    Is there something that I have installed incorrect?
    Is there a configuration setting that have have missed?

    Thanks
    Disco, Nov 6, 2003

  2. Disco wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have been using Mozilla 1.4, and I have just installed Mozilla 1.5. I
    > installed it into a seperate directory (Windows 2000).
    >
    > This 1.5 version works fine, but now, when I try to execute the old 1.4
    > intallation, it is in fact running the 1.5 version.
    >
    > I would like to have both version available on the one amchine (and more
    > versions available as they become released).
    >
    > Is there something that I have installed incorrect?
    > Is there a configuration setting that have have missed?
    >
    > Thanks

    If you installed 1.5 with the SEA installer, it redid the shortcuts for
    you. Go to Program Files, and find your 1.4 installation. Clik on the
    Mozilla.exe you find there, it should start 1.4. Right Click>>Sent
    To>>Desktop, should create a destop shortcut for 1.4. Rename it so it s
    clear which version you are starting.

    If you are planning to run multiple Mozilla versions, it is recommended
    that you have a separate profile for each version.

    Lee

    --
    Leonidas Jones
    Mozilla Champion

    http://mozilla.org
    Leonidas Jones, Nov 6, 2003

  3. Disco

    Disco Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Disco wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I have been using Mozilla 1.4, and I have just installed Mozilla
    >> 1.5. I installed it into a seperate directory (Windows 2000).
    >>
    >> This 1.5 version works fine, but now, when I try to execute the old
    >> 1.4 intallation, it is in fact running the 1.5 version.
    >>
    >> I would like to have both version available on the one amchine (and
    >> more versions available as they become released).
    >>
    >> Is there something that I have installed incorrect?
    >> Is there a configuration setting that have have missed?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>

    > If you installed 1.5 with the SEA installer, it redid the shortcuts
    > for you. Go to Program Files, and find your 1.4 installation. Clik
    > on the Mozilla.exe you find there, it should start 1.4. Right
    > Click>>Sent To>>Desktop, should create a destop shortcut for 1.4.
    > Rename it so it s clear which version you are starting.
    >
    > If you are planning to run multiple Mozilla versions, it is
    > recommended that you have a separate profile for each version.
    >
    > Lee

    Thanks Lee, but when I double click on the mozilla.exe in the 1.4 directory,
    it runs 1.5.
    My install structure in...
    c:\programfiles\mozilla\mozilla\mozilla.exe (1.4
    c:\programfiles\mozilla\mozilla1.5\mozilla.exe (1.5)

    Both these executeables run 1.5.

    Thanks
    Disco, Nov 6, 2003
  4. Disco

    Disco Guest

    OK. Further to this....

    I think I found the 'issue'.
    If I have 1.5 already open, then when I open 1.4 it does not prompt me for
    the 'select profile', and it actully runs another instance of 1.5.

    And vice-versa for when I ipen 1.4 first.

    Is it possible to run both 1.4 and 1.5 at the same time?
    THanks
    Disco, Nov 6, 2003
  5. Disco

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Disco wrote:

    > OK. Further to this....
    >
    > I think I found the 'issue'.
    > If I have 1.5 already open, then when I open 1.4 it does not prompt me for
    > the 'select profile', and it actully runs another instance of 1.5.
    >
    > And vice-versa for when I ipen 1.4 first.
    >
    > Is it possible to run both 1.4 and 1.5 at the same time?
    > THanks

    Assuming you have separate profiles created for each, just create a
    shortcut for each version that includes the correct profile in the
    startup command. See:

    http://www.mozilla.org/docs/command-line-args.html
    http://www.edmullen.net/moz_commands.html

    --
    Ed Mullen - Mozilla Champion
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Nov 6, 2003
  6. Disco

    Disco Guest

    Ed Mullen wrote:
    > Disco wrote:
    >
    >> OK. Further to this....
    >>
    >> I think I found the 'issue'.
    >> If I have 1.5 already open, then when I open 1.4 it does not prompt
    >> me for the 'select profile', and it actully runs another instance of
    >> 1.5.
    >>
    >> And vice-versa for when I ipen 1.4 first.
    >>
    >> Is it possible to run both 1.4 and 1.5 at the same time?
    >> THanks
    >>

    > Assuming you have separate profiles created for each, just create a
    > shortcut for each version that includes the correct profile in the
    > startup command. See:
    >
    > http://www.mozilla.org/docs/command-line-args.html
    > http://www.edmullen.net/moz_commands.html

    Thanks Ed,

    I am still not able to start two versions. These are my 2 command lines....

    * myprof1.4 was created using 1.4
    "C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla\mozilla.exe" -p myprof1.4

    * myprof1.5 was created using 1.5
    "C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla_1.5\mozilla.exe" -p myprof1.5

    Whatever one I run first, the other will run as a new instance of it.

    Any other tips, tricks, suggestions?

    Thanks
    Disco, Nov 7, 2003
  7. Disco

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Disco wrote:

    > Ed Mullen wrote:
    >
    >>Disco wrote:
    >>

    >>>OK. Further to this....
    >>>
    >>>I think I found the 'issue'.
    >>>If I have 1.5 already open, then when I open 1.4 it does not prompt
    >>>me for the 'select profile', and it actully runs another instance of
    >>>1.5.
    >>>
    >>>And vice-versa for when I ipen 1.4 first.
    >>>
    >>>Is it possible to run both 1.4 and 1.5 at the same time?
    >>>THanks
    >>>

    >>Assuming you have separate profiles created for each, just create a
    >>shortcut for each version that includes the correct profile in the
    >>startup command. See:
    >>
    >>http://www.mozilla.org/docs/command-line-args.html
    >>http://www.edmullen.net/moz_commands.html

    > Thanks Ed,
    >
    > I am still not able to start two versions. These are my 2 command lines....
    >
    > * myprof1.4 was created using 1.4
    > "C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla\mozilla.exe" -p myprof1.4
    >
    > * myprof1.5 was created using 1.5
    > "C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla_1.5\mozilla.exe" -p myprof1.5
    >
    > Whatever one I run first, the other will run as a new instance of it.
    >
    > Any other tips, tricks, suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks

    Hmm. No ideas at the moment. I /thought/ this would work. I'm not on
    a system where I can check this at the moment. Anybody else got any
    suggestions or info?

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net