    frustrating time with BT about this....

    Thanks

    Nutz

    NutCracker, May 31, 2008

  2. NutCracker wrote:
    > I used to have two BT lines - I cancelled one of them a couple of years
    > ago and ported it to a VOIP company.
    >
    > The remaining BT line runs my ADSL connection.
    >
    > I now wish to move my VOIP number back to BT AND for it to replace my
    > current landline number (that has ADSL). I don't want any interruption
    > to service - landline or internet.
    >
    > Is this possible? What are the steps required? I'm having a frustrating
    > time with BT about this....

    Indeed, unfortunately, you just have to persuade BT to accept the order.
    It's the gaining operators responsibility to service their new customer.

    cheers
    peter

    <email/web_hosting/business_voip> <t:01225 800 810>

    Peter Gradwell, May 31, 2008

  3. NutCracker

    Nick Guest

    NutCracker wrote:
    > I used to have two BT lines - I cancelled one of them a couple of years
    > ago and ported it to a VOIP company.
    >
    > The remaining BT line runs my ADSL connection.
    >
    > I now wish to move my VOIP number back to BT AND for it to replace my
    > current landline number (that has ADSL). I don't want any interruption
    > to service - landline or internet.
    >
    > Is this possible? What are the steps required? I'm having a frustrating
    > time with BT about this....
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Nutz

    Out of curiosity why are you changing back from VOIP to BT.

    Nick, May 31, 2008
  4. NutCracker

    NutCracker Guest

    On 2008-05-31 15:58:20 +0100, Nick <> said:

    > NutCracker wrote:
    >> I used to have two BT lines - I cancelled one of them a couple of years
    >> ago and ported it to a VOIP company.
    >>
    >> The remaining BT line runs my ADSL connection.
    >>
    >> I now wish to move my VOIP number back to BT AND for it to replace my
    >> current landline number (that has ADSL). I don't want any interruption
    >> to service - landline or internet.
    >>
    >> Is this possible? What are the steps required? I'm having a
    >> frustrating time with BT about this....
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Nutz
    >>

    > Out of curiosity why are you changing back from VOIP to BT.

    To be honest we don't use the phone that much and BT offers free
    evening and weekend calls (which is when the phone is more likely to be
    used). The main reason though was the VOIP service that I've been
    having - dropped calls - too many for it to be very frustrating when
    making or receiving calls.

    Having spent the last week or so dealing with my VOIP provider and BT
    things have improved - coincidence? :) I use the Sipura SPA3000.

    NutCracker, May 31, 2008
  5. NutCracker

    Brian A Guest

    On Sat, 31 May 2008 16:42:11 GMT, NutCracker <> wrote:

    >On 2008-05-31 15:58:20 +0100, Nick <> said:
    >
    >> NutCracker wrote:
    >>> I used to have two BT lines - I cancelled one of them a couple of years
    >>> ago and ported it to a VOIP company.
    >>>
    >>> The remaining BT line runs my ADSL connection.
    >>>
    >>> I now wish to move my VOIP number back to BT AND for it to replace my
    >>> current landline number (that has ADSL). I don't want any interruption
    >>> to service - landline or internet.
    >>>
    >>> Is this possible? What are the steps required? I'm having a
    >>> frustrating time with BT about this....
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>>
    >>> Nutz
    >>>

    >> Out of curiosity why are you changing back from VOIP to BT.

    >To be honest we don't use the phone that much and BT offers free
    >evening and weekend calls (which is when the phone is more likely to be
    >used). The main reason though was the VOIP service that I've been
    >having - dropped calls - too many for it to be very frustrating when
    >making or receiving calls.
    >
    >Having spent the last week or so dealing with my VOIP provider and BT
    >things have improved - coincidence? :) I use the Sipura SPA3000.

    So you problem might be solved. Dropped calls isn't an implicit
    feature with voip. It can be due to your connection - I had lots of
    problems when VM upgraded customers to higher speeds, or it could be
    your voip provider. If you already have the BT deal why not try taking
    incoming calls via voip and doing outgoing evening via BT. This is all
    easy to do with an SPA-3000. Managing weekend calls is slightly more
    difficult but can be achieved in various ways.
    For CLI consitency, when routing via voip, the Betamax companies have
    provision for you to forward any standard number that you own, via
    their network, as your CLI. I would imagine, perhaps with more
    difficulty, that other providers could also provide this facility.

    ---
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    ---

    Brian A, Jun 1, 2008
  6. NutCracker

    NutCracker Guest

    On 2008-06-01 13:08:03 +0100, Brian A <> said:

    > On Sat, 31 May 2008 16:42:11 GMT, NutCracker <> wrote:

    >>> Out of curiosity why are you changing back from VOIP to BT.

    >> To be honest we don't use the phone that much and BT offers free
    >> evening and weekend calls (which is when the phone is more likely to be
    >> used). The main reason though was the VOIP service that I've been
    >> having - dropped calls - too many for it to be very frustrating when
    >> making or receiving calls.
    >>
    >> Having spent the last week or so dealing with my VOIP provider and BT
    >> things have improved - coincidence? :) I use the Sipura SPA3000.
    >>

    > So you problem might be solved. Dropped calls isn't an implicit
    > feature with voip. It can be due to your connection - I had lots of
    > problems when VM upgraded customers to higher speeds, or it could be
    > your voip provider. If you already have the BT deal why not try taking
    > incoming calls via voip and doing outgoing evening via BT. This is all
    > easy to do with an SPA-3000. Managing weekend calls is slightly more
    > difficult but can be achieved in various ways.
    > For CLI consitency, when routing via voip, the Betamax companies have
    > provision for you to forward any standard number that you own, via
    > their network, as your CLI. I would imagine, perhaps with more
    > difficulty, that other providers could also provide this facility.
    >

    > ---
    > Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    > ---

    I have a simiar call plan now (including CLI) with my current VOIP
    provider just unfortunate for it not to be reliable enough for
    making/receiving calls - and of course there's the WAF to take into
    consideration! ;-) The net connection itself is pretty reliable - so
    don't believe that's the problem and the SPA3000 and the phones
    themself appear all to be working fine.

    BT though are certainly adamant that the VOIP company has to release
    the number to them which conflicts with other information that I've
    read and been told, i.e. the gaining operator is the one that deals
    with the porting of the number. Well I guess if things don't improve
    then I may have to resort to getting the other line activated...

    NutCracker, Jun 1, 2008
  7. NutCracker

    Brian A Guest

    On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 15:10:28 GMT, NutCracker <> wrote:

    >On 2008-06-01 13:08:03 +0100, Brian A <> said:

    >>> To be honest we don't use the phone that much and BT offers free
    >>> evening and weekend calls (which is when the phone is more likely to be
    >>> used). The main reason though was the VOIP service that I've been
    >>> having - dropped calls - too many for it to be very frustrating when
    >>> making or receiving calls.
    >>>
    >>> Having spent the last week or so dealing with my VOIP provider and BT
    >>> things have improved - coincidence? :) I use the Sipura SPA3000.
    >>>

    >> So you problem might be solved. Dropped calls isn't an implicit
    >> feature with voip. It can be due to your connection - I had lots of
    >> problems when VM upgraded customers to higher speeds, or it could be
    >> your voip provider. If you already have the BT deal why not try taking
    >> incoming calls via voip and doing outgoing evening via BT. This is all
    >> easy to do with an SPA-3000. Managing weekend calls is slightly more
    >> difficult but can be achieved in various ways.
    >> For CLI consitency, when routing via voip, the Betamax companies have
    >> provision for you to forward any standard number that you own, via
    >> their network, as your CLI. I would imagine, perhaps with more
    >> difficulty, that other providers could also provide this facility.
    >>

    >> ---
    >> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    >> ---

    >I have a simiar call plan now (including CLI) with my current VOIP
    >provider just unfortunate for it not to be reliable enough for
    >making/receiving calls - and of course there's the WAF to take into
    >consideration! ;-)

    It is so easy to try another provider. I did try one provider that was
    very good value for money but calls dropped. With JustVoip calls have
    all been perfect. Not only my experience but that of two other people
    I know with Linksys boxes. None of us use JustVoip for incoming calls
    though so I can't vouch for the reliability in that respect but we all
    use voxalot to route outgoing calls via JustVoip.
    If you are confident that your line is OK then for the sake of £10 it
    could save you a lot of trouble.
    b.t.w. Am I to assume WAF=wife? If so my one of my female relations,
    in her 80s, uses voip for outgoing calls and says that it is
    absolutely fine.
    I think that you have just been unlucky.

    ---

    Brian A, Jun 1, 2008