    Is it safe to delete?

    Thanks!

    NorCalIC

    NorCalIC, Jul 7, 2004

  2. NorCalIC

    Jim K Guest

    NorCalIC wrote:

    > if I've already cleaned it out. When I imported everything over from
    > Outlook I ended up with this folder tree that I can't see any use for.
    >
    > Is it safe to delete?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > NorCalIC

    Local Folders is a special account created for storing messages in
    certain cases. If you compose mail offline (and use the Send Later
    function), this is where the mail is stored. Some accounts, especially
    Newsgroup accounts, store sent messages under Local Folders > Sent.

    There is no official way to delete this account. I think there is some
    way of doing this, but it is not recommended.

    Mozilla Thunderbird version 0.8 will let you store all mail from all
    accounts in Local Folders. I'm not sure if this feature is coming to the
    Mozilla Application Suite.

    Jim K, Jul 7, 2004

  3. NorCalIC

    NorCalIC Guest

    Jim K wrote:
    > NorCalIC wrote:
    >
    >> if I've already cleaned it out. When I imported everything over from
    >> Outlook I ended up with this folder tree that I can't see any use for.
    >>
    >> Is it safe to delete?
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >>
    >> NorCalIC

    > Local Folders is a special account created for storing messages in
    > certain cases. If you compose mail offline (and use the Send Later
    > function), this is where the mail is stored. Some accounts, especially
    > Newsgroup accounts, store sent messages under Local Folders > Sent.
    >
    > There is no official way to delete this account. I think there is some
    > way of doing this, but it is not recommended.
    >
    > Mozilla Thunderbird version 0.8 will let you store all mail from all
    > accounts in Local Folders. I'm not sure if this feature is coming to the
    > Mozilla Application Suite.

    Cool! That's what I needed to know. Leave it alone, it stays.

    Thanks!

    NorCalIC

    NorCalIC, Jul 8, 2004