Moving text in Adobe Acrobat 6.01

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Alasdair Baxter, Jan 22, 2004.

  1. I have just upgraded from Adobe Acrobat 5 to Acrobat 6 Professional.
    I'm having difficulty moving lines of text on the page; please, can
    anyone help?

    When I used Acrobat 5, I could double click on a line of text in a
    form and behold a "bounding box" appeared round it with two diamond
    shaped "handles" at the left hand side. I could then move the box
    containing the text up, down, right, left and even alter the font size
    in the Text Attributes dialogue box.

    With Acrobat 6 Professional, I can make a "Text Field" over the text
    I want to move using the text field tool. It comes up in red with
    "Text 1" written in it and with handles. As with normal frame type
    things, I can move the red box anywhere on the page but when I put it
    down, it no longer contains the text. The text I wanted to move is
    left behind in its original position.

    How do I achieve moving, say, a question on a form so that it is
    properly lined up with the box for the answer?

    I asked this question last week on 24hoursupport.helpdesk but I was
    referred to websites. Unfortunately neither the help section of
    Acrobat 6 nor the Adobe website support pages give an answer to this
    specific question.

    --

    Alasdair Baxter, Nottingham, UK.Tel +44 115 9705100; Fax +44 115 9423263

    "It's not what you say that matters but how you say it.
    It's not what you do that matters but how you do it"

    Alasdair Baxter, Jan 22, 2004

  2. Alasdair Baxter

    Boomer Guest

    Alasdair Baxter <> wrote in

    > I have just upgraded from Adobe Acrobat 5 to Acrobat 6
    > Professional. I'm having difficulty moving lines of text on the
    > page; please, can anyone help?
    >
    > When I used Acrobat 5, I could double click on a line of text in a
    > form and behold a "bounding box" appeared round it with two
    > diamond shaped "handles" at the left hand side. I could then move
    > the box containing the text up, down, right, left and even alter
    > the font size in the Text Attributes dialogue box.
    >
    > With Acrobat 6 Professional, I can make a "Text Field" over the
    > text I want to move using the text field tool. It comes up in red
    > with "Text 1" written in it and with handles. As with normal
    > frame type things, I can move the red box anywhere on the page but
    > when I put it down, it no longer contains the text. The text I
    > wanted to move is left behind in its original position.
    >
    > How do I achieve moving, say, a question on a form so that it is
    > properly lined up with the box for the answer?
    >
    > I asked this question last week on 24hoursupport.helpdesk but I
    > was referred to websites. Unfortunately neither the help section
    > of Acrobat 6 nor the Adobe website support pages give an answer to
    > this specific question.

    [snip]

    Hi

    This is your 3rd new thread on the same subject.

    You did do a *search* at Adobe for the answer?
    http://www.adobe.com/search/main.html

    Did you ask at their forum?
    http://www.adobe.com/support/forums/main.html

    Boomer, Jan 22, 2004

  3. Alasdair Baxter

    Harrison Guest

    You are using the forms tool. Each red box is a new form field. You
    can insert text boxes, check boxes, drop down menus, and so on. It's
    quite handy for creating Acrobat forms which users can fill out and
    print using Reader.

    What you want is the TouchUp Objects Tool and TouchUp Text Tool.
    You can find how to use them Acrobat's Help File.
    If you can't accomplish what you want there, then open the file in
    Photoshop and edit it that way.
    If you want someone to do it for you, I charge $40 US/hour for Acrobat
    work.

    Harrison, Jan 22, 2004