    What is the procedure please.
    Thank you,
    Seamus J. Wilson
    Seamus J. Wilson, Nov 9, 2005

  2. Seamus J. Wilson wrote:
    > I want to move my outlook express calendar from my old machine to my new
    > one. Use XP Pro on both.
    > What is the procedure please.
    > Thank you,
    > Seamus J. Wilson

    Outlook EXPRESS doesn't HAVE a calendar. What are you really using?

    --
    Registered Linux User no 240308
    Reply address is a spamtrap
    Gordon Burgess-Parker, Nov 9, 2005

  3. Seamus J. Wilson

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    Gordon Burgess-Parker spewed forth:
    > Seamus J. Wilson wrote:
    >> I want to move my outlook express calendar from my old machine to my
    >> new one. Use XP Pro on both.
    >> What is the procedure please.
    >> Thank you,
    >> Seamus J. Wilson
    >>

    > Outlook EXPRESS doesn't HAVE a calendar. What are you really using?

    Yeah - I want some of what HE'S smoking <g>

    like an idiot.
    Toolman Tim, Nov 9, 2005
  4. Toolman Tim wrote:
    > In news:,
    > Gordon Burgess-Parker spewed forth:
    >
    >>Seamus J. Wilson wrote:
    >>
    >>>I want to move my outlook express calendar from my old machine to my
    >>>new one. Use XP Pro on both.
    >>>What is the procedure please.
    >>>Thank you,
    >>>Seamus J. Wilson
    >>>

    >>Outlook EXPRESS doesn't HAVE a calendar. What are you really using?

    > Yeah - I want some of what HE'S smoking <g>

    ROTFLMAO!

    Gordon Burgess-Parker, Nov 9, 2005
  5. Seamus J. Wilson

    Mitch Guest

    In article <iVrcf.2136$mt.1715@fed1read01>, Seamus J. Wilson
    <> wrote:

    > I want to move my outlook express calendar from my old machine to my new
    > one. Use XP Pro on both.
    > What is the procedure please.

    Are you writing of the OUTLOOK calendar?
    If so, it probably offers an Export or Save As function; just use that
    to export it, then import on the other computer into the same program.
    Mitch, Nov 9, 2005

    Warren Loesch, Nov 9, 2005
  7. Mitch wrote:
    > In article <iVrcf.2136$mt.1715@fed1read01>, Seamus J. Wilson
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>I want to move my outlook express calendar from my old machine to my new
    >>one. Use XP Pro on both.
    >>What is the procedure please.

    > Are you writing of the OUTLOOK calendar?
    > If so, it probably offers an Export or Save As function; just use that
    > to export it, then import on the other computer into the same program.

    No need. If the OP is /indeed/ talking about outlook, just close it and
    copy the pst file to the new machine.

    QED!

    Gordon Burgess-Parker, Nov 9, 2005
  8. Seamus J. Wilson

    Ron Martell Guest

    "Seamus J. Wilson" <> wrote:

    >I want to move my outlook express calendar from my old machine to my new
    >one. Use XP Pro on both.
    >What is the procedure please.
    >Thank you,
    >Seamus J. Wilson

    There is no calendar in Outlook Express.

    To move your data files and program configuration settings from one
    computer to another use the Files And Settings Transfer Wizard that
    comes with Windows XP (in Accessories - System Tools).

    Using the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard by MVP Gary Woodruff:
    http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/fast.htm

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    http://aumha.org/alex.htm
    Ron Martell, Nov 9, 2005
  9. Seamus J. Wilson

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>, Gordon Burgess-Parker
    <> wrote:

    > > If so, it probably offers an Export or Save As function; just use that
    > > to export it, then import on the other computer into the same program.

    > No need. If the OP is /indeed/ talking about outlook, just close it and
    > copy the pst file to the new machine.
    >
    > QED!

    Okay; but it's still a good procedure to use if the versions are
    different, or if the new program isn't the same at all.
    If the new program has calendar data, that data would be lost by
    replacing the file without going through the import steps.
    Also, I don't think it is obvious where this "pst" file would be.

