    Application Data/Mozilla/profiles folder. So where are the e-mail
    being stored and how do I import the old ones?

    , Mar 3, 2006

  2. Pete Guest

    x-no-archive: yes

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I just installed 7.2 on a new laptop and I want to move the Netscape
    > 7.2 e-mails over to the new laptop. The old e-mails were previously in
    > the folder called pop.earthlink.net located under
    > Documents and settings/Application Data/Mozilla/Profiles/default/mail.
    > However, after I installed 7.2 on the new PC (Windows XP), there IS NO
    > Application Data/Mozilla/profiles folder. So where are the e-mail
    > being stored and how do I import the old ones?

    Is there no "import" option in the menus?

    Pete, Mar 3, 2006

  3. why? Guest

    On 3 Mar 2006 05:00:29 -0800, srsand wrote:

    >I just installed 7.2 on a new laptop and I want to move the Netscape
    >7.2 e-mails over to the new laptop. The old e-mails were previously in
    >the folder called pop.earthlink.net located under
    >Documents and settings/Application Data/Mozilla/Profiles/default/mail.
    >However, after I installed 7.2 on the new PC (Windows XP), there IS NO
    >Application Data/Mozilla/profiles folder. So where are the e-mail
    >being stored and how do I import the old ones?

    I don't reinstall NS, or maybe I did, I have done this many times with
    NS 4.72 and maybe once or a bit more with v7, but the folders are
    different.

    NS 4.72 by default had everything in 1 place, v7 uses
    <x>:\Program Files\Netscape and
    <x>:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\<username>\APPLICATION
    DATA\Mozilla\Profiles\Default User\<profilecode>

    The instructions I remember for v4.72,
    Copy the entire <x>:\Program Files\Netscape tree from 1 PC to the other.
    The Users (folder - <x>:\Program Files\Netscape\Users), has sub folders
    named for each profile

    Launch netscape with the command line profile manager switch

    (4.7)
    netscape -profile_manager

    (7.x)
    Profile Manager (Start > Programs > Netscape 7 > User Profile Manager).

    (back to v4.7)
    Create a new profile,
    It asks for a username / mail address, so I put in something quick like

    as
    as@as

    Paste in the folder name (of the existing profile), check the drive
    letter, accept if correct, you get a message saying existing settings
    are present , use those.

    The email / settings are read from the existing profile. Launch NS and
    pick the profile, all settings were there.

    Then again there is NS support, several moz forums and www.google.com

    Me

    why?, Mar 3, 2006