    has refreshed). I'd like to return to the page I'd been viewing and only
    manually refresh. I'v played around with the cache settings in Advanced, but
    nothing seems to help.

    Jeffrey K. Creighton, Sep 13, 2004

  2. Jeffrey K. Creighton wrote:

    > Benn using mozilla for a loong time and recently upgraded to 1.7.2. Need
    > with help with this behavior...
    >
    > When I go to a web page that has a list of links (like a news article
    > discussion page) and choose to read an article, then press 'Back' to go
    > return to the original list, the list has updated (in other words the page
    > has refreshed). I'd like to return to the page I'd been viewing and only
    > manually refresh. I'v played around with the cache settings in Advanced, but
    > nothing seems to help.

    Try opening the links in a Tab, this way you can return to the same page
    as you're viewing.

    Andreas

    Panjandrum -- http://www.bartleby.com/61/47/P0044700.html

    To contact me remove the NOSPAM

    Andreas, The Grande Panjandrum, Sep 13, 2004

  3. Jeffrey K. Creighton

    .BRIAN. Guest

    On 9/13/2004 10:01 AM Jeffrey K. Creighton wrote:

    > Benn using mozilla for a loong time and recently upgraded to 1.7.2. Need
    > with help with this behavior...
    >
    > When I go to a web page that has a list of links (like a news article
    > discussion page) and choose to read an article, then press 'Back' to go
    > return to the original list, the list has updated (in other words the page
    > has refreshed). I'd like to return to the page I'd been viewing and only
    > manually refresh. I'v played around with the cache settings in Advanced, but
    > nothing seems to help.

    I open them in new tabs, then close the new tab. You can "middle-click"
    the link if you have a scroll-wheel type mouse to open a new tab, then
    "middle-click" the tab when you want to close it.
    --
    Brian

    .BRIAN., Sep 13, 2004
  4. Jeffrey K. Creighton

    Moz Champion Guest

    ..BRIAN. wrote:

    > On 9/13/2004 10:01 AM Jeffrey K. Creighton wrote:
    >
    >> Benn using mozilla for a loong time and recently upgraded to 1.7.2. Need
    >> with help with this behavior...
    >>
    >> When I go to a web page that has a list of links (like a news article
    >> discussion page) and choose to read an article, then press 'Back' to go
    >> return to the original list, the list has updated (in other words the
    >> page
    >> has refreshed). I'd like to return to the page I'd been viewing and only
    >> manually refresh. I'v played around with the cache settings in
    >> Advanced, but
    >> nothing seems to help.

    > I open them in new tabs, then close the new tab. You can "middle-click"
    > the link if you have a scroll-wheel type mouse to open a new tab, then
    > "middle-click" the tab when you want to close it.

    Or, you can set the program to check links only once per session. In
    that way when it goes back to the page/site, it doesnt check with the
    server to see if anything has changed, it continues to use the page as
    stored in the cache.

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org