    On the other hand, using this kind of method can help show people how
    to share one database among more than one user; I doubt Outlook can
    work this way (because it already has a system to share calendar and
    contact info), but some other programs will allow multiple users to
    share a common database file.
    Mitch, Nov 9, 2005
  10. Go to your local computer store and look for a utility
    called PC MOVER. This, and other utilities like
    this, will move your system and files to the new computer.

    It also includes a cable to connect your two computers.

    Fred McDonald, Nov 10, 2005
  11. Mitch wrote:
    > In article <>, Gordon Burgess-Parker
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>>If so, it probably offers an Export or Save As function; just use that
    >>>to export it, then import on the other computer into the same program.

    >>No need. If the OP is /indeed/ talking about outlook, just close it and
    >>copy the pst file to the new machine.
    >>
    >>QED!

    > Okay; but it's still a good procedure to use if the versions are
    > different, or if the new program isn't the same at all.
    > If the new program has calendar data, that data would be lost by
    > replacing the file without going through the import steps.

    Quite right - you never "import" a pst file. In Outlook,
    File-Open-Outlook Data File.

    > Also, I don't think it is obvious where this "pst" file would be.

    the OP has to do /some/ work, don't you think? ;-)

    Gordon Burgess-Parker, Nov 10, 2005
  12. Seamus J. Wilson

    Dave Lear Guest

    "Gordon Burgess-Parker" wrote in message news:

    > Quite right - you never "import" a pst file. In Outlook, File-Open-Outlook
    > Data File.

    File

    Import and Export

    Import from another program or file

    Next

    Personal Folder File (.pst)

    Next

    etc
    Dave Lear, Nov 10, 2005
  13. Dave Lear wrote:
    > "Gordon Burgess-Parker" wrote in message news:
    >

    >>Quite right - you never "import" a pst file. In Outlook, File-Open-Outlook
    >>Data File.

    > File
    >
    > Import and Export
    >
    > Import from another program or file
    >
    > Next
    >
    > Personal Folder File (.pst)
    >
    > Next
    >
    > etc

    No NO NO! Consult the experts in the MS Outlook group - NEVER import a
    pst file, that's the fastest way to corruption/

    Gordon Burgess-Parker, Nov 10, 2005
  14. Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:

    > No NO NO! Consult the experts in the MS Outlook group - NEVER
    > import a pst file, that's the fastest way to corruption/

    Faster than getting elected?

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all Google Groups posts.
    Blinky the Shark, Nov 10, 2005

    Gordon Burgess-Parker, Nov 10, 2005
  16. Seamus J. Wilson

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:Xns970A7AC3DE834bnooz@130.133.1.4,
    Blinky the Shark spewed forth:
    > Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:
    >
    >> No NO NO! Consult the experts in the MS Outlook group - NEVER
    >> import a pst file, that's the fastest way to corruption/

    > Faster than getting elected?

    Which is why I believe in term limits. Politicians should get two terms. One
    in office, one in prison.

    like an idiot.
    Toolman Tim, Nov 11, 2005
  17. Toolman Tim wrote:
    > In news:Xns970A7AC3DE834bnooz@130.133.1.4,
    > Blinky the Shark spewed forth:
    >
    >>Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:
    >>

    >>>No NO NO! Consult the experts in the MS Outlook group - NEVER
    >>>import a pst file, that's the fastest way to corruption/

    >>Faster than getting elected?

    > Which is why I believe in term limits. Politicians should get two terms. One
    > in office, one in prison.

    Or one in the Army! (As a grunt, obviously.......)

    Gordon Burgess-Parker, Nov 11, 2005
  18. Seamus J. Wilson

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    Gordon Burgess-Parker spewed forth:
    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >> In news:Xns970A7AC3DE834bnooz@130.133.1.4,
    >> Blinky the Shark spewed forth:

    >>> Faster than getting elected?

    >> Which is why I believe in term limits. Politicians should get two
    >> terms. One in office, one in prison.
    >>

    > Or one in the Army! (As a grunt, obviously.......)

    Heh heh heh...that would work too <g>

    like an idiot.
    Toolman Tim, Nov 12, 2005