    I am very happy with it. I took a quick look at Firefox and cannot see
    any advantage to switching. I am not concerned with the size of the suite.

    Any Comments?

    measekite, Jan 8, 2005

  2. measekite

    Moz Champion Guest

    measekite wrote:

    > Have been using the Mozilla suite for some time along with Sunbird
    > (Calendar) to give me the same functions as IE and Outlook but better.
    > I am very happy with it. I took a quick look at Firefox and cannot see
    > any advantage to switching. I am not concerned with the size of the suite.
    >
    > Any Comments?

    The idea is that you have a choice.

    You can choose (with Firefox) which Mail program you want to use, while
    the choice is made for you with the suite.

    Breaking the components out into separate applications also allows
    faster development across the breadth of the program. An enhancement or
    'bug fix' in one component doesnt come to grief because it breaks
    something in another component

    Firefox is attractive to quite a few users who wish to switch from IE,
    but dont want to switch email programs for example.

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

    Moz Champion, Jan 8, 2005

  3. measekite

    Justin Guest

    measekite wrote on [Sat, 08 Jan 2005 01:04:39 GMT]:
    > Have been using the Mozilla suite for some time along with Sunbird
    > (Calendar) to give me the same functions as IE and Outlook but better.
    > I am very happy with it. I took a quick look at Firefox and cannot see
    > any advantage to switching. I am not concerned with the size of the suite.
    >
    > Any Comments?

    One thing I miss from time to time from the suite is being able to email
    web pages, and not just links. Or even images from the web. The suite
    made this very easy.

    Justin, Jan 12, 2005