    Start Button is on the upper Left.

    How do I move it all to the bottom of the Desktop ?

    Thanks,
    Robert11, Nov 18, 2005

  2. Robert11

    Brian G Guest

    Robert11 wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have what I guess is called the Taskbar on the top of my desktop
    > window. Start Button is on the upper Left.
    >
    > How do I move it all to the bottom of the Desktop ?
    >
    > Thanks,

    Left click and hold on a blank area and then 'pull' it down to the bottom
    Brian G, Nov 18, 2005

  3. Robert11

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:p,
    Robert11 spewed forth:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have what I guess is called the Taskbar on the top of my desktop
    > window. Start Button is on the upper Left.
    >
    > How do I move it all to the bottom of the Desktop ?
    >
    > Thanks,

    Since, in another post, you indicated you run XP, after you get your taskbar
    back where you want it, LOCK it there. Right click on a blank spot, and
    select "Lock the taskbar".

    like an idiot.
    Toolman Tim, Nov 19, 2005
  4. Robert11

    Robert11 Guest

    From OP To Tim et al: Re: Moving Taskbar from Top To Bottom Of Desktop ?

    Hi Tim:

    Thanks for help. I "locked" it, per your suggestion.

    Since you read my previous post, might you have any ideas what could have
    happend with that extra pane in my desktop window ?

    Just trying to learn a bit more, and am very curious.

    I got thingsback to normal only be using the previous day's Restore Point.
    Great feature.

    But, would sure like to know what i may have done inadvertently that caused
    the problem, as I described in my previous post.

    Thanks,
    Bob
    -------------------

    Robert11, Nov 19, 2005
  5. Robert11

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Re: From OP To Tim et al: Re: Moving Taskbar from Top To Bottom Of Desktop ?

    That doesn't ring a bell. It may be a "feature" of your video display driver
    or something.

    In news:,
    Robert11 spewed forth:
    > Hi Tim:
    >
    > Thanks for help. I "locked" it, per your suggestion.
    >
    > Since you read my previous post, might you have any ideas what could
    > have happend with that extra pane in my desktop window ?
    >
    > Just trying to learn a bit more, and am very curious.
    >
    > I got thingsback to normal only be using the previous day's Restore
    > Point. Great feature.
    >
    > But, would sure like to know what i may have done inadvertently that
    > caused the problem, as I described in my previous post.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bob
    > -------------------
    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >> In news:p,
    >> Robert11 spewed forth:
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> I have what I guess is called the Taskbar on the top of my desktop
    >>> window. Start Button is on the upper Left.
    >>>
    >>> How do I move it all to the bottom of the Desktop ?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> B

    >> Since, in another post, you indicated you run XP, after you get your
    >> taskbar back where you want it, LOCK it there. Right click on a blank
    >> spot, and select "Lock the taskbar".
    >>
    >> --
    >> There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking
    >> like an idiot.

    like an idiot.
    Toolman Tim, Nov 19, 2005
  6. Robert11

    PC Guest

    > That doesn't ring a bell. It may be a "feature" of your video display
    > driver or something.
    >
    > In news:,
    > Robert11 spewed forth:
    >> Hi Tim:
    >>
    >> Thanks for help. I "locked" it, per your suggestion.
    >>
    >> Since you read my previous post, might you have any ideas what could
    >> have happend with that extra pane in my desktop window ?
    >>
    >> Just trying to learn a bit more, and am very curious.
    >>
    >> I got thingsback to normal only be using the previous day's Restore
    >> Point. Great feature.
    >>
    >> But, would sure like to know what i may have done inadvertently that
    >> caused the problem, as I described in my previous post.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Bob
    >> -------------------
    >> "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >>> In news:p,
    >>> Robert11 spewed forth:

    >>> Since, in another post, you indicated you run XP, after you get your
    >>> taskbar back where you want it, LOCK it there. Right click on a blank
    >>> spot, and select "Lock the taskbar".
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking
    >>> like an idiot.

    > --
    > There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking
    > like an idiot.

    TT

    I think his second "pane" is a very 'wide' toolbar (read the OP's previous)

    Paul.
    PC, Nov 19, 2005
  7. Robert11

    PC Guest

    "Robert11" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have what I guess is called the Taskbar on the top of my desktop window.
    > Start Button is on the upper Left.
    >
    > How do I move it all to the bottom of the Desktop ?
    >
    > Thanks,

    I would hazard your 'problems' are simply new user piloting errors.

    Learning how to use Windows can be frustrating these days because the
    'manual' one gets (or doesn't get) is so thin it often is all taken up with
    the User License & not much else. (shows Microsoft's priorities)

    But to start you of in the right direction there is an introductory 'movie'
    built in to XP that can be accessed thus:
    Click the 'Start' button.
    Click 'Help and Support' (right side menu)
    Click 'Whats new in Windows XP' (first item on the left)
    Click 'Taking a tour or tutorial' in the left window'
    Click 'Take the Windows XP tour' in the right window.

    Sit back and let it run.

    Then for additional 'guidance' open www.Google.com in your Web Browser and
    type "Windows Tutorial' into the search bar, then click the 'Google Search'
    button
    This will give you 29 million leads to various Windows tutorials of a wide
    range.
    The first one (http://www.learnthat.com/courses/computer/windows/) seemed to
    be quite a resourcefull site.
    Read & enjoy.

    As for your 'finger/click/drag' problems (this will be how you moved and
    resized your 'task bar) everyone since the early versions of these Graphic
    User Interfaces (GUI's) came out has found playing games is the ideal way to
    gain mouse mastery.
    With XP good old Solitaire is a good 'game' to hone one's mouse skills on.

    Best luck with your learning.
    Paul.
    PC, Nov 19, 2005
  8. Robert11

    PC Guest

    "PC" <> wrote in message
    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >> That doesn't ring a bell. It may be a "feature" of your video display
    >> driver or something.
    >>
    >> In news:,
    >> Robert11 spewed forth:
    >>> Hi Tim:
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for help. I "locked" it, per your suggestion.
    >>>
    >>> Since you read my previous post, might you have any ideas what could
    >>> have happend with that extra pane in my desktop window ?
    >>>
    >>> Just trying to learn a bit more, and am very curious.
    >>>
    >>> I got thingsback to normal only be using the previous day's Restore
    >>> Point. Great feature.
    >>>
    >>> But, would sure like to know what i may have done inadvertently that
    >>> caused the problem, as I described in my previous post.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> Bob
    >>> -------------------
    >>> "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message

    >> --
    >> There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking
    >> like an idiot.
    >>

    > TT
    >
    > I think his second "pane" is a very 'wide' toolbar (read the OP's
    > previous)
    >
    > Paul.

    and he would have had the 'desktop' toolbar turned on.
    P.
    PC, Nov 19, 2005