Moving TB profiles

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Kneewax, Aug 11, 2004.

  1. Kneewax

    Kneewax Guest

    Hi,

    I am switching laptops and need to move my TB profiles to the new
    machine. I have tried simply copying the profile folder over the top of
    the new one on the new machine but now TB crashes on opening. Is there
    an easier way of importing the messages - I am happy to set the accounts
    up manually again if necessary.

    Cheers
    Kneewax
    History is an illusion caused by the passage of time.
    Time is an illusion caused by the passage of History
    - Wave Harmonic Theory of
    Historical Perception (DNA)

    Make my 'cold' a 'hot' to mail me!

    Kneewax, Aug 11, 2004

  2. Kneewax

    .BRIAN. Guest

    Kneewax wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am switching laptops and need to move my TB profiles to the new
    > machine. I have tried simply copying the profile folder over the top of
    > the new one on the new machine but now TB crashes on opening. Is there
    > an easier way of importing the messages - I am happy to set the accounts
    > up manually again if necessary.

    Personally, I would have used MozillaBackup. Just backup the profile
    from the old laptop, then restore it on the new laptop.

    Since you can not currently get Thunderbird to open, I would try
    starting it with the Profile Manager ("thunderbird.exe -p").

    --
    Brian

    Email Info -
    http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm

    .BRIAN., Aug 11, 2004

  3. Kneewax

    Kneewax Guest

    ..BRIAN. wrote:
    > Kneewax wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I am switching laptops and need to move my TB profiles to the new
    >> machine. I have tried simply copying the profile folder over the top
    >> of the new one on the new machine but now TB crashes on opening. Is
    >> there an easier way of importing the messages - I am happy to set the
    >> accounts up manually again if necessary.
    >>

    > Personally, I would have used MozillaBackup. Just backup the profile
    > from the old laptop, then restore it on the new laptop.
    >
    > Since you can not currently get Thunderbird to open, I would try
    > starting it with the Profile Manager ("thunderbird.exe -p").

    Thanks Brian, that worked a treat. Not had much success with other TB
    backups - but that was excellent.

    Thanks again

    Kneewax, Aug 12, 2004