    Winxp home, mozilla 1.5.

    Regards
    Dariusz Zwierzynski

    Dariusz Zwierzynski, Jan 3, 2004

  2. Dariusz Zwierzynski

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Dariusz Zwierzynski wrote:

    > Hello!
    > Today I am launching my computer and mozilla is performing like it is
    > freshly installed (asking for first email account, default webpage is
    > mozilla.org, etc). No inbox with old emails, filters, folders, accounts
    > - just clean. I have checked system dir (with all inbox, sent data etc),
    > all seems to be ok at first sight, I have copied it also into another
    > place for safety.
    > There is important business data in these emails, so I would really like
    > to take it back.
    > What could go wrong? How can I take it back?
    > Thanks for any help, I can provide any additional info if needed.
    > Winxp home, mozilla 1.5.
    >
    > Regards
    > Dariusz Zwierzynski

    Try creating a new profile. If it seems to be working consistently over
    a couple hours and several re-boots of the system, then you can migrate
    your saved emails into the new profile.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Jan 3, 2004

  3. Ed Mullen wrote:

    > Dariusz Zwierzynski wrote:
    >

    >>Hello!
    >>Today I am launching my computer and mozilla is performing like it is
    >>freshly installed (asking for first email account, default webpage is
    >>mozilla.org, etc). No inbox with old emails, filters, folders, accounts
    >>- just clean. I have checked system dir (with all inbox, sent data etc),
    >>all seems to be ok at first sight, I have copied it also into another
    >>place for safety.
    >>There is important business data in these emails, so I would really like
    >>to take it back.
    >>What could go wrong? How can I take it back?
    >>Thanks for any help, I can provide any additional info if needed.
    >>Winxp home, mozilla 1.5.
    >>
    >>Regards
    >>Dariusz Zwierzynski
    >>

    > Try creating a new profile. If it seems to be working consistently over
    > a couple hours and several re-boots of the system, then you can migrate
    > your saved emails into the new profile.

    Another thought, when you open Profile Manager in Mozilla, do you see
    the name of your old profile? If so try deleting the profile. Be
    careful as you do this to shoose Do NOT Delete Files. Then try creating
    a new profile, with the esact same name as the old one. If you are
    lucky, this may access all your old files and save yourself the
    aggravation of migrating everything.

    If it doesn't work, no harm done, and you can continue with Ed's suggestion.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 3, 2004
  4. Ed Mullen wrote:

    > Dariusz Zwierzynski wrote:
    >

    >>Hello!
    >>Today I am launching my computer and mozilla is performing like it is
    >>freshly installed (asking for first email account, default webpage is
    >>mozilla.org, etc). No inbox with old emails, filters, folders, accounts
    >>- just clean. I have checked system dir (with all inbox, sent data etc),
    >>all seems to be ok at first sight, I have copied it also into another
    >>place for safety.
    >>There is important business data in these emails, so I would really like
    >>to take it back.
    >>What could go wrong? How can I take it back?
    >>Thanks for any help, I can provide any additional info if needed.
    >>Winxp home, mozilla 1.5.
    >>
    >>Regards
    >>Dariusz Zwierzynski
    >>

    > Try creating a new profile. If it seems to be working consistently over
    > a couple hours and several re-boots of the system, then you can migrate
    > your saved emails into the new profile.

    Another thought, when you open Profile Manager in Mozilla, do you see
    the name of your old profile? If so try deleting the profile. Be
    careful as you do this to choose Do NOT Delete Files. Then try creating
    a new profile, with the exact same name as the old one. If you are

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 3, 2004