Mozilla 1.6

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Keith Bowes, Jan 16, 2004.

  1. Keith Bowes

    Keith Bowes Guest

    cc wrote:
    > So far I have been unable to get a spell checker in Mozilla, both in the
    > older version and the 1.6.
    > I went to Mozilla Cafe and downloaded the spellchecker and no luck.
    > I am using SUSE 9.0.
    > Does anyone have any suggestions that I might try.

    What build (official, SuSE custom, self-compiled, ...) are you using?
    In most cases, the spellchecker should work out of the box, as long as
    you enable it in your preferences (in Composition).

    cc, Jan 17, 2004

  3. Keith Bowes

    Charlie Guest

    Hi,
    I downloaded it from the Mozilla site. Is it better to download it from
    another site?
    Charlie

    Charlie, Jan 17, 2004
  4. cc wrote:

    > Hi;
    > So far I have been unable to get a spell checker in Mozilla, both in the
    > older version and the 1.6.
    > I went to Mozilla Cafe and downloaded the spellchecker and no luck.
    > I am using SUSE 9.0.
    > Does anyone have any suggestions that I might try.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Charlie

    The spellchecker was checked into the code quite a while back, so its
    built into 1.6, should be no need to download it, just enable it.

    Edit>>Preferences>>Mail and Newsgroups>>Composition

    Check the box for Check spelling before sending.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Jan 17, 2004
  5. Keith Bowes

    Tono Guest

    cc wrote:

    > Hi;
    > So far I have been unable to get a spell checker in Mozilla, both in the
    > older version and the 1.6.
    > I went to Mozilla Cafe and downloaded the spellchecker and no luck.
    > I am using SUSE 9.0.
    > Does anyone have any suggestions that I might try.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Charlie

    I have heard of others that needed to delete mozilla and do a clean
    install before the spell checker appeared.

    Tono
    Tono, Jan 17, 2004