Moving progs from slave to master

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by T.N.O., Sep 15, 2003.

  1. T.N.O.

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Hypnos" wrote
    > Don't have Norton Ghost anymore so what do you guy's suggest for moving
    > Programs to a new Master disk from the now slave disk?

    Heh... Kazaa and Norton Ghost :)
    T.N.O., Sep 15, 2003

  2. T.N.O.

    Hypnos Guest

    Hypnos, Sep 15, 2003

  3. T.N.O.

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Hypnos" wrote
    > > Heh... Kazaa and Norton Ghost :)

    > Happen to know a 'good' site to download Ghost..heh?..:)

    kickme.to/fosi might have it, haven't checked in a while... but Kazaa has
    it. downloaded a corporate version, it is trojan free, virus free and seems
    to work.
    T.N.O., Sep 15, 2003
  4. On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 19:52:32 +1200, "Nicholas Sherlock"
    <> wrote:

    >Hypnos wrote:
    >> Don't have Norton Ghost anymore so what do you guy's suggest for
    >> moving Programs to a new Master disk from the now slave disk?

    >If your new drive is a Seagate, Seagate offer an excellent tool free for
    >doing this on their website at http://www.seagate.com . It's the tool for
    >setting up new hard drives.

    ... and it's called Seagate DiscWizard.

    --
    Kristofer Clayton (KJClayton)
    Gisborne, New Zealand
    Kristofer Clayton, Sep 15, 2003
  5. T.N.O.

    ~misfit~ Guest

    "T.N.O." <> wrote in message
    > "Hypnos" wrote
    > > > Heh... Kazaa and Norton Ghost :)

    > > Happen to know a 'good' site to download Ghost..heh?..:)

    > kickme.to/fosi might have it, haven't checked in a while... but Kazaa has
    > it. downloaded a corporate version, it is trojan free, virus free and

    seems
    > to work.

    Well, I hope you're on-line with Kazaa, I'm gonna look and it'd be easier
    with my slow connect speed to get it from you. :)
    --
    ~misfit~

    ---
    ~misfit~, Sep 16, 2003
  6. T.N.O.

    T.N.O. Guest

    "~misfit~" wrote
    > Well, I hope you're on-line with Kazaa, I'm gonna look and it'd be easier
    > with my slow connect speed to get it from you. :)

    nah, Im not, but when I looked, there were quite a few users with it.
    T.N.O., Sep 16, 2003
  7. T.N.O.

    SharkFOA Guest

    "Hypnos" <> wrote in message
    > Don't have Norton Ghost anymore so what do you guy's suggest for moving
    > Programs to a new Master disk from the now slave disk?

    > http://www.pcinspector.de/clone-maxx/uk/welcome.htm

    Haven't tried it but their PC Inspector works well.

    SharkFOA
    SharkFOA, Sep 16, 2003
  8. T.N.O.

    Devo Guest

    "Malcolm Moore" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 19:52:32 +1200, "Nicholas Sherlock"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Hypnos wrote:
    > >> Don't have Norton Ghost anymore so what do you guy's suggest for
    > >> moving Programs to a new Master disk from the now slave disk?

    > >If your new drive is a Seagate, Seagate offer an excellent tool free for
    > >doing this on their website at http://www.seagate.com . It's the tool for
    > >setting up new hard drives.
    > >
    > >Cheers,
    > >Nicholas Sherlock
    > >

    > And Maxtor have this function as part of their "Maxblast" tool, also
    > available from their website.
    >
    > Regards
    > Malcolm.

    Just bought a Maxtor but damned if I could get my system to boot up ( with
    floppy) with "Maxblast".
    Devo, Sep 22, 2003