Moving the Show Desktop to the Left Side of the Screen?

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Artreid, Aug 3, 2010.

  1. Artreid

    Artreid Guest

    Has anyone tried this posted at the following link? If so, if it does not
    work or you don't like it, can you get back:
    http://forums.techarena.in/customize-desktop/1119228.htm

    Restore classical Taskbar in Windows 7

    1. Right-click on a blank area of the taskbar and, remove the checkmark
    from the item "Lock the taskbar; if there is"

    2. Right-click on a blank area of the taskbar and select "Properties" from
    the context menu

    3. Put the checkmark next to "use small icons"

    4. Select "Never combine" from the drop-down menu located near the "Taskbar
    buttons" and click OK

    5. Right-click on each icon on the taskbar and select "Unpin this program
    from taskbar" from the context menu

    6. Right-click an empty space on the taskbar and select "Toolbars -> New
    Toolbar from the contextual menu

    7. Go to the %SystemDrive%\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Mic
    rosoft\Internet Explorer\

    8. Highlight the "Quick Launch" and click the button "Select Folder"

    9. Right-click on the Quick Launch bar and remove the check mark from the
    items "Show Title" and "Show Text"

    10. Drag the Quick Launch bar on the left of the taskbar, next to the
    button start

    11. Right-click an empty space on the taskbar and if you wish, put the
    checkmark in the "Lock the taskbar".

    That's it, now you got back to the classic taskbar of Microsoft systems.

    Artreid, Aug 3, 2010

  2. Artreid

    XS11E Guest

    XS11E, Aug 3, 2010

  3. Artreid

    Jeff Layman Guest

    "XS11E" <> wrote in message
    > "Artreid" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Has anyone tried this posted at the following link? If so, if it
    >> does not work or you don't like it, can you get back:
    >> http://forums.techarena.in/customize-desktop/1119228.htm
    >>
    >> Restore classical Taskbar in Windows 7

    > Waste of time, just download Classic Shell.
    >
    > http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/

    Does Classic Shell include a Quick Launch toolbar, or are you saying a Q-L
    toolbar isn't necessary if you install Classic Shell?

    --

    Jeff

    Jeff Layman, Aug 4, 2010
  4. Artreid

    XS11E Guest

    "Jeff Layman" <> wrote:

    > "XS11E" <> wrote in message
    >> "Artreid" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Has anyone tried this posted at the following link? If so, if it
    >>> does not work or you don't like it, can you get back:
    >>> http://forums.techarena.in/customize-desktop/1119228.htm
    >>>
    >>> Restore classical Taskbar in Windows 7

    >> Waste of time, just download Classic Shell.
    >>
    >> http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/
    >>

    > Does Classic Shell include a Quick Launch toolbar,

    Yes.

    The Usenet Improvement Project:

    XS11E, Aug 4, 2010
  5. Artreid

    Jeff Layman Guest

    "XS11E" <> wrote in message
    > "Jeff Layman" <> wrote:
    >
    >> "XS11E" <> wrote in message

    >>> Waste of time, just download Classic Shell.
    >>>
    >>> http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/
    >>>

    >> Does Classic Shell include a Quick Launch toolbar,

    > Yes.

    Where does this info appear in the classicshell.sourceforge.net pages? I
    already have a Q-L toolbar with desktop shortcut next to "Start" (using the
    long-winded process) and use ClassicWindowsStartMenu (there was no Classic
    Shell RC available at the time - just betas). If there is a simpler option
    I'll take it if there are problems with what I already have

    --

    Jeff

    Jeff Layman, Aug 4, 2010
  6. Artreid