    I've looked in about:config and the pref files but haven't found it
    yet. I'd like to bump it up a few! TIA
    Rob

    Rob, Feb 1, 2005

  2. Rob

    Moz Champion Guest

    Rob wrote:

    > I'm trying to find out where/if I can change the number of pages that
    > are allowed to be kept under the Browser's "Back button" in Moz 1.7.5.
    > I've looked in about:config and the pref files but haven't found it
    > yet. I'd like to bump it up a few! TIA
    > Rob

    AFAIK there is no limit. In what scenario are you running into one?

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

    Moz Champion, Feb 1, 2005

  3. Rob

    Rob Guest

    Moz Champion wrote:

    > Rob wrote:
    >
    >> I'm trying to find out where/if I can change the number of pages that
    >> are allowed to be kept under the Browser's "Back button" in Moz
    >> 1.7.5. I've looked in about:config and the pref files but haven't
    >> found it yet. I'd like to bump it up a few! TIA
    >> Rob

    > AFAIK there is no limit. In what scenario are you running into one?

    I probably didn't express what I'm looking to do very well, so maybe
    this will help clarify it. On the weekends, I will link to many of the
    Sunday store ads from a central server. Many of the circulars have 20
    or so pages. I want to be able to return to the initial screens but I
    only have visibility of 15 pages on the drop down box at any one time.
    You are correct, previous page views are recorded and if I select the
    last entry on the drop down list, that page is loaded and the list is
    refreshed with 15 more entries. I'm looking to change the length of the
    drop box or change the number of entries allowed, to display more than
    15 lines at a time, making it easier to jump directly to a previous
    page. TIA

    Rob
    Remove the "spambone" to reply

    Rob, Feb 1, 2005
  4. Rob

    Moz Champion Guest

    Rob wrote:

    > Moz Champion wrote:
    >
    >> Rob wrote:
    >>
    >>> I'm trying to find out where/if I can change the number of pages that
    >>> are allowed to be kept under the Browser's "Back button" in Moz
    >>> 1.7.5. I've looked in about:config and the pref files but haven't
    >>> found it yet. I'd like to bump it up a few! TIA
    >>> Rob

    >> AFAIK there is no limit. In what scenario are you running into one?
    >>

    > I probably didn't express what I'm looking to do very well, so maybe
    > this will help clarify it. On the weekends, I will link to many of the
    > Sunday store ads from a central server. Many of the circulars have 20
    > or so pages. I want to be able to return to the initial screens but I
    > only have visibility of 15 pages on the drop down box at any one time.
    > You are correct, previous page views are recorded and if I select the
    > last entry on the drop down list, that page is loaded and the list is
    > refreshed with 15 more entries. I'm looking to change the length of the
    > drop box or change the number of entries allowed, to display more than
    > 15 lines at a time, making it easier to jump directly to a previous
    > page. TIA
    >
    > Rob
    > Remove the "spambone" to reply

    Never noticed that previously. Yes there is a limit to the number of
    menu entries. Dont know if it helps much, but the History window
    provides a complete listing (tho figuring out where they link to/from is
    another story).

    I dont know offhand of any quick method of extending a menu, but I think
    it will probably involve user.chrome or such entries and may be more
    bother than its worth (to most anyway). Will take a look for any known
    issues that reflect on this.

    Will get back to you. If I dont get back within a week, please post a
    reminder message in the thread, thanks

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org