Mozilla 1.7 and the Java agreement at Startup

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Bob Shoring, Apr 4, 2006.

  1. Bob Shoring

    Bob Shoring Guest

    I recently installed Mozilla 1.7.12 on both my Windows XP and Windows 98
    SE machines.

    On the XP machine when I start Mozilla I get a window that pops up each
    time asking if I "agree" to run Java from Sun Microsystems. However
    that window does not appear when I startup Mozilla on the Win 98
    machine, yet I get java support just the same.

    Is there any way I can set "Java from Sun Micro" as a default and not
    have to agree to it every time I start it from Windows XP?

    Thanks,
    Bob

    Bob Shoring, Apr 4, 2006

  2. Bob Shoring

    gwtc Guest

    Bob Shoring wrote:
    > I recently installed Mozilla 1.7.12 on both my Windows XP and Windows 98
    > SE machines.
    >
    > On the XP machine when I start Mozilla I get a window that pops up each
    > time asking if I "agree" to run Java from Sun Microsystems. However
    > that window does not appear when I startup Mozilla on the Win 98
    > machine, yet I get java support just the same.
    >
    > Is there any way I can set "Java from Sun Micro" as a default and not
    > have to agree to it every time I start it from Windows XP?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bob

    if you don't get an answer here, then try the java forums:
    http://forum.java.sun.com/index.jspa

    gwtc, Apr 4, 2006