    etc) from one adapter to the other? The second one is new, and much better,
    and I don't want to have to ask the owners of the APs to enter in the
    passkeys again.

    =?Utf-8?B?VU5IY2hhYm8=?=, Aug 31, 2006

  2. Hi
    May be this can Help,
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/learnmore/bowman_05june13.mspx
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Sep 1, 2006

  3. That sounds like it's good for setup of machines to a network if it's
    originally set up using Windows Connect Now, but what I'm looking to do is
    transfer passkeys, etc from one adapter to another (basically, client to
    client).

    Any way to do that without getting the passkey a second time from the
    sysadmins of those systems?

    =?Utf-8?B?VU5IY2hhYm8=?=, Sep 1, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?VU5IY2hhYm8=?=

    Pavel A. Guest

    "UNHchabo" <> wrote in message news:...
    > That sounds like it's good for setup of machines to a network if it's
    > originally set up using Windows Connect Now, but what I'm looking to do is
    > transfer passkeys, etc from one adapter to another (basically, client to
    > client).
    >
    > Any way to do that without getting the passkey a second time from the
    > sysadmins of those systems?

    For WinXP, these settings are stored in the registry, so I guess, if you move the
    data to the reg.key of the new adapter, it will catch.
    But the problem is that the names of reg.keys are not fixed.
    You need to locate them on every single machine :(
    With more than 2-3 machines it would be too hard to do manually

    --PA

    Pavel A., Sep 1, 2006