    B.C., and it may be weeks before we get good mowing weather. By then the grass is 6"
    long. :p
    What about those reel mowers..?

    Shel-hed, Sep 27, 2004

  2. Shel-hed

    Guest

    On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 02:12:27 GMT, Shel-hed
    <> wrote:

    >Is there such a thing as a lawnmower that's good for wet grass?

    A goat.

    , Sep 27, 2004

  3. Shel-hed

    Old Gringo Guest

    Shel-hed wrote:
    > Is there such a thing as a lawnmower that's good for wet grass? It rains a lot in
    > B.C., and it may be weeks before we get good mowing weather. By then the grass is 6"
    > long. :p
    > What about those reel mowers..?

    This is the one I use wet or dry:
    http://store.yahoo.com/cleanairgardening/scotclasreel1.html

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Just West Of Nowhere

    Old Gringo, Sep 27, 2004
  4. Shel-hed

    Shel-hed Guest

    On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 02:16:59 GMT, wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 02:12:27 GMT, Shel-hed
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Is there such a thing as a lawnmower that's good for wet grass?

    >A goat.

    Do goats cut very short? Horses cut too short and completely screw up a lawn. I bet
    horses are the cause of the Sahara desert.

    Shel-hed, Sep 27, 2004
  5. Shel-hed

    WormWood Guest

    "Shel-hed" <> wrote in message
    | On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 02:16:59 GMT, wrote in
    24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    | >On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 02:12:27 GMT, Shel-hed
    | ><> wrote:
    | >
    | >>Is there such a thing as a lawnmower that's good for wet grass?
    | >
    | >A goat.
    |
    | Do goats cut very short? Horses cut too short and completely screw
    up a lawn. I bet
    | horses are the cause of the Sahara desert.

    Actually, horses, by instinct, are smart enough to protect their food
    supply by not cropping too close. Close cropping is the forte of sheep,
    goats and cattle. In fact, this narsty habit sent the sheep and goats to
    the mountains in search of survival after they fecked up their noshing
    supply. Cows make a stinking, foul, muddy hog wallow-like thingy, rain
    or shine, wet or dry. If you just want a little help wiith the turf,
    marry a couple of sheep. And, do try to find at least one that can
    vacuum, wash dishes and ....was going to say 'cook' but I guess they
    only do salads.

    WormWood, Sep 27, 2004
  6. Shel-hed

    Derek F. Guest

    "Shel-hed" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 02:16:59 GMT, wrote in
    > 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >>On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 02:12:27 GMT, Shel-hed
    >><> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Is there such a thing as a lawnmower that's good for wet grass?

    >>A goat.

    > Do goats cut very short? Horses cut too short and completely screw up a
    > lawn. I bet
    > horses are the cause of the Sahara desert.

    Sheep graze it shorter, that was why the Western ranchers were anti sheep.
    Derek.

    Derek F., Sep 28, 2004
  7. XcitableBoi, <>, the putrefied, baying fruit, and
    water diviner, ranted:

    --
    You lolling, burnt-out, bum-faced flatfish.

    N3-4-Terephthaloyl-Methoxycarbonyl-Phenylhydrazino, Sep 28, 2004