    Here is my question: While I am happy with the Mozilla Suite, what will
    I gain (and loose) if I switch to Firefox and Thunderbird. Also, what
    can I use to integrate calendaring.
    measekite, Jan 20, 2005

  2. measekite

    Moz Champion Guest

    measekite wrote:

    > Currently I am using Mozilla 1.75 suite. I am happy with the browser and
    > the email part works great. I am also using the beta plugin (Sunbird)
    > for Calendaring and now have the equivalent of Outlook 2000 which I no
    > longer use.
    >
    > Here is my question: While I am happy with the Mozilla Suite, what will
    > I gain (and loose) if I switch to Firefox and Thunderbird. Also, what
    > can I use to integrate calendaring.

    its a matter of choice... yours

    http://ilias.ca/MozillavsFirefox.html

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org
    Moz Champion, Jan 21, 2005

  3. measekite

    Himm Guest

    measekite wrote:
    > Currently I am using Mozilla 1.75 suite. I am happy with the browser and
    > the email part works great. I am also using the beta plugin (Sunbird)
    > for Calendaring and now have the equivalent of Outlook 2000 which I no
    > longer use.
    >
    > Here is my question: While I am happy with the Mozilla Suite, what will
    > I gain (and loose) if I switch to Firefox and Thunderbird. Also, what
    > can I use to integrate calendaring.

    I think the major focus going forward will be enhancing TB & FF so you
    may not get all the lastest advances staying with Suite.
    Himm, Jan 21, 2005
  4. Himm wrote:
    > measekite wrote:
    >
    >> Currently I am using Mozilla 1.75 suite. I am happy with the browser
    >> and the email part works great. I am also using the beta plugin
    >> (Sunbird) for Calendaring and now have the equivalent of Outlook 2000
    >> which I no longer use.
    >>
    >> Here is my question: While I am happy with the Mozilla Suite, what
    >> will I gain (and loose) if I switch to Firefox and Thunderbird. Also,
    >> what can I use to integrate calendaring.

    > I think the major focus going forward will be enhancing TB & FF so you
    > may not get all the lastest advances staying with Suite.

    Gecko development is all happening in the suite. Feature enhhancements
    are more focused to FF, though there a quite a few extension writers who
    are still focused on the suite.

    The suite will be around for a while yet, and as far as page rendering
    goes will be the same as Firefox.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Jan 21, 2005
  5. measekite

    Nobody Guest

    On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 17:34:40 GMT, Leonidas Jones <>
    wrote:

    >Himm wrote:
    >> measekite wrote:
    >>
    >>> Currently I am using Mozilla 1.75 suite. I am happy with the browser
    >>> and the email part works great. I am also using the beta plugin
    >>> (Sunbird) for Calendaring and now have the equivalent of Outlook 2000
    >>> which I no longer use.
    >>>
    >>> Here is my question: While I am happy with the Mozilla Suite, what
    >>> will I gain (and loose) if I switch to Firefox and Thunderbird. Also,
    >>> what can I use to integrate calendaring.

    >> I think the major focus going forward will be enhancing TB & FF so you
    >> may not get all the lastest advances staying with Suite.

    >Gecko development is all happening in the suite. Feature enhhancements
    >are more focused to FF, though there a quite a few extension writers who
    >are still focused on the suite.
    >
    >The suite will be around for a while yet, and as far as page rendering
    >goes will be the same as Firefox.
    >
    >Lee

    <grin> The suite had bettet be around for a while yet! I'm too old
    to learn anything else.
    Nobody, Jan 22, 2005