Moz/firefox updating problem

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by default, Apr 19, 2005.

  1. default

    default Guest

    My Firefox is set to check for updates and gives me a reminder telling
    me that a "critical" update is necessary. I go to the options and
    manually tell it to check for updates and it says that there is one
    available.

    I give it the go-ahead to download and install it and it does nothing.
    While checking, it shows activity in the firewall (3-4 bidirectional
    channels). When told to download it shows no activity in the firewall
    panel and will just sit there indefinitely. Not a single bit in or
    out - so it seems likely the program is at fault (not just a busy
    server).

    FF options set to "allow websites to install software"

    Any ideas on what to try?
    FF version 1.0.2
    Windows ME
    Kerio firewall (no moz permissions denied)

    default, Apr 19, 2005

  2. default

    default Guest

    On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 12:15:31 -0400, default <>
    wrote:

    >My Firefox is set to check for updates and gives me a reminder telling
    >me that a "critical" update is necessary. I go to the options and
    >manually tell it to check for updates and it says that there is one
    >available.
    >
    >I give it the go-ahead to download and install it and it does nothing.
    >While checking, it shows activity in the firewall (3-4 bidirectional
    >channels). When told to download it shows no activity in the firewall
    >panel and will just sit there indefinitely. Not a single bit in or
    >out - so it seems likely the program is at fault (not just a busy
    >server).
    >
    >FF options set to "allow websites to install software"
    >
    >Any ideas on what to try?
    >FF version 1.0.2
    >Windows ME
    >Kerio firewall (no moz permissions denied)

    Problem over . . . . not sure of the cause, but rebooting Windoze
    again fixed it.

    default, Apr 19, 2005