    and sometimes only the first one disappears (though they all end up in the new colection).

    There's got to be some magic incantation that will consistently move them.

    Chuck Tribolet

    Chuck Tribolet, Jan 11, 2006

  2. >>>> There's got to be some magic incantation that will consistently move

    Try using Windows Explorer instead.

    Douglas W. Hoyt, Jan 11, 2006

  3. Douglas W. Hoyt wrote:

    > Try using Windows Explorer instead.

    Or Picasa (http://picasa.google.com). I use Nikon Picture Project to
    load my pictures onto my computer because I like its folder creation
    auto-renaming capability. However, I use Picasa to organize them.

    --
    - Barry

    Barry L. Wallis, Jan 11, 2006
  4. Chuck Tribolet wrote:
    > I'd like to be able to move a set of selected pictures from one
    > collection to another
    > in Nikon Picture Project. Since it's a MOVE, not a COPY, I want the
    > picture not
    > to be in the source collection after the move. If I do Shift while I
    > drag the pictures to the new collection, sometimes they all disappear
    > from the old collection like they should, and sometimes only the
    > first one disappears (though they all end up in the new colection).
    >
    > There's got to be some magic incantation that will consistently move
    > them.
    >

    > Chuck Tribolet

    In Windows Explorer, right-click and drag the files to where you want them,
    you then have an option menu asking if you want to move or copy.

    Dennis Pogson, Jan 11, 2006
  5. Chuck Tribolet

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 13:54:30 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "Dennis Pogson"
    <> wrote:

    >Chuck Tribolet wrote:
    >> I'd like to be able to move a set of selected pictures from one
    >> collection to another
    >> in Nikon Picture Project. Since it's a MOVE, not a COPY, I want the
    >> picture not
    >> to be in the source collection after the move. If I do Shift while I
    >> drag the pictures to the new collection, sometimes they all disappear
    >> from the old collection like they should, and sometimes only the
    >> first one disappears (though they all end up in the new colection).
    >>
    >> There's got to be some magic incantation that will consistently move
    >> them.
    >>

    >> Chuck Tribolet

    >In Windows Explorer, right-click and drag the files to where you want them,
    >you then have an option menu asking if you want to move or copy.

    To both posters who suggested this. This will not help the OP. Yes it
    will move the files, but no it will not update the albums in PP, which
    is what the OP wants to do.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Jan 11, 2006
  6. Thanks, Ed. As the OP. you are quite right. Unfortunately, PP does not use
    operating system "folders" (file system directories) for PP folders. So they
    need to be moved with PP.

    Chuck Tribolet, Jan 12, 2006
  7. On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 15:13:57 -0800, in rec.photo.digital "Chuck Tribolet"
    <> wrote:

    >Thanks, Ed. As the OP. you are quite right. Unfortunately, PP does not use
    >operating system "folders" (file system directories) for PP folders. So they
    >need to be moved with PP.

    I've never used PP, thought it's interface to be brain dead. But can you
    just do a copy, then delete instead as a work around?

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Jan 12, 2006
  8. I CAN do that, but it's error-prone. I've got 400 pictures on a variety of subjects
    in my "Inbox" collection. They are in a mixed up sequence in the Inbox (cuz that's
    they way they got taken). It's error-prone to select a set, drag them, come back,
    and select the SAME set to delete.

    Chuck Tribolet, Jan 14, 2006
  9. On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 15:56:28 -0800, in rec.photo.digital "Chuck Tribolet"
    <> wrote:

    >I CAN do that, but it's error-prone. I've got 400 pictures on a variety of subjects
    >in my "Inbox" collection. They are in a mixed up sequence in the Inbox (cuz that's
    >they way they got taken). It's error-prone to select a set, drag them, come back,
    >and select the SAME set to delete.

    First have you looked for updates? Or tried contacting Nikon Tech Support?
    http://support.nikontech.com/cgi-bin/nikonusa.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=61

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Jan 15, 2006
  10. I'm on the latest, downloaded shortly before posting here.

    Next step is Nikon technical support.

    Chuck Tribolet, Jan 15, 2006
  11. I ran some more experiments. Shift and drag does a move MOST of the time. It
    works fine if you did Ctrl-Click to select the images one at a time and they are all
    on one page, but if you did Shift-Click to select a sequentail range of images, when
    you start the drag, all but the first image get unselected. And if the images are on
    more than one page, there are problems I haven't fully puzzled out, but they results
    some images ending up in both the source and destination.

    Chuck Tribolet, Jan 18, 2006