people vs. total internet banking users? I doubt
    > very much at all. Like 20% of Word, if it's a feature no one uses,
    > what's the point in having it.

    What's the point of having people like yourself?
    Only 0.001% of the world wants your features.

    > Go to the bank to get a bank cheque if you want to sell your car.

    You are right. Sellers go to the bank to get a bank check to sell their car.
    And banks don't issue bank checks because nobody wants them.
    Harry, Oct 26, 2004
  20. It seems like Wed, 27 Oct 2004 10:20:58 +1300 was when Harry
    <> said Blah blah blah...

    >What's the point of having people like yourself?
    >Only 0.001% of the world wants your features.

    *sigh*

    Harry, I can't be bothered talking to you.

    Don't let the door hit you on your way out!

    *plonk*
    --
    Regards,
    Waylon Kenning